[APP][Pro] Xiaomi Mi Home App

Satellite Mode

Extend Homey Pro with Homey Bridge to extends wireless coverage throughout your entire home. Zigbee & Z-Wave extend your mesh network, 433 MHz & Infrared control the nearest devices.

The function is not yet available, so this is guessing,… The Homey Bridge should connect with Homey Pro via local WAN. Anything else seems unlikely .

@Jan_Peeters:
Can you ask @Maxmudjon to respond to Athom that the app is eligible for transferring to another developer?
They contacted him they told me.

Hopefully there is another way of transferring the app to another developer then.

Unless his mail is also broken :slight_smile: Just kidding, I don’t believe there would be no solution if he was doing great job with his apps

Well, to be honest: i still have support tickets open for my other apps, and many idea’s which will probably never see daylight because time is limited.

So i indeed try to pick apps that are easy for me to maintain, which are mostly non-device apps, or perhaps apps for devices i have.

I don’t have any xiaome devices, so taking this app on, would cost me more time (and money) then i would like, compared to other apps with which i can help out.

So, no, i prefer not to take on this app for migration or support, sorry :wink:

2 Likes

@Arie_J_Godschalk , I kind of knew it but fully understand that. Till you are here :wink: , can you share with us what is required for the app to be transferred, eg. is there some other way when your Homey would be broken, eg. just by responding to Athom with GitHUB ID and UserID of new developer ?

Or if anyone else would know, just don’t want to loose momentum that @Jan_Peeters got…

1 Like

Well, too transfer an app, all one has to do is goto the developer app page and click on trasfer, enter the user-id of the recieving app-developer, and press send.

After that, i guess you could ask Athom for the actual source code, right?

I don’t really understand why you would need an Homey at all to transfer the App or sourcecode, since neither is on the Homey.

1 Like

I pledge € 15,-

1 Like

It’s only based on the statement that original’s Homey got broken and he can’t transfer the app…as we are not developers, we can’t judge that. But based on what you are saying, it’s simply enough to visit https://tools.developer.homey.app/apps and perform the steps there without actually having Homey working ? Thank you.

I read somewhere that the agreement of previous developer is required but again, have no experience with it. ;-(

:moneybag: Bounty thread for updating Xiaomi Mi Home to SDK3 :moneybag:

I will post update as per info in this thread
(intentionally as new message to keep raising attention)

Please don’t commit your donation if you will not keep up on your donation.

@Sharkys - €15 - any working update (commitment by this message)
@Glenn_Dijkstra - €25 (in case of update of the original app) - commitment
@Henk_Renting - €25 - commitment
@M_a_r_c_o , €15 - commitment

Sum : €80

@Phuturist :pray: FYI (@Maxmudjon :vulcan_salute: just to be fair…)

Conditions to be fulfilled : Xiaomi Mi Home SDK3 published
ETA : don’t ask for ETA, trust to the community and developers

In case of any disagreements, let me know by PM or by reply to this message.

1 Like

Indeed, al that is needed to transfer the app is goong into the developer page.

And after the app developer has freely transfered the app, i am sure Athom can provide the sourcecode, if the argument is that he cannot access it because he needs a homey somehow?!

2 Likes

Perhaps someone can share that url (if generic at all) here so @Jan_Peeters can share it with the correct UserID with @Maxmudjon?

Let’s facilitate it as much as we can. Would be a pity to loose momentum, as @Sharkys already mentioned… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I already asked @Maxmudjon to transfer the app to me including my developer ID and the instructions on how to make the transfer. No response and from the posts above it’s even unclear to me he actually wants to stop maintaining the app. But if he does transfer it it does not necessarily mean I would migrate the entire app but it would be a first step to get this in the hands of a person who can pick this up.

I did already fork his repo on Github of version 3.0.5 of the app and made some first steps in migrating the WiFi devices (the drivers I coded myself back in the days). Just to get a feeling of the amount of work involved.

I’ll start digging in the gateway part when the bounty is encourging enough.

1 Like

The app has been transferred back to my developer account. I also have been given ownership of the GitHub repo. Unfortunately that is still on version 3.0.5. I asked Maxmudjon if he still has the code of 3.0.8 locally.

As mentioned i started migrating at least the drivers that where initially created by me.

3 Likes

Let’s try to keep development this side of the Danube :slight_smile:

That is great news, @Phuturist! Thanks for that!

