[APP][Pro] Virtual Devices - Virtual Devices to simulate 1 or more real devices

Ah, now I see what you’d like.
A sensor, in this case Luminance, and its device tile should be capable to switch on / off by pressing it.
OR
A virtual light device, with a pre-selectable sensor function in it, so you could feed a Luminance value to it.
Only Arjan can say if this is even possible.

What I want is a virtual device that is visible on or off with a luminance value.
I hope Arjan can make this happen.

Thanks for thinking with me.

1 Like

about your flow, this works:

I always make a temporary notification with the value which is feeded to the virtual sensor.

I have multiple flows for several virtual devices running without any problems.
Only today I got the idea to combine them with light switches.
Thanks.

I’m on Homey Bridge. Coming from the Zipato ecosystem. Right now I’m missing Virtual Devices, like switches etc in Homey. Are you planning to make an Bridge version available?

Workaround for the cloud/bridge:

1 Like

Great solution

Hi! Thanks for a great app! Would it be possible to implement an option to switch icons for the virtual devices?

Do you mean the icon of the virtual device?
Hold the icon, click right upper corner - settings, change icon, change the icon and save it.

Would it possible to allow target_temperature to have decimal values? It now doesn’t seem to accept values like 36.5. Even the half degree steps would be enough.
I have a flow that takes target temperature from an other device, then subtract 1.5 from it to have a new target_temperature to be set in a virtual device. Now when values is xx.5 that gets rejected and the flow fails.

Did you try the calculation of @Peter_Kawa ,sep 21? In this topic…

1 Like

Rounding the value does not help, since it is then in full degrees, and not degrees with decimal. It actually is a big difference in my use case the half degree.

Why don’t you even try first, @OH2TH
This really rounds the input and outputs it in 0.5 steps:

This f.i. rounds to 1 decimal:
{{round([variable] ,1)}}

Or, round to 2 decimals:
{{round([variable] ,2))}}

I have the rounding and the value is what is expected, the issue is that the virtual device’s target_temperature does not accept it. It says:

Which says, that the valu must be in 1 degree steps. Where can I set stepping to 0.5 instead of 1?

That’s unfortunately only settable when creating a virtual thermostat.
So the best you can do is to rename the current virtual device to …-OLD or something, and create a new replacement virtual device for it, and replace it where necessary in your flows and such.

Ah indeed it is there. Need to rethink the setup then. Thanks

1 Like

Is there a replacement for the multi-mode device ?

Is there a replacement for the multi-mode device ?

TL;DR not in the VD app and otherwise also not that I know of

When Homey moved to V2, some parts of the Multi-Mode was no longer working. I didn’t find a solution, so I disabled adding new Multi-Modes since then.

Hello,
I would like to make a virtual device that can display the same type of variables several times, in order to have a return in one box of several variables or sensors, and if possible to be able to put a personal name.

tuile

Thank you.

I was trying to create virtual devices, fridge freezer for example, devices that aren’t smart or connected but that do use power and have an approximate value of power use. Can’t figure out how to add a power value