[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

It happened to me when i restarted the app, didnot restart homey to

Can anyone confirm me if Aqara wireless wall switch ( WXKG07LM) works well with this app? It is pretty similar with the “WXKG02LM” but just to prevent me from placing an order for a product that might not work.
Thank you.

The Aqara D1 series (wireless) switches is not yet supported, but will be working with the next update…

3 Likes

Thank you for the quick answer, I’ll wait then.

I have been following the work you’ve been doing, I just want to say, excellent progress and thank you for all your efforts in developing this app that is useful to so many of us!

Since I’m not an “expert” i just wait for the stable homey v5 and your app as well.

Once again thank you :ok_hand:

I have resolved the issue and can now add all devices. What have I done?

1. reset zigbee network
  2. go to Ikea and buy a Zigbee lamp and signal repeater.
  3. added both devices (powered) to homey.
  4. add all (end point/battery) devices again (Temp senser, motion sensor, Wireless switch etc)

After this everything worked and I saw no limit with adding devices.

Probably adding 1 powered device would have been enough.

In any case, I am completely happy again! Thanks for all the work. I switched off experimental updates now!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry if this topic already have been handled here, but the forum turned quite busy the last week. :slight_smile:
The update worked very well for me, but I have some questions regarding a very few of my devices. They cannot show the mesh routes:

Some tried to just re-add them without removing them, this will actually remove the old device and add a new one, that also needs to be added to the flows they were connected to. No worries, I can do this. But since there are so many bright people here, I figure that I can at least ask the question. Is there any other way to just include the devices in the network?
They do work as they did with 4.2.0, but it doesn’t look good. :slight_smile:

@TedTolboom

Hi Ted,

If I can contribute in anyway to add the new Aqara D1 switches? I have received the D1 wireless light switches single and dual rocker. Single rocker = WXKG06LM and the dual rocker = WXKG07LM

Let me know.

Regards,

Dennis

1 Like

Give it time (some say it can take up to 9 days) or remove / connect. Both are valid options, the latter has more impact.

And yes, has been handled like a dozen times already. But no worries.

1 Like

Thanks @Martijn_Hoogenbosch. Yeah, I have seen that it can take several days to get the graphics updated, but I was a bit uncertain if that exact scenario was applicable for me since most aqara devices were updated in the list. I was worried that something was faulty with just these devices.

But then I know, I will let time pass and have it solved automagically. :slight_smile:

The answer for that is 4 or 5 comments above

I have removed the light senson and added it again but still the same, cant initialize.
In the developper overview i can see the mesch of this device.

I will wait for the next release.

Yeah, thanx for pointing that out.

Dear Ted,

Can you make a Github collection topic on Zigbee devices becoming unresponsive? It is great to see that with Homey V5 and your Aquara V1.0.1 it is possible to add more than 20 sensors to the Zigbee network. However I just keep losing sensors. The end devices are still listed in the Zigbee node ID list, but they become unresponsive. Over time more sensors become unresponsive. Removing and re-adding them is only a temporary solution.
(out of 10 motion sensors 8 became unresponsive, fixed that by removing and adding, then the 2 originally responsive sensors stopped responding, fixed that and everything worked last night, now 5 sensors became unresponsive. I could not trace it back to a certain router or (un)known route in the node ID list, nor the adding order, so the whole thing looks quite random to me)
Any advice is highly appreciated! Thanks!

How many router devices do you have and how many end devices? v5 hasn’t increased the 20-directly-connected-devices limit.

At the moment I have 3 routing devices for 26 end nodes = 29 in total. That should be doable.

(background info: I want to limit the number of routers and connect them to a UPS. All lamps are on a more stable Hue Zigbee network.)

Famous last words. I think you need at least about 10 routers to actually get a proper mesh (and that’s still feels a bit on the low side). The symptoms you’re experiencing sound like too many end devices and too little routers, hence my asking.

2 Likes

Thanks Robert! Advice taken: I will add more routers immediately and report on the progress.

delete all battery powered devices first, then add routers, then add battery powered devices… then … Partyyyyyy

And now lets keep it to app related, or the topic will again spinout to generic routing things, which we just split of this topic, any further posts about general routing will be deleted, continue any routing questions/discussions in the linked post.

3 Likes

Yesterday i removed my good working door sensors and re added them flawlessly, but when i removed a good working motion sensor i couldn’t add him again.
I also found out that my sensors can easily be removed by pushing the button on the sensor a few times.
As far as i know, i always had to remove a sensor by the remove button in the app, correct me if i am wrong.