[APP][Pro] Xiaomi Mi Home App

Sad day for me :pensive:
Thanks for trying

Well, i managed to make it work!:partying_face:
Sounds pretty stupid but after reseting my vacuum cleaner 20+ times, getting same tokens different ways and trying connecting it to my homey over and over again I didnā€™t think of just removing and installing your app.
I did it 2 minutes ago and it worked immediately!:open_hands:

Didnā€™t know such things might help nowadays but now Iā€™m super happy. Thank you very much for your support!

1 Like

hi, please advice: is ā€œPhilips Mijia ZhiRui Lampā€ supported as well?

Hi,

I have several Zhirui lights (spot, ceiling), it works !

1 Like

Use mi home 5.6.29 vevs for android. Token is in 怊device怋> settings > additional settings > network info
Also can set vacuumcleaner from chinese to english by making a automation scene ā€˜at 怊time怋do vacuumcleaner set to english+set carpetmode to 2ā€™
Works for styj02ym (needs 44 firmware) and s1
Do not upgrade to latest firmware (after 1-1-2020) as this will most likely disable local access to devices when you reset and re-pair it.
Edit: clarifications

ā€œIf it times out the polling frequency does not matter. Perhaps Xiaomi also did something to prevent third party control for the vacuum cleaner. Iā€™m seeing more and more proof of Xiaomi actively doing stuff like that.ā€

Not yet, stil have local acces up till now and with current firmware. Newest app+firmware change the API to run via cloud acces for the newest devices, but if you use old app it still fine. Problem was in your app and it just need reinstall to make it work again.
Edit: perhaps you can add styj02ym to the list,
DeviceID 308796824
Model viomi.vacuum.v7

This is a notice that I will be handing over ownership of the Xiaomi Mi Home app to another developer. The reason behind this is discussed here: Mi Homey

In short, there is an alternative app created by @Maxmudjon that support similar Xiaomi / Mijia devices but that also has support for the gateway and itā€™s subdevices. Athom would not allow this app in the app store so Iā€™m handing over ownership of my app so the Maxmudjon can merge both apps and continue development.

The transfer is not complete yet but will be taken care of in the next few days.

5 Likes

Thank you for everything! I still think you can anytime contribute together, or? :slight_smile:

That is possible but Iā€™d rather spend my time supporting my own apps. I only owned the Xiaomi vacuum gen 1 and I have rooted that device and now control it over MQTT. So I dont even use this app myself anymore.

1 Like

Let me say thank you for all the time you spend developing this app :v::clap:

2 Likes

Hi guys, is the wifi Xiaomi Bedside Lamp 2 supported? Searching in the forum takes me here, but i donā€™t understand if it is supported.
Thanks!

Here we go :slight_smile:

I wonder if other currently Zigbee incompatible devices will be added this way :slight_smile: Eg. flooding sensor, fire sensor, Bluetooth temperature etc. Would be awesome workaround.

1 Like

If you download Maxmudjons app Mi Homey (which was not allowed to Appstore coz of duplication) you can have these sensors right now (except BT termometers). I wonder what are his intentions now that he is owner of Xiaomi Mi Home app. I guess he is gonna fully merge the two apps in one. However now I use the Mi Homey to add the gateway and sensors which are not supported by Xiaomi Zigbee app.

1 Like

Wow, it works ! Even Iā€™m logged on the App itself to different region, Iā€™m able now to add those missing devices (when I installed the app from GitHUB). Really a shame Athom was against to have two app there this is kind of different approach.

Hi, I just an EU version Mi Power Plug that I am trying to add to the Homey. I have both the IP address and token, but I get the error message ā€œdevice.power is not a functionā€. Is there something I can do to make this work, or is it simply not supported?

And after having installed the Mi Homey app using CLI, I get a slightly different error message: ā€œIt is not Mi Smart Plug WiFiā€

Yes. Do not forget to turn on ā€œLan modeā€ in the Yeelights app for it to be controllable by the Mi Home Homey app

1 Like

So, does anyone know whether the WiFi version of the EU-type Mi Smart Plug is supported? I have spent the weekend trying to get it to connect to Homey and SmartThings (via the Mi Connector), but with no luck. Is it too recent a model to have been incorporated into the supported devices?

It is correct that Xiaomi mi robot v1 (the first generation) does not work with zoned cleanups? I tried it on both my vacuums with a number of different coordinates but all it does is go out of the dock for 20 cm and then yells ā€œfinished zoned cleanupā€ and goed back to the dock.

Thank you for your thoughts!