[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

I dont get it. What is the backup I pay for? If I buy a new unit it wont restore flows if added same devices?

If you re-add a device, thatā€™s a new device for Homey. Even if the physical device is the same.

Hi all,

Iā€™ve decided to buy the Homey Pro and set up everything yesterday. Using the 1.1.4 app on beta firmware. I love it. Thanks to the developers of this app for their impressive work!

One thing I have trouble with is to get the following 2 items running:

• The Aqara Camera Hub G2 (I want to use it as a camera only, not as an hub).
  • The Xiaomi Zero Intelligent Doorbell

I am new at the platform, but do have some development experience. So not scared to write something myself, but I need some directions and a kick-start. Anyone who has suggestions?

The backup is if you reset your entire Homey, not just the zigbee network, that isnā€™t possible (to do just the zigbee part)
The back-up will also put back the old zigbee network, so youā€™ll end up with the same (bad) zigbee network.

Hi Ted,
Can you already say when you expect to release this single switch Aqara driver?
I already bought 2 modules in anticipation :blush:
Thanks for all your support and good work!

Hi Ted & Team,

I noticed Aqara launched a new set of wall switches and believe most people are buying those now. I just test it on my Homey and it doesnā€™t seem to work. It states that it only recognises it as a basic zigbee device. Would like to check any plans to include support for the latest set of wall switches? My switch model is QBKG22LM. Appreciate your help. Cheers!

Warm regards,
John

I believe those belong to the D1 serie? there is support in the latest aqara & Xiaomi app but you need homey V5 for it:

How do I install homey v5 though? canā€™t seem to find the instructions. Appreciate your help guys!

Turn on experimental updates here.

1 Like

Sweet. Thanks man!

Yes the app is installed and running
I added 2 other xiamo devices a switch and door contact sensor and they both work fine.
It just the light sensor that does not want to function.

It DOES restore the flows. But not the new device IDā€™s. Of course because of the fact you did not backup themā€¦
But it still saves you lots of time rebuilding the complete flows, now you only just have to add the new devices to them.

Thanks. My zigbee got broken, some devices do not respond anymore and I still have the issue adding new devices despite updating to newest experimental fw. But backup restores everything incl zigbee network. So i am not sure how I restore flows and have new zigbee network.

By manually fixing all the flows unfortunately. :frowning:
Btw, your problem sounds similar to mine - on v5 RC43 I start to loose periodically some Aqara devices and this time I wasnā€™t even able to add new devices despite of PTP,app restarts etc. Then I realized my ZigBee mesh is using only IKEA devices as routers,eg.ignoriging 10 Philips Hue devices. So I added additional IKEA Router and it seems to be almost fine. Iā€™m not sure what is going onā€¦but most probably itā€™s another issue on Athom/Homey side. You are familiar with with ZigBee limitations and routers requirements, right?

In any case, we are going OT here, so most probably create new thread for your issue, maybe someone can help.

I.m.o that is a good thing, not a bad thing. Ikea repeaters are specifically made for that job and should be powered permanently. Hue lamps can get switched off by a physical switch and cause mesh trouble that way.

Well yes but not in case your mesh collapse just because of avoiding Hue completely :wink:
Sorry for OTā€¦

Well just to let others know - in case you have question marks for some devices like I had even after weeks, that seems to be reason why Philips Hue were not routing/meshing with Aqara/Xiaomi devices - I simply removed and re-added (almost for each device I tried to re-add I require PTP Homey ) - now it seems I have none device in ? status and - I see some routes already via Philips Hue as well. Letā€™s see how stable that will be.

Hi, Ted.
I wanna ask you about this. Early i added some issueā€™s info to github. May be i should open ticket on homey?
Iā€™m on later beta 5.0.0-rc.44 and later 1.1.4 app using relay.c2acn01 and ctrl_ln2.aq1.
Always after reboot (software, power) second channels stops work normally. Every time i should re-add devices. With ā€œoldā€-style drivers (single device for both channels) all channels works fine.
May be i can help to do some debug to resolve issue?

update. rc-46 dosnā€™t solve second channel issue.

New update maybe some new bug fixes.

Homey SW version: Homey v5-RC46
App version: v1.1.4
Zigbee network reset : Yes (about 10 times)
Problem experienced:
The Motion sensors that are routing through Innr Sp120 are not working as expected. Sometimes they trigger the lights instantly but sometimes even that i see in the homey app that thereā€™s motion the lights are never coming on or are coming on after 20 or even more seconds. The sensors that are routing through Ikea Plug are working just fine.
Steps taken to resolve the problem: I have bought a Conbee 2.