[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

If that is the case after you removed it from Homey, then that is likely because it is not connected to any controller anymore. My (connected) switches only blink once on pressing a button. I assume they are the same, I have the WXKG02LM.

Iā€™m using the WXKG02LM as well. after reading a little about the zigbee mesh network I think I have 3 routers and 7 endpoints (battery controlled devices). if Iā€™m correct you can put 20 endpoints behind a router so I dont think this should be an issue

Normally it shouldnā€™t, but with the current Zigbee implementation Athom only guarantees 10 to 15 devices in total.

It should only blink once. But it does to additional blinks now ā€¦

Also, I canā€™t remove it. Itā€™s still a device in my homey app with a red symbol in the corner. When I try to remove it I get the message posted above.

Also because Iā€™m not living in the house where I want to implement the devices yet, I have only the switch controlling one zigbee bulb, 2 action RF sockets and a hue hub.

I will remove my door sensors later this evening to rule out the max nr of connected devices issue.

Do a PtP of Homey and then try to remove again. Most of the time that works.
Then the next time, first do the PtP before removal, sometimes it might just all work fine again.

From another topic (i know you can read Dutch so i share it :stuck_out_tongue:)

hi all,

i still cant pair my Aqara sensors to my homey.
I already opened a thread on Github (https://github.com/TedTolboom/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee/issues/150), but not much response there so i will try my luck here :slight_smile:.

Just purchased 2 Xiaomi/aqara temperature/humidity sensors.
both wont pair with the homey app. They both blink 3 times as required by the app but after that nothing happens.

I tried reinstalling the app and restarting homey but no succes.
I tried keeping the sensors awake while trying to connect but also no succes.
It keeps only showing the install instructions screen and after that the time out screen.

Homey Pro (early 2019)
Homey version 2.1.1
App version 2.2.1.299
node.js versie v8.12.0

Mi zigbee app v0.5.5

I also tried the Door and window sensors, they have the same issue.
Also tried the sensors on a older Homey (early 2016) from a family member, here all the sensors pair without any problems. All the software versions (homey and the mi zigbee app) are exactly the same as on my homey pro.

Hope @TedTolboom or someone else has an idea.

1 Like

I never did remove the switch because homey wouldnā€™t let me. PtP didnt work. Holding the buttons to go in discover more also had no effect on the removal attempt.

I have reinstalled the app, added the device and now itā€™s working again. Nakkie040 his devices started working out of nowhere, so thatā€™s awesome but also weirdā€¦

Als all good that this is happening in a test environment, but Iā€™m planning on using at least 10 different aqara devices. Canā€™t go making every flow over every time one device calls it a day xD

That may be, but the fact is that you held the buttons to start the removal. And despite the fact that Homey didnā€™t remove it, it did reset the switch itself and thus removing any association with a controller. That is why the led blinks more than once, it indicates that there is no association present in the device.

Mhmmmā€¦ still huge issues now since weeks as the temp sensors and the contact sensors just donā€™t report nor update their values. Ted, as you didnā€™t address this or answered via GitHub, is it possible to get an update here on how work is progressing?
The sensors are absolutely useless unfortunately - I mean yeah, itā€™s the cheapest sensors on the market and yeah, itā€™s just like choosing VW or eating Tuna; we deserve all the bad errors and instabilities due to choosing this stuff that is produced on the back of 12 yr old employees (meaning the area managers); but - itā€™s be nice to get the stuff working anyhow :face_with_hand_over_mouth::man_shrugging:

For those who cannā€™t remove the devices:

try to link them again, it will give you a duplicate device error, now you can unlink it.

This always works for me.

2 Likes

You are aware that many people have similar problems at the moment? And that it looks like it is related to the number of devices that Homey support (max 10 to 15 in total) or Homey memory leak problems?
There are people who got it working again by doing a PtP (Pull the Plug for 15 minutes), some after removing some less used Zigbee devices.

I think this is an assumption on your side. I have seen no proof this is true, I have seen proof it is not true.

1 Like

I have read almost all topics with similar problems in the last week.
In one of them there is even a copy of a mail from support that states exactly this reason. And also some people got rid of the problem after removing some devices.
So assumption? Yes, maybe, but done on these facts.

I have seen posts and screenshots form people having added more that 15 devices.

So saying a max 10 to 15 (how can a max be a range?) is simply not correct.

(I really donā€™t care about emails from Athom support, Iā€™ve received some from them too and sorry to say but they just give easy answers, not per say factually correct.)
Bet lets not abuse this Xiaomi/Aqara topic to discuss Zigbee problems.

1 Like

Correct, please create a new topic if you would like to discuss generic zigbee problems in detail.

Thanks

1 Like

Well, there we go again. I point someone to (a lot of) similar problems and what is said about the causes and solutions and now i am assuming all of this (even when itā€™s an official Athom statement) and thus starting a discussion?
Seems i better stop helping and let others do that. Seems they are far more capable of doing that.

Aqara relay would be of interest. I would help to paypal you. Does any of you guys know if I will be able to connect it to Homey with native Zigbee device? Before Ted gets it ready :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Explain this screenshot 1 contact sensor not responding .
Everything is connected to homey except number 11.
And that is also the one that is not responding.
As homey is the coƶrdinator homey is responsible for not assigning I also believe this is a zigbee problem.image

Iā€™m sorry, I canā€™t explain why device 11 isnā€™t properly connected. It could be a Zigbee problem, it could also be a device problem. Seeing that you have quite some other (meshed) devices and another properly connected contact sensor (17) I would start to try to solve this with the device as starting point.