[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Why can’t that be true? They are known to last very long on one cell…
I have some temp sensors that are running more then a year now and only recently started to show signs that the percentage is going down…
I also have some in the fridge and freezers and they show that much faster because of the low temperature. But also already running for over half a year now and still not lower than 60%.

1 Like

Oh, thanks for the hint about threads internal search. I’ll check again today at home.

@PetervdK I’ll keep an eye in it. But still have doubt about 100% after six months of using.

T01 t/m T04: received may 2018
T05 t/m T08: received may 2019
T09 t/m T10: received june 2019

The cell of T01 was replaced somewhere in august 2018 because it was empty. That appeared erroneous due to a bad cell or something. The cells from the others are not replaced yet.

1 Like

I’ll wait and see. I think this will be the first time that I hope for faster droping battery level :slight_smile:

Well, the available search function would have revealed the secret behind the battery levels…

I know it’s ancient information…
But @PetervdK also shows that the battery consumption of these devices is extremely low…

Oh so you actually put the temperatur sensors inside your fridge and freezer and it works? I never thought of this before. I was sure they would just stop working :stuck_out_tongue:

I use them in freezer and fridge as well. It work without problem for more then 3 months. This way I get notification if my kids will leave cooler/freezer door open, or of there is some other problem with freezer. :slight_smile:

I wasn’t sure, so i just tried. It works perfect. Even at a distance of over 12 meters in the shed in the backyard without a repeater.
Had some trouble because of frosted moist in one unit, the frost came between the contact pins of the cell. Cleaned it, dried the unit, mounted it in another spot and now it works fine again.

Thats really awesome. Ill buy a few more of these. Gonna try and put one outside, also in the fridge and freezer. I see they are made for -20C and too 60C. It could up to -30 but very rare.

I never really had issues with either z-wave or zigbee on pretty long distances with homey. And i dont have repeaters at all. Maybe im lucky, i see many have issues.

Great tips, thanks :slight_smile:

Still unable to add a new vibration sensor. I get stuck on “adding device”.

Keep pushing the button every 2 seconds

2 Likes

Hi, I am having problems with the Dual Relay switch. I want to trigger a flow then the second channel turns on or off, that one just doesn’t seem to work, but no problem when trying with the first channel though

Hi, can i link aqura wireless temperature and hunidity sensor with a wall plug?

Should be no problem using a flow I think

Don’t exactly know how to interpret your question.
Possible answers:
You can switch the plug based upon the sensor data with a flow
When
Temperature has changed
And
Temp is above/below a value (using logic)
Then
Turn on/off plug

You can use a zigbee plug to extend the zigbee network to “reach” the temp sensor.

You cannot use the plug to pair the sensor to homey or to the plug itself.

2 Likes

I have Aqua wall switches single and double with no neutral. And some relay and sensors.
I have a problem that periodically switches stops responding with “could not reach device” or timeout errors. And after I try switch them in application they will works normal again for some time.

1 Like

I need small advice - I have Aqara Switch WXKG11LM and Occupancy sensor RTCGQ01LM and I can’t add them to Homey (I have more then 25 different Zigbee devices including Aqara, Xiaomi etc.). The pairing mode is activated but Homey never recognize it. Xiaomi Aqara Hub recognize them immediately even on long distance. I keep pushing button, I tried to pull battery out, nothing is helping. Is it possible that I have some odd unsupported or Chinese market only version?

Yep, like almost on the Homey sphere. Just before I added without any issue door contact sensor 10m far from Homey (another Aqara)