[APP][Pro] Virtual Devices - Virtual Devices to simulate 1 or more real devices

Hi, Yesterday I posted a request regarding Alexa integration. Since Nest is not supporting the external API anymore I can not controll my NEST via Homey anymore. Now I also have alexa and figured a way out that needs some change on VD. Read hear if you are interested or can help: Alexa Integration (v2)
If anyone has another suggestion (via ESP?) I’m also happy.

Hi, just had the same issue, solved quite easy.
You should do the next steps: lets say you have lamp 1 and lamp 2 connected to left and right button. Paired aqara double switch in athom device list name Lamp 1. Then create a virtual device with name Lamp 2 and create 4 flows: 1 when Lamp 1 (right switch) turns ON, then Lamp 2 ( virtual device) Turns ON. 2. The same flow as first one, only change to OFF. 3. When Lamp 2 turns ON, then Lamp 1 ( right swith) turns ON. 4. The same flow as previuos only with OFF. That is it, you will have two separate devices/buttons in menu list and these flows will let you see actual status and extension of the lights (turned on or off)

Hi! Could you take a look at this thread:

The only thing I do is make the virtual thermostat update a variable, with the built-in 0.5 increments.
There seems like the app should have some kind of rounding enabled before setting the value, as I suddenly got a bunch of decimals when setting the temperature.

see Virtual Devices

Hello, I like to control my kodi on my pc using Google assistant in Dutch. For now, there is no real solution for that.

So I was wondering, can I install a virtual device like a TV or speaker to homey, give that the name kodi, sync my devices with Google and control it with my voice?

I have tried to add a virtual TV but that is not visible in Google home. Also not after re-sync.

Lights are the only devices that are synced with Google home?

Hello, I don’t see multi mode device anymore in the app. Is it removed?

Yes.
See Release history

Indeed. I couldn’t get it to work properly in Homey2.0, so I disabled adding new multimodes. But the devices already added should remain working.

Okay thanks. Missed that

I want to show the percentage of my electric car battery in a virtual device.
Homey has the capability of ‘measure_battery’ but I cannot find it in the Virtual Device library.
Is that correct or am I missing something?

Thanks Roy. I am using this app but can not find a virtual device in its library with the battery capability (in percentage). That’s why I am looking for a way to have a virtual device with this capability.

Yes I did. :slight_smile: I know and use the app. In the app are a lot of sensors with a lot of capabilities. But I haven’t found the ‘measure_battery’ capabilty unfortunately.

I have a Virtual Device Motion sensor that I cant get to work.
I got this message from my Mosquitto server when the ESP reacts on motion:
It comes into Mosqitto as 1 or 0
I then use a function to let 1=true and 0=false and into boolean format.
Then node-red publish into this.
esp-lekrum/movement/yorn true
But now its in string format.
So when I do my flow in Homey it dont update the sensor, probaly because “true” is in string format??
If I have read right here the text should be alarm_motion as text in boolean format.

Today I received the first time a notice in homey for virtual devices “this type of device might not be supported in the future”. Anyone here any idea why? And what this means for all the nice multi modes we’re using?

Is it related to the removal of adding new multi modes?

BR, Tom

Any chance to get it working again in the future? :slight_smile:
I’d love to add at least another two multi modes… :grin:

Helo all. Sorry for asking this but can you give some examples on the benefits of VD ? I have read through some of the post but I just can’t figure out the usage of VD.

Two ways I use it:

1. I have a “dumb” ceiling fan that works via infrared remote. Using a Broadlink RM Pro+ connected to Homey, I can send these infrared commands. I made a VD called “Ceiling fan” and linked it to flows (ceiling fan VD turns on, send the “on” command) so that it mimics a smart device.

2. I use Google Homes throughout the house, but Google Assistant can’t directly trigger Homey flows. Homey’s virtual devices CAN controlled via Google Home, though. This means I can tell Google something like, “hey Google, turn on sleep mode” and in Homey use a flow like “sleep mode turns on -> everybody is marked as asleep.” Or “certain virtual device turns on -> run a specific flow.”

Thanks for sharing. Number 2 sounds useful and I will try it. But for number 1 , why not simply create a device under broadlink itself? For example I create a separate sensibo device to control my 3 rooms air con. Why must you go through VD ?

@MrTomTom: I’ve given up on a fix, which is also why I turned off adding new multi-modes. Your message is indeed because of that but don’t worry, I won’t remove it from the app.