[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

It connects via an Aqara relay. I will do some more testing. Perhaps even replace the battery.

UPDATE
I removed the switch. Replaced the battery, tried to include it again… but it will not include.

Re-Update-Update
Removed again. Added again, on top of Homey. Took two attempts. And now - ladies and gentlemen - it works…

@TedTolboom I just got the Aqara cube, works in general very reliable. However, when I move the cube too much in the air (for example when I am looking for a specific side) and place it back on the table, the top side is not updated. My guess is that this is because none of the existing ‘gestures’ is detected due too much movement. Is this something that can be fixed?

Edit: just read about this in the repo documentation. Turned out my guess was correct. Thanks for building this app!

Hi Ted!
Can you please add more options to click buttons on Aqara H1 Wireless Double Switch.
As of now it only works as a single switch.
Thanks

I’m looking into the issue right now.

I’ve added all options already :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Check the “A scene has been activated” flow card…

1 Like

Thanks! Didn’t notice that option.

Hi Ted,

Just FYI, any thoughts on this? It seems sensor model related

The device is reporting it’s battery voltage on periodic basic, or can be forced by pinching the sensor.

Battery percentage is calculated by a linear decrease between 3.0 and 2.5V, and battery alarm will trigger if the voltage is below 2.6 (20% based on the linear depletion). A more accurate voltage curve can be implemented, but differences are minimal. Any suggestions how to improve are welcome.
In fact this is a similar approach compared to other platforms.

Thanks, Ted.

Still odd, pinching all 4 sensors didn’t change battery level indicators, it’s still 100%.
Temperature & Contact sensors do report values below 100%

I have sent the interview results of Single and Double wall switches by message to you. Thanks.

Seems all vibration sensors reports now error just after recent update (didn’t restart yet) : e517f137-a006-432b-b6be-4e5fa7a4eb87

You’re running the test build… I am awaiting some feedback on other changes before the formal release.
Should be fixed in the latest version (1.3.8).

Note: I will use the test channel more often to test with other users if issues have been resolved.
Only install the test version if you want to contribute (if I ask you to) / risk running into an issue.
If not and you have installed the test version, please install the normal app store version (with the same version number) over the test version. Which will disable updating when a test version is released to the app store.
As a consequence, I will only make public announcements on app updates once the app is release to the app store

2 Likes

So if you are not asking to install Test version, you are not interested in Issues report or ? OK, never-mind, you are welcome.

I am and this comment was not meant / directed to you but all users.
I see that at this moment about 500 people are using the test version of the app.

Hello,

I got 32 Aqara devices (Door/window Sensors, Lightswitggches) in my Zigbee network. These Sensors are all Enddevices. So homey is not working fine. I want to add The Aqara Gateway.

Can you tell me Witch Version i have to order that works with Homey ?

The (battery powered) sensor devices are per definition EndDevices, since according to the Zigbee specifications they don’t have routing capabilities.
Why do you draw the conclusion that Homey is not working fine?

Hello,

Devices keep lossing connection and they react very slow. I created a ticket with homey Support and they told me that i have to match devices connected to my homey. As a solution they told me to add gateways drom the deferend branches to make my Zigbee Network more stable. Becourse most of my devices are door and windows sensores from Aqara end a few switches from aqara, the most logical gateway to add is the aqara gateway.

Now i read on different locations that there are multiple version of the Aqara gateway and not all work with Homey. So i need to know witch version to order and witch homey app to use.

How’s that even possible, given that Homey has a limit of about 20 directly connected devices?

That is the problem Homey has a limit of 15 Direct connected devices and 50 Devices if there are Zigbee Routers. My Ikea bulbs work as router.

First of all, great that Ted is freely spending time to help others with the app.

I have bought h1 wall switches and have searched the forum. It seems that support was on it’s way but haven’t seen an update for a while. I have a switch, I can connect it to homey bridge, but it does not react to the app.

Is this because it’s not fully supported yet or an error on my part?

Regards, bedankt, Rogier

Thanks; much appreciated!

Latest list of supported devices is part of the app store page:

So not supported; waiting for devices to become available:

• Aqara H1 wireless single wall switch
  • Aqara H1 single / double wall switch (with Neutral)