[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Owwww okay… it’s because you look for no neutral option I thought of a wall switch.

But that is a relay, but also called switch😌
I can’t find a one-gang relay either.
And relays do need a neutral as far as i know.
This is a 2-gang relais, for half the price of an aqara (but it needs a neutral)

If you install it above a light f.i., there should be a neutral wire

Aqara is releasing a specific EU designated devices like the Single Switch Module T1 (No Neutral) or the new H1 switches.
I suspect that these will not be available through the Chines resellers.

I suspect that these will not be available through the Chines resellers.

Yes, that will be the cource. I will look in holland.
THX!

as e.g. Ali also sells the EU smart plug of Xiaomi I hope they do… :crossed_fingers:
There are rumours for over 1,5 years that EU versions of D1 etc. will be released, but haven’t seen any new EU devices unfortunatelly.

I ordered this in a Dutch reseller webshop and they work like a charm.

I very recently got an email from Aqara that they’re looking for beta testers for several new products, including an EU switch, so they’re definitely in the works.

I have a feature request. I love the activity tab for individual devices, like how door/motion sensors show when a sensor was (de)activated. Would it be possible to have this log available for wireless switches, as well? It’d be really helpful to see “X button was (single/double/long-)pressed at Y time.”

For example, I occasionally have wireless switches stop functioning. Having a log like that would make it easy to check whether Homey is still registering button presses, rather than having to run test flows, checking developer tools, etc.

You should keep in mind that the non-neutral versions will not be Zigbee repeaters…

1 Like

Hello

Have you managed to get these D1 devices to work?

I have a “one key” and I have managed to synchronize it with homey, but I cannot act on it from homey.

I have a zigbee network with only 7 devices, but this D1 is not working and is constantly sending the error “timeout after 30000ms”

Any ideas?

Thank you very much

Try to “interview” it while the device is in setup mode, or if it has a little reset button, hit that button every other second during interview.
developer.athom.com/tools/zigbee.

Background:
With some lights f.i. it enables some settings which were unavailable before the “interview trick”

I buy Xiaomi, Aqara and Tuya devices for my webshop and test them on the different platforms. With Homey this is a fantastic experience :slight_smile: . I love the Aqara Magic Cube. Did not het arround testing the D1 but will let you know when I do.

Hello

Thanks for your help @Peter_Kawa

I have done an interview but the aqara D1 still does not respond. I have also done the interview by pressing the “switch” on-off, but it did not work either.

Thanks for your help @XiDomoticZ

Have you tried the other old version which is not D1? Does that version work better?

1 Like

Can you share a diagnostics report from within the app (settings > apps > Aqara > settings > send diagnostics report) when you get this timeout?

Typically, this timeout points to the switch not being reachable; ie. an issue in the mesh network
Did you check your mesh network?

2 Likes

Hello @TedTolboom

Thanks for the prompt response.

I have generated this report. a586b4e3-a4f4-4cf1-a59c-49a85d0ff4f1.

I have checked the zigbee network on the web Homey Developer Tools, is that correct ?.

Devices on the network are working fine (there are several aqara sensors). Do you want a screenshot of the network?

Thank you very much for the help!!

What is the distance between the D1 switch and Homey; and are any mains powered devices acting as routers in between?

1 Like

Hello @TedTolboom

I have tried to synchronize it 3 cm from homey. After syncing it right now it is 2.5 meters away.

No, there is no network powered device acting as a router.

Thank you very much !!

Hi guys! Since most things work fine back home, I haven’t been visiting this thread for quite some time. I do however experienced some Aqara issues lately. I did a quick search but didn’t find the exact problem (sorry if I missed anything obvious though).
I have two remotes that runs the same flow, one Nexa 433mhz (like a KaKu) and one Aqara Opple 6 button. The Nexa is flawless, and the Aqara works most of the time. But, once a day, when pressing the assigned button, Homey doesn’t respond. To troubleshoot, I test the other buttons of the Opple. Nothing happens.
When I try 10 minutes later, everything works again. So it seems it unconnects every now and then. Anyone else that have experienced the same thing?

I’d say, check your wifi vs zigbee channels to begin with
Aqara loses connection:

Interference check:
http://ostgardh.se/wifi_zigbee/index.html
Uitleg:

http://wifimetrix.com/channels-1-6-11-only

Athom advice:

1 Like

Are you planning to add support for the Aqara roller curtain controller? How much money is missing for a purchase?

Hi @TedTolboom

Did you find a bug or problem in the diagnostic file I sent you?

Thank you.

When i tell google to open my Aqara B1 curtains it instead closes them and vice versa, anyone with the same issue?

Not the same issue with ikea roller curtains.