[APP][Pro] Virtual Devices - Virtual Devices to simulate 1 or more real devices

flaticon.com

Also make sure you pick the black and white ones, other colors seem to have issues in Homey

Is it possible to add the capability alarm_water to the sensor device?
I want to make a virtual flood sensor, but this capability is missing.
thx in advance

How can i change the value of a virtual camera ?
For motion for exemple ?
Thanks.

Hi, I even didnā€™t know a virtual cam existed :crazy_face:
Set the motion alarm:

Reset the motion alarm:

Trigger for virtual motion alarm:

Here you can find the capabilities of your devices

Perfect !!!

Thank you Lord of Homey ! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I need some helpā€¦ :frowning:

I have curtains that I control via infrared (via harmony hub).

Now I have created a virtual device with which I can control the curtains

Device on. curtains closed
Device off.
Curtains open

I already made this device when virtual devices could not use so many different classes.

I also use google home and now have to say curtains on / off.

I prefer to say curtains open/close.

So I created a new virtual device with the class curtains.

My button on the curtains works within homey, only google knows does not find this device.
How can I solve this so that I can just say: Curtains open/close

Create a routine in Ghome, and make sure it listens to: hey doodle, open curtain X.
Then let that routine trigger your curtain button .off on Homey and the other way round for ā€œcloseā€

1 Like

Question, Iā€™ve a rollershutter which doesnā€™t provide the exact position, or to be more precise, it only provides going down, going up, inactive, bottom & top. So the intermediate position is missing. Are there any tipps how to display and use the position of a rollershutter VD? The issue is mainly on the positioning screen, e.g. if I choose 20% I donā€™t know what to do but itā€™s choosable in the app. Thatā€™s strange from UI point of view and nobody understand that you have to choose either 100% or 0% and anything else is forbidden. However the position (top/down) is helpful as you know where the rollershuter stands, even tough the intermediate states are missing. Thatā€™s the reason why I want to display them.

EDIT: so at the end, is it somehow possible to have a limited positioning screen? I only need Top/Down/50% (which stands for somewhere in between 100 & 0%). Ah and optionally a information that the rollershutter is running would be great to :slight_smile: , but thatā€™s really optional.

Hi.
Is it possible to create a virtual sensor device and add multiple temperature readings in it?
I want one virtual device on my home screen with temperature readings for multiple rooms.

Unfortunately that is not possible. You have to create a separate virtual device for each room. You can only summarize several temperatures (App ā€œgroupsā€) and, for example, display the average temperature.

Not with 3 x the word ā€˜Temperatureā€™
Then it is possible, for the web app only (big tile view)
I created a virtual sensor, and selected Temperature, Humidity(luchtvochtigheid) and Windgust angle (Windstoot richting).
Why those? They have the least ā€˜strangeā€™ extension compared to Ā°C, and they can display a ā€œstandardā€ temperature range.

So, from top to bottom you see the temperature of my:
-Fridge
-Freezer
-Kitchen

3 Flows for setting each individual temperature:

Thanks! Thatā€™s smart, and one way to do it :slight_smile:
But to get the wife and kids to understand the difference between temperature in room 1 and 2 is maybe not so easy in 1-2 months ahead :smiley:

1 Like

Haha, thanks. I just thought, you could rename the device as [Room1 Room2 Room3] for instance, and display them from top to bottom.
fridgfreezkitchen
But the km/h indicator should go :rofl:
But I get your point. Maybe Arjan, the dev, can add sensor ā€˜Temperature2ā€™ and ā€˜Temperature3ā€™ one day. :upside_down_face:

Yeah that would be nice :smiley: While waiting :crossed_fingers:, Iā€™ll use your setupā€¦ Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Youā€™re very welcome, Mats. I liked this puzzle!

Hello, to my experience in these days you can only add that devicesā€¦ no ways

First i am really happy with this app.
Now i have added a new device with volume options.
How can i make i flow that send de volume options to a ir blaster?

Using a volume slider is kinda possible, but wonā€™t work very well imho. It sends only 1 command at a time, which is: step up (or down) to the IR blaster.
For a Tuya wifi2IR unit, Iā€™ve created a Vol+ and a Vol- virtual knob to control my receiver

Dashboard:
yamaha IR

I want to use these buttons.

Maybe you can re-use the flow I created long time ago to build a volumebutton for my chromecast

1 Like