[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Pressure offset is working like a charm on the 10th floor :+1:

Thanks !!

1 Like

As a reply to the ā€œ12 hourā€ period; it is still acting the same way, updating Lux every second or so.

Hi @TedTolboom !!!

I am using NODERED and a temperature and humidity sensor (square).

The behavior is correct, it shows temperature, humidity ā€¦

The problem comes if Homey restarts. The sensor appears in homey and updates the values.

But it does not do it in NODERED. If I enter the MQTT Hub application and activate and deactivate the sensor at that time it starts sending data to the NODERED interface.

Do you have knowledge of this problem?

Thanks !!!

No I donā€™tā€¦ I didnā€™t find time to play around with NodeRED before.

Only option I can imaging is star the Aqara app, with quite some sensors requires more time to initialize then MQTT; therefore MQTT marks the sensors as offline.

You could try to restart the MQTT app (by a flow) around 30 minutes after the reboot.

1 Like

Hi @TedTolboom

I appreciate the help. I got through a flow, restart the MQTT server.

Thank you!!!

Could anyone tell me if there is a solution for the reset timer of the motion sensor?
I understand that the refresh time is long to preserve the battery. However,
i would like to have my lights activate automatically between sunset and sunrise when i walk
through the hall (nightly toilet visit - i have IKEA tradfri all over the house).

However, i dont want want my lights to stay active as long as the sensor is active.
I can set the light to be on for lets say 60 seconds after sensor triggering, but the sensor itself stays ā€˜ā€˜activeā€™ā€™ for quite long. is there any soluion to reset the status to no movement or something like that?

ideally i would walk through the hallway, lights go on. motion sensor resets after approx 20 seconds and light stays on for approx 60 seconds. if i walk back, light is off, and would trigger on again.

Anyone has some advice for me on this?

1 Like

The Xiaomi sensors have a default blind time of 60 seconds, I think. There is a hack (see this comment) that will cut that down to 5 seconds. Instead of soldering, you can also use a soft(-ish) pencil to make the connection that is required for the hack, and you can set the lower blind time in the advanced settings of the Xiaomi app, I believe.

2 Likes

@TedTolboom
Aqara opple. Is this some help for the problem?
https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/pull/2531

1 Like

Hey guys,
Any idea re: this?

You could try work with a countdown timer.
If the min value of the sensor is 60sec. I would start the timer for 90sec, because if you would walk back on the 60 sec, the light may go off (if the sensor didnā€™t see you already), now the sensor had 30 sec to spot you again :slight_smile:

Try to re-add them without removing them, it will tell you upon add itā€™s duplicated device but the error state may disappear. Had this issue before on version prior to v4.

How many zigbee devices you have? When i reach more than 20 this often happens to me too.

Currently 24 had 28 before with 2 Ikea plugs as a routers. Do you have all zigbee devices unavailable, or only Aqara models?

Hi Daniel_S

Sorry for going off topic ā€¦ How did you include those nice tags to the tiles?

Only Aqara app devices were not working. Other or generic zigbee ok. So I linked this problem to Aqara app.

@Gas thank you for sending the link; didnā€™t see this comment (in this thread) yet.
So it appears that indeed the device behavior can be controlled.

• Multiple options per button is controlled by setting a specific attribute: endpoint.write('aqaraOpple', {'mode': 1}, {manufacturerCode: 0x115f});
  • Preventing ā€œhostile take-overā€ of other Zigbee devices is controlled by defining the right Group(s)

Unfortunately, both options to control these devices are not implemented in Homeyā€™s current Zigbee Coreā€¦ Manufacturer specific attributes not (also needed to e.g. control the Aqara Curtains direction), nor does defining Groupsā€¦

I will, once more (see comment on Aqara Curtains), check if there is a work around; but donā€™t get your hopes too highā€¦ likely will be one for the Zigbee rewrite.

1 Like

Just use your google keyboard emotikons in mobile.

1 Like

Thanks Daniel!!!

Thanks so much for your work on this app and continuing to look into these switches, even though theyā€™re proving so much trouble. I/we really appreciate it.

Do you mean the multiple-options-per-button feature will have to wait for the Zigbee rewrite, or support of the switch altogether?

As far as the ā€œhostile take-overā€ behavior - could that be circumvented by not having any Zigbee bulbs connected to mains during the pairing process?

This is not possible because the App highlights all existing sensors w/ red exclamation mark

Has to be an error w/ the App, maybe Athom can investigate this, will report to

them.