[APP][Pro] Virtual Devices - Virtual Devices to simulate 1 or more real devices

it is triggered by both, needs to be target_temperature capability and thermostat class or it will not show up.

Such a shame

Have you already tried it with device class = other?

I have not, but knowing how Homey has worked for several years now, I won’t give it a big chance, but even if the class is “other” and it works, the range is still bound to the mandatory capability, not the class, the showing in the tile is most likely bound to having them both. (capability and class)

I‘ve just seen that the Dev has redefined the target_temperature capabap and set the max lvl to 50.
That‘s how I got the idea.

Would that mean that it is also possible to redefine the min. temperature to 0 or better to -5 ?
And if so, how is the syntax for that?

imo yes.
See above the code snippet I posted.
Will test it when I get home

1 Like

The limit in capab is normally 35, the dev raised it to 50 and I can set it to 50.
So yes, it‘s possible. I checked it.

Great that it works, but my question was, if it is possible to change the minimum value, that is now ‘4’ , can this be changed to ‘0’ or to ‘-5’ in the same way? Thanks for testing.

It should be possible in both ways. I‘ll try it later

1 Like

I can confirm that it works with different min/max values. But just with 0.5 steps

wow, did you actually solve it? HOW ???

I can live with 0.5 degrees difference

That‘s not a real solution, just a workaround.
The Dev set these tresholds for a good reason.

Normally this device should be used as thermostat and when you set strange values (negative is one of that strange values) you‘ll have problems controlling real Thermostats, since the size of the steering wheel remains the same:)

But how did you do it? :slight_smile:

Use at your own risk. I don’t take any responsibility.
If you’re not familiar with such stuff, don’t do it!!

And here’s the Homeyscript Code, which rounds the temperature value to the next 0.5 and passes it to a device of your choice.

seems spooky…
If done something wrong in there, would a reset of homey restore the error?

The rounding of temperatures, could you also make that smaller then 0.5 ?

@Caseda
I just checked the code.
The class in the Virtual Device app seems always “other”.
And it’s possible to redefine athoms default classes.

@CB83
If you have such questions, then please don’t try it.

A boy needs to grow up and be a man some day.

Will it be restored after a reset?
My guess is yes.

Reading now how to use homeyscript

@CB83
The first change/insert has to be done in the following file, NOT in homeyscript:-)
/virtual-devices-master/drivers/virtual_switch/driver.js