Does that mean you will update the current app to SDK 3 (without further improvements) now that you don’t have to start from scratch? Or will you still wait for the bounty to have raised 399 euro?
If you agree to do just the SDK 3 update, I’d still be happy to donate my 25 euro already of course.

Perhaps Athom (@Emile?) can help you out on the code for v3.08 as @Arie_J_Godschalk suggested?
Arie might even be willing to answer any questions you might have about SDK3 when we look at him nicely now that he doesn’t have to test and maintain the app himself…
And of course: I’d be happy to test any new update!

“Grabs popcorn” :smiley:

I would also be happy to donate if the Humidifier integration can be fixed :face_in_clouds:

Still shows the error device power is not a function when adding it.

The transfer of the app ownership is unrelated to starting from scratch to update to SDK3. I had already retrieved the code from the GitHub of version 3.0.5 and Maxmudjon now also send me version 3.0.8 through Telegram. So thanx to @Maxmudjon for that. The transfer of ownership to my (or any other developer that might step in) was needed to be able to publish any changes made to the app store.

But let me also be clear on my motives here and what you can and can not expect from me. I’m not doing this because I’m a nice guy (cause I’m not). I manage some other apps but still own a very old Homey Early 2016. I actually dont use Homey myself anymore as automation system. But I still like coding apps for Homey and some companies which apps I develop send me free devices to integrate which is a nice perk. It motivates me to spend quite a lot of my free time on these apps. This is how you treat the people that support developing your products on their free time, if you ask me. I asked Athom if they will be handing out Homey Pro 2023 devices to (certified) developers but they wont. They obviously dont know where their success depends on. Anyway, I still like to replace my Homey to keep developing the apps without having to spend €399,- on a device I wont be using myself. So I’m looking for other ways to fund this device through the people who actually benefit from it, and that is you, the end user. Athom could also have made the device €405,- and supplied free devices for developers which in my book would be a much better approach but as mentioned, they wont so I’m trying to get this done myself.

So what can you expect from me. I can upgrade my own code for the WiFi devices to a SDK3 app. This excludes the gateway with it’s Zigbee subdevices. I probably need some people to test this version as I dont have any Xiaomi devices myself anymore but it should be pretty straight forward. I already put a couple of hours into this and I think I’m at 20% now. I’m guessing the total effort for this is around 10 to 12 hours. The current bounty is €80 but I think that also holds donations that require me to migrate the gateway with it’s Zigbee devices. That’s at the least another 10 hours. So this comes down to about € 4,- for each hour of my free time I spend on this with the current bounty and not even close to the getting anywhere near a nice and shiny Homey Pro 2023 which I’m aiming for. I’m a realist though and I’d be surprised if that amount would actually be reached but I really need to see more donations then the current 4 donators to make this work. Did I already say I’m not a nice guy …

[EDIT]
Oh yeah, one last thing. If another developer is satisfied with the bounty and wants to pick this up I’m of course fine with that as well. I will transfer the app to that developer.

6 Likes

Pledge €25,00

1 Like

:moneybag: Bounty thread for updating Xiaomi Mi Home to SDK3 :moneybag:

I will post update as per info in this thread
(intentionally as new message to keep raising attention)

Please don’t commit your donation if you will not keep up on your donation.

@Sharkys - €15 - any working update (commitment by this message)
@Glenn_Dijkstra - €25 (in case of update of the original app) - commitment :+1:
@Henk_Renting - €25 - commitment :+1:
@M_a_r_c_o - €15 - commitment :+1:
@Jan_Peeters - €25 - commitment :+1:

Sum : €105

@Phuturist :pray: FYI

Conditions to be fulfilled : Xiaomi Mi Home SDK3 published
ETA : don’t ask for ETA, trust to the community and developers

In case of any disagreements, let me know by PM or by reply to this message.

1 Like

Just to give a small update on progress. I’ve put in another 8 tot 10 hours and have a working SDK3 app for all the WiFi devices. It’s better than ever with loads of code refactoring. Most noticable improvement will be instant status updates for most capabilities instead of delayed status updates through polling. I want to make some more improvements and additions but I might publish it on GitHub for people to test out. It would require a local install, so I hope some of you know their way around the command line.

I’m a bit at a crossroad now. My appreciation to the 5 people willing to donate but out of 8600+ users I was hoping to be a little closer to my goal though before diving into the Gateway child devices. Anyone else out there that wants this app updated and help me reach my goal in the process?

Alternative might be to wait some time until the app really becomes unsupported but none of the users of this app would really benefit from this … :thinking:

3 Likes