[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Well, you deserve something from all users, as I understand your app is one of the most used, and you put in a lot of effort. It sure is just if the app stops if you don’t get something back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not when the internet is down, just when the channels interfere.
Many modern routers are auto scanning for busy channels and switch to less busy channels automatically. Hence sometimes switching to a channel that overlaps with your Zigbee channel.
And this can not only a problem because of your own router, it can also be the one of your neighbor that is too strong at some places.

Hi,
thank you for the great application. I currently use it with several Aqara switches and Xiaomi sensors. Now I wanted to add a new Aqara temperature sensor, unfortunately, the device is not visible to the homey - the addition process will expire (time out). In total, I have about 14 devices connected in Homey, so I hope that I have not reached the limit of the Zigbee protocol (however, I can add other Zigbee sensors just temperature no). Any idea how to connect a new sensor?
Thank you very much for your help!
Kuba

Just keep trying :slightly_smiling_face:. Restart Homey, wait a while and try again.

Thanks for the advice. I tried it almost the whole weekend and nothing :frowning:

Yeah it can be frustrating. I wasnt able to add aqara water leak sensor for days and suddenly later it went on first try.
Try reseting sensor by holding the button unless it stops blinking, wait a while and try to add it on the place, where it will be used.

Try all of those steps in following sequence :

• PPT, wait till all devices are back on-line
  • after Homey booting back up - restart the Aqara app and wait till all Aqara/Xiaomi devices are online without RED exclamation mark
  • try pair new device in CLOSE distance of Homey

Like that I addes about 6 new devices on v5 without ZigBee network reset. I’m currently on ~50 devices.
When I just PPT Homey, it was not enough for me - I don’t know, maybe just luck but try it and let us know.

Testing the new 5.0.0-rc.43

2 Likes

Yes, battery operated devices can be included again in 5.0.0-rc.43 ! #HappyAgain

3 Likes

There is just no way adding new door window sensor. Just dont work and i dont know why. Before it was a breeze connecting them

Is there somebody that had succes adding the smoke detector? I had it connected to homey for a couple of days but now it doesnt update the status anymore, tried to add it to homey by pressing the pair/test button three times but no response. First time it also took me a couple of tries but it finnaly succeeded. Is there a way to maybe reset the device before adding it again or something? Tried it on the latest rc also, and ofcourse al the other tings like ptp, etc.

Request to all people posting an issue / problem in this topic / here on the forum

Due to the transition of the Homey software version (Homey v4 Stable and Homey v5 Experimental), it is essential to be complete in your problem statement, to enable other active community members to provide the right support without having to go through multiple question - answer iterations.

Homey SW version: Homey v4.2 / Homey v5-RC … (mention RC version explicitly)
App version: v0.8.0 / v1.1.4 / … other (CLI installed)
Zigbee network reset: Yes / No (after update to Homey v5)
Problem experienced: (as detailed as possible)
Steps taken to resolve the problem: (as detailed as possible)

Please also check the steps described by @Dijker in Fixing disconnected Zigbee devices (without having to modify all flows)

8 Likes

I just installed two Smart Plugs and noticed that the power reading is 10x to high. The load is about 90w and Homey shows 873w. I did an interview and noticed that there are multiplier and divisor values so I suppose it should be possible to correct even if not all plugs are created equal.

Homey SW version: v5-RC34
App version: 1.1.4
Zigbee reset: No

@TedTolboom Thanks a lot. I installed 5.0.0-rc.43 in combination with app version 1.1.4. Al works like a charm. It’s also possible to add the opple devices. Even the Innr plugs (sp120)!

TED4PRESIDENT :wink:

2 Likes

Update to rc43 then it will work

1 Like

I am thinking about buying Aqara SINGLE RELAY modules but the app only shows the double relay module.
Is the Aqara single relay module supported? … maybe by selecting one of the other devices?

Thanks for the feedback.

P.S. I searched this very long topic for “relay” but could not find the answer to my question
P.P.S. I see that I should have searched for “SSM-U01” and that @TedTolboom is working on it :wink:

I still cannot add any Aqara temperature sensor…

Homey SW version: Homey v5-RC43
App version: v1.1.4
Zigbee network reset : No (after update to Homey v5)
Problem experienced: *
I cannot add a aqara temperature sensor in any possible way. I’m aware of the issues with the homey Zigbee (max amount of directly connected etc). At this moment I have 38 zigbee devices, from which 11 direct connected, en 18 (philips hue) routers.
Steps taken to resolve the problem: (as detailed as possible)
I tried it in RC38, did numerous of PTP (long and short wait), restarted homey via software, restarted Aqara app.
Tried the same after update to RC43, still no succes.
Also tried to add as general Homey Zigbee device, no response either.
I have 3 of the same sensors, all of them won’t connect. I’m using a few of them already for years.
My Zigbee mesh is very responsive, and all connected devices work like a charm since Firmware V5

I did read the topic mentioned above bij Dijker Fixing disconnected Zigbee devices (without having to modify all flows)

Just tried. Nothing changed. Tried all 5 new door window sensors.

Homey: 5.0.0-rc.38
Aquara: v 1.1.4

Resolved was on rc38 and doe to ram issue non of the apps did start, upgraded to RC43. And the Issue was gon.

Homey SW version: Homey v5-RC43
App version: v1.1.4
Zigbee network reset : No (after update to Homey v5)
Problem experienced: *
No apps will start.
Steps taken to resolve the problem: * restarted inn app page multiple times. And restarted homey.

It don’t work in rc38!
You must update to rc43