[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

When you make a flow and choose for “a scene is activated” you can choose the right or left button.

So I just started to go into this smart house hobby. Saw a few post about Xiaomi/aqara and followed that road.

I got a Xiaomi hub from China and was told to connect to “Mainland China”. Well I can only find “China” not Mainland and when I connect to China I’m told to check my network, anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

The product I want to connect to my EU hub is Xiamoi power and a fire alarm.
When. I try to connect the power hub from EU servers the hub say "child device connected’ but is don’t show up on my device list

Euuuh, you are here on the homey forum. Specifically in a topic where users are using the xiaomi/aqara products to connect directly to homey. So, we are not using the xiaomi hub you’re talking about. So I don’t think we can help you further with it!

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I have consulted with Ted about the support of the Aqara B1 controller. In consultation with Ted I would like to start a crowdfunding to buy an Aqara B1 controller for Ted. To add this product to the Xiaomi app, he needs the product itself. The amount we need will be around 110 euros.

How much enthusiasm is there for this?

2 Likes

Any news on Aqara flood sensor? Nobody needs its support in Homey?

Just wait for Athoms approval of v0.6.0; this should include support for the flood sensors.

No news about the Aqara flood sensor. Still waiting for Athom the release the Zigbee rewrite and (!) add support for the IAS clusters (required for the Aqara Flood-, Smoke and Gas-sensor)

@Mario_Me April 1st is not even close…

3 Likes

Looks like I mixed up something then w/ the Miija Water sensor you mentioned on GitHub :face_with_raised_eyebrow::worried::exploding_head:

The related issue on Github is still open and “we’re still waiting for the Zigbee rewrite AND implementation of the alarm cluster by Athom”.

Will the new Xiaomi B1 curtain controller be supported soon? (ZNCLDJ12LM)

Dear all, following the post of @Wouter642 and the frequent requests on this forum and Github; I’d like to suggest the following:

In order to be able to add support for the Aqara B1 Curtain Controller and possible the new Aqara roller curtain controller I will need to have access to these devices myself, to add reverse engineer the drivers for these devices and add support for them in the app.

If there is sufficient demand for these devices, and people are interested to support this activity with a paypal donation, I will place a “formal” call for support to raise the 190 euro required, including tracking in a similar effort where the Homey community collaborated before on the previous forum.

Great suggestion. I’m still doing some research whether it will be Xiaomi or Slide. If it will be Xiaomi I’m happy to support the development. Later this month I’ll make my decision.

That is very frustrating. I bought few flood sensor year ago and didn’t use them. But I was sure I will be able to use them with homey.
Now I know the issue was opened on githab on 29 Nov 2017. Almost 2 years ago!!! :hushed:
Actually I thought it is possible to add support of ANY device to Homey when I decided to buy it at 300 euros. If Athom advertises Zigbee is supported - I think I can write an App to use any sensor I need.
“Homey - Everything at home connected” - Athom lying to us.
Ok. I understand there is no perfect OS, perfect app… But 2 years!!!
Also there is a problem with Gledopto devices where people waiting for Athom action - https://github.com/mruiter/com.gledopto/issues/12#issuecomment-503758278

I also post a email to Athom staff 6 month ago about isPlaying status of Sonos speaker. isPlaying switching to FALSE after few minutes of playing while music still playing. So I cannot use wireless button to Start/Stop music on click. This bug still not fixed by Athom.

Very bad support for 300 euros device!

You are aware that Ted is an unpaid volunteer developer that develops this app in his own spare time and with his own funds? And has no ties to Athom except that he is an enthusiast and just member of this community like you and me?
You’d better send this to Athom Support directly since Athom still didn’t release the new Zigbee stack.

2 Likes

It seems you didn’t understand my post. I don’t have any claims to Ted. Thanks him for his work!
I mean Homey’s software quite wet and I would not say Athom staff works hard to fix it.
No, no, no. I don’t believe. They just collect our money for the wet product.
I post email about a bug with Sonos speaker to Athom support. They replied they will pay attention to the bug. After few months of silence I post one more email. They replied they lost my issue ticket, but will fix it.
But after few months they still didn’t fix it.
2 years they do nothing with their zigbee so we cannot use some xiaomi sensors. There is a problem with gledopto devices also because of their zigbee support.
They say - Everything at home connected. But we unable connect everything without their support.
Maybe it is better to use open source Home Assistant? But I already paid 300 euros for Homey and so don’t want to switch…

@Andrey @PetervdK I didn’t take it as a statement to me or my work.
I do share the frustration regarding state of Zigbee implementation, the marketing around it and lack of progress.
However, I do also believe that it will be resolved and Homey is providing a versatile home automation platform.

3 Likes

“Maybe it is better to use open source Home Assistant? But I already paid 300 euros for Homey and so don’t want to switch…” @Andrey, I think, Homey is one of the best home automation platform in this price range I have experienced so far. Yes, it has some bugs that need to be resolved and I can imagine better UI, but currently it offers the widest user friendly options for home automation out of the all available solutions on the market (comapring to Fibaro, Vera, Domoticz, Zipatile). If you will find better solution, I will be more than happy to try it and test it. As mentioned before, I didn’t find single use case I wouldn’t be able to automatize with Homey so far (more than 100 devices in my home).
You have alternative option to use Fibaro zwave water sensor instead, if water leak is critical for you.

Don’t think that automatisation of 100 devices is big deal.
Support of 100 different devices - it is big deal. But support is not strong point of Athom.
When we say about months or even years of ignoring known issues I can say there is no support at all.

Question is, whether its smart to have 100 different devices in your home? I see no reason for that, otherwise you can only expect a lot of problems. I always do a research prior to he device purchase regarding its compatibility and potential problems.
Honestly, mine system is running 24/7 from May and its working as expected with only minor issues (e.g. not receiving push messages occasionally). All lights automated, a lot of sensors, security, venetian blinds, entry gate, garden watering, kitchen exhaust control, heating and air conditioning, central consumption metering and everything works as expected.

<< Let’s close this discussion in this topic and if needed continue in a separate topic >>

4 Likes