[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

@wesley_w I’m following up with Athom support.
I have seen multiple reports on devices that stop reporting, but specifically for the sensor devices, I strongly doubt if the app, who only listens and does not actively communicate with the sensor, is the cause of no longer reporting devices.

In addition, I checked my diagnostics logs, but I can’t find any submitted by you (with your name as reference).

2 Likes

The v1.3.0 version of the app has just been released to the app store, adding support for the Aqara TVOC Air Quality Monitor.

For reference the default reporting behavior of the Air Quality Monitor:

Capability Minimum reporting interval Maximum reporting interval Reporting threshold
Temperature 30 (s) 10800 (s) 0.2 degrees C
Humidity 30 (s) 10800 (s) 3% RH
TVOC 60 (s) 10800 (s) 20 ppm/m3

One note: the Air Quality Levels are currently based on the TVOC measurement results and Air Quality Levels specification. As a result the levels don’t correspond with the Air Quality 'leaves shown on the Air Quality Monitor. I’m clarifying with Aqara to get the levels specification matching the leaves shown or to get the ‘leaves’ reported by the the monitor.

7 Likes

Great news, thx @TedTolboom!
Big thumbs up!

1 Like

@TedTolboom just wanted to give the feedback that I think you have a an admirable amount of dedication for this project. I really appreciate your work and support here!
Thanks
Roger

4 Likes

@TedTolboom , when will the new wireless remote switch H1 single and double rocker be supported?

Thanks.

1 Like

Adding support for one device, getting the questions for others… story of my… app :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not all Aqara H1 (wireless) switches are available yet.
Once they are available, at (my) hand and if my private agenda allows for it, I will add support for them.

3 Likes

Fair enough. I will wait patiently.

Thanks.

A big thanks for all your effort and work, Ted!
:beers::pray:

How are things with the addition of Aqara roller shade?

2 Likes

I seem to be having issues which seem to be common with the sensors. I have the Aqara window and door sensors and about half of them go to sleep and never wakeup. I can re add them but then after some weeks they all go unresponsive. I sent a diagnostic report, but after reading think it has more to do with homey than with the app.

1 Like

I have 3 of the Aqara zigbee motor and one B1 motor. So for 3 it ain’t possible. Thanks!

Hi,
I was thinking to use Aqara Vibration sensor for an additional notification for doorbell. But it looks like it cannot pick this change (pics). It is quite. rapid.
So:

1. is there a way to lower threshold so it will report alert?
  2. Is there other sensor that can work this way?

Doesn’t the vibrationsensor respond when the ‘hammer’ hits the left iron?
There has to be a sensitivity setting in the device settings.
What about putting the v-sensor on top of the housing?

It does not report as a alarm. it is too quick or sensor is not so sensitive

The sensor itself has a sensitivity setting, but I don’t know if Homey supports this setting. Have you checked the device settings?

Tried to. looks like this.

Hmm too bad, doesn’t look like it’s possible to change it with Homey then :frowning:

Do you know any work around? Different device or something to send push notification ?

Here is a solution with a door sensor. I myself used a Neo Coolcam door sensor. Had to insert a (mini) AC/DC converter because else the sensor is triggered 50 times a second… :slight_smile:

I used the small aquara button and soldered a wire in parallel of the push button. Connected this to the contacts of a relay and connected the relay in parallel to the “gong”. This works perfectly and never misses a “push”.

2 Likes