[APP][Pro] Virtual Devices - Virtual Devices to simulate 1 or more real devices

Are you sure about this? The flow does work when the color gets changed manually.
The only thing is different is that the color gets changed by a flow vs manual change

I’ll try to simulate it.

Could it be it only works when the light was originally off and turned on internally because of the new color, and not when the light is already on and then changed? Because when the light is already on, the on state isn’t changed by the new color.

Hi Edwin,
My original flow is triggered by “Pressed / changed (Ingedrukt / veranderd)”.
Only temporarily changed it to “Switched on” per Peter’s suggestion :slight_smile:

Fun note:
If I change one flow to be triggered on “When switched on” and add an Off + On command after changing the color, it does work. Bit ugly though :sweat_smile:

But the question is: what capability is “pressed changed” linked to. the hue capability has no default trigger/condition cards afaik. So it might still only listen to on/off kind changes.

This is probably also why the workaround helps.

I have no idea!
The only thing I know is that if I manually change a color in the device’s color wheel, the flow gets triggered.

Hmm…
Once I trigger on “when pressed/change” and change the color saturation (not color), the flow does get triggered… So why does it trigger on color saturation changes, but not (normal) color changes?

PS: Really appreciate all the help!

Only this works (if the color is changed by a flow, not manual)

Lamp stays on and color gets changed

Trigger a random color

Change color to new random color.

Thanks for giving it a try.
So in your case it only works with a flow, in my case only manually…

What will be the key to make it work in both scenarios… :thinking:

:laughing:
I cloned my flow nr. 2 and set the virtual device as trigger, and removed the “start a flow” card from the “when” section
(I don’t have hue, so I had to round the zillion decimals :see_no_evil:)

When I pick a color by hand, the light color changes.

Hi guys, sorry to spam, but not sure if the above replies are to my post (this forum is new to me, so not sure how replies work).

Anyway, I’ve been trying to set the color of two Hue lamps together, using a virtual device light with Hue capabilities, but can’t figure out how to use the ‘choose color function’ of my virtual device with other (real) devices?

In my experience that message pops up when you don’t act within 30secs.
It’s a default time-out setting.

The problem is instant, add device, choose svg and immediately i get this error

That’s weird.
I was thinking it could be a faulty .svg maybe.
Does the same error occur when you pick an .svg you used before on a VDevice?

i have no idea, i downloaded the svp, i have no option to open svg files, my pc does not reqonised the extension.

The svg itself is correctly displayed when chosen in the VD app, so i think the svg is OK.

I also have no idea where to get .svg files, it would be easier if .png could be used as icons…

Oh, okay. .svg files are dynamically sizable, .png is not. That’s probably the reason .svg is selected as icon type.

If the .svg is displayed correctly, that shouldn’t be the issue. Did you restart the app alr? Could help.

Here you can find lots of valid .svg icons, and view them.

If you use a Windows PC, to view .svg files you can use Irfanview (freeware, no ads) with the svg plugin.
https://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm

Or open them in Chrome

1 Like

Or make them yourself. Even got one of the building we live in. There are plenty of websites where you can convert your images to .svg online

Screenshot_20210603-150529