[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

ted

2 Likes

Just received today switch with same ID and also unknown Zigbee device

Good evening,
I can (will) send you a
Aqara Wireless Remote Switch Double (WXKG02LM)] which has the Product ID (in Homey): lumi.remote.b186acn01.

How do I proceed ?
Paul

1 Like

Since I only have switches with other IDā€™s, Iā€™ve sent a donation instead.

2 Likes

I also have the lumi.remote.b1acn01 device (was so excited to try it today :sweat_smile:). Supported!

Hi Ted! After reading this post, I have posted bulletins on both the SmartThings and Hubitat community forums asking for users to let me know if they have received one of these new versions of these three wireless switch devices.

On those two platforms, I should be able to see whatā€™s changed based on usersā€™ log output, and hopefully update the SmartThings and Hubitat device drivers to provide compatibility.

If helpful, I can share any of my findings once Iā€™ve received reports from users with one of the new versions of the switches. I know that Homey works very differently from SmartThings/Hubitat, but the basics of what cluster / attribute ID data is sent should be useful between all three platforms.

1 Like

You got to love this community; at least I really do!
Thanks for all the great responses, thinking along and provided contributions!

I hope to receive the first devices in the next days / early next week, so I can see what needs to be done to add support for these devices. In the meantime, I figured out a way to be able to handle different device IDā€™s and logic without making it visible to the end user (prevent all devices to appear double in the app store / inclusion dialog)ā€¦

@veeceeoh any support is always appreciated!
Advantage of having the devices myself, is that I can listen in on the communication between the device and Homey (or the Xiaomi Hub)ā€¦ without being dependent on the Zigbee (logging) implementation of Homey.

Hi,
Is there any news about vibration sensor?

1 Like

New capability icons (for tilt and tilt alarm) will be available tomorrow.
Goal is to finalize the Vibration sensorā€™s driver / app update this weekend.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:
I have now 3 of them and also some ideas to use it :wink:

Mineā€™s arrived - will test and report back when you are ready.

I just received a Cube (model MFKZQ01LM, device data: LUMI / lumi.sensor_cube / 24321 / 260), but the double tap does not seem to work (everything else does). De readme states it should work, but I donā€™t see the capability in cube.json. So a bit confused :slight_smile:

@Chris_Brandhorst there is no specific capability required for double tappingā€¦ so therefore not listed in cube.json.

Likely you are trying to double tap on the cubeā€¦ try double tapping with the cube (on the table top)

@TedTolboom Youā€™re right, thatā€™s it. Thanks for the quick reply!

I am really wondering what kind of use you have for them. They seem cool but i canā€™t find anything i couldā€™t do with a door sensor.

Mind sharing your idea?

I wont to use it under my sonā€™s bed (3y) so that i know when he wake ups and i can switch night lamp on, because sometimes he is scared when it dark in the room.
I donā€™t know if it will be possible in homey to see the vibration force. In xiaomi app itā€™s possible.

I tried it with pir sensor but it doesnā€™t work because it reacts when he moves in sleep and lamp goes on and he wakes up because of light.

And some other ideas with other bed but i will leave it for me :smile:

Alarm if thieves try to crack out the entire door-frame

@Paul just received your Double switch / remoteā€¦ thanks once more!
Starting to look into the issue

Iā€™m still doubting to implement the vibration forceā€¦ In my Xiaomi app / hub, the vibration force is no longer shown (graph is empty) and it looks like that the force is not reported instantly (only vibration detected), but only after 3-5 minutesā€¦

Thanks for all the great developments @TedTolboom! I will make a small donation as well.

Just received my motion/vibration sensor and water sensor, so looking forward to start using the first one this weekend. Any idea when Athom will have implemented the Zigbee protocols you need for the water sensor? I sold my Gateway because of your great work for Homey, so now have one sensor that I canā€™t use :no_entry:

I just uploaded v0.4.2 to the app store; now waiting for Athomā€™s approval.

Changelog of this update:

So it will add support for the long awaited Aqara Vibration sensorā€¦ but it will also break some flows for the people that did not already update their flows

• Removing the old, no longer working, (marked DEPRECATED) cards as announced as of release v 0.3.0
    So please update your flows to not use the DEPRECATED flow card triggers
1 Like