[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Doesn’t exist yet even in the xiaomi home app. So probably it will be available soon, but it isn’t yet.

hi, my zigbee mesh network looks like this.

Upgraded to v5 few weeks ago.

I have no problems with adding new devices or any already added device.
Should i reset network and add one by one once again or i don’t have to do it.

Now i start to do flows and i don’t want to make it again if i have to reset network in near future.

Thnx for help.

1 Like

They are going to be available soon.
And please see my comments earlier on this topic.

Yes they do. But likely depending on you hub version; required to be compatible 3.0

Why would you like to go through all the trouble if there are no issues at all?

That did not do the trick. Do appreciate the help. Deleted one battery powered device to add a router in the form of a Phillips hue bulb with the hue zigbee app. Still can’t add any zigbee device. So no philips hue bulb, no Aqara Opple 6 button nothing. Do I need to reset zigbee and redo all flows?? Or should I work on my patience and wait for a fix. Hope I don’t have to redo the flows, I’ve got quite a few…

Thnx Ted for help! Saved me a lot of time and stress. Have a nice weekend.

Hello Ted

I have a new light sensor that does not work, its found as a general zigbee device.

Xiaomi Mijia Smart Light Sensor Zigbee3.0 Licht Detectie

It states that ir only works with the xiaomi bridge.
Is this one not supported in the app ?
I cant find an older model.
I;m willing to donate so you can buy one of these if need be

Can you share(a screenshot of) the ID’s when the sensor is added as a basic zigbee device?
Zigbee device > settings > advanced settings

Hm, I just ordered those recently and working fine… (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000475208359.html - also GZCGQ01LM, also there is a note about GW v3), the only issue seem to be as reported on Github - https://github.com/TedTolboom/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee/issues/237 but that’s not really an issue.

I get a message There is no Homey app found for this device.
The Device is added as a simple Zigbee device

Which FW and app version you are on ?
Also please share IDs from the Advance settings, when you pair it as Generic as Ted asked.

Hello Ted and Sharkys

This is a screenhsot of the device info

The App version is 0.80

That should result in finding a match… all ID’s match to the info in v0.8 of the app.
just to check, the app is installed and enabled?

Yes the app is installed and running
I added 2 other xiamo devices a switch and door contact sensor and they both work fine.
It just the light sensor that does not want to function.

@TedTolboom, just by any chance and based on your expertise - in my case ALL of my Aqara/Xiaomi devices are purely routing via IKEA routers only (at least based on 1st look on development page while I know each device might have different mesh/paths) and quite intensively ignoring several Philips Hue Zigbee lights/routers (permanently powered).
It even lead already to loosing some of the Aqara devices and I had to re-pair them (duplicated device method with Homey reboot was ok) - also till I reconnected another IKEA Router, the pairing was not successful.

Do you think it’s :
1 - because Aqara/Xiaomi devices are so picky and we can’t do anything about that
2 - because there might be some problem with Philips Hue app / implementation influencing routing (…which I guess it nonsense as it’s not driven by the app, correct?)
3 - because again Athom did something wrong :wink: ?

Please note some of the devices have still ? status even after 1 month yet they work fine (and those are not the ones which lost connectivity).
I’m on 1.1.4 and v5/rc44.

It is worth the try. But when you do, please start with the routers first. When the routers are added, you start with adding the end devices. If I’m correct in V5 you can add the devices on the spot where you want to place them, so not close to Homey. Probably then you have a higher chance the end devices will stick to a router instead of all to Homey.

I believe the flows will break, but you can fix the flows by adding the device again in those flow. I believe you don’t have to re-create the whole flow.

My Homey is in repair right now so I can’t show the screenshot, but with Homey firmware v5 RC38 I had several Aqara sensors that routed through a hue bulb or hue smart plug. Pairing through a hue router was way easier than through innr sp120’s or direct. I do. ow own Tradfi, maybe the’re faster responding?

1 Like

Hi, eventhough I use latest v5 version I have problems with some devices not working. Anybody did zigbee reset and successfully renewed from backup? I have tons of flows, it would kill me if I lose it :slightly_smiling_face:

I believe upon ZigBee reset, you have to re-add all devices and fix all your flows manually, or?

Yes, i will need to add devices again. But i wonder if the flows will be renewed from backup if the devices are back :thinking:

No they wont. You need to rebuild them.