[APP][Pro] Telegram Notifications

Yes, both me, my wife and a guest have been created.

They have also to contact the bot, since it has to know the user id :slight_smile:

Edit: I will edit the instructions to make it more clear. Each User has to write the bot the /start command and register. To find the bot you can enter the bot name into the search of Telegram or share the bot via profile

Yeah, found it out now. I was still working in the botfather.

Somehow the part about starting the bot from the link in the message created by the botfather was not clear to me.

Ah, so it has nothing to do with Homey users (user accounts), but with Telegram users :grimacing:.

And FYI the Test version receiving msgs works fine

Glad to hear, if u have any questions or feedback, let me know!

Thank you for testing :slight_smile: I hope I get the approval from Athom soon for the test version.

1 Like

Would it be possible to ‘answer’ a question from a flow with yes or no and decide the continuation of the flow based on that answer, with the receiving message functionality coming in 1.0.3?

It would be possible when splitting the flow in 2 flows.
The first flow sends the question, the second flow triggers the flow by ‘message received’ , dependent on the answer (and user).

You mean like you send a question (e.g. Would you like to close the blinds?) to a chat and answer it with Yes or No?
With the with the version 1.0.3, technically yes. But you would have to store the last asked question in a variable. And check with “A message received” the answer.

I could implement that functionality inside the app. Once I have so free time for that and I have a test version I’ll let you know.

You always beat me with 1m :smiley:
And you could that in one flow with adv. flow :slight_smile:

Sorry 'bout that hehe.

Updated the test version to 1.0.5.
Just little minor changes. Most visible is a german translation and updated setup instructions.

Update ist out for everyone.

The live version updated to 1.0.5 this morning, but now I can not see any users anymore. Eventhough the bot tells me I’m already in the user list.

I have tried to:
Clear users (user id was visible but no names (if I remember correctly they showed as undefined))
Restart app
De + Re install app
Configure app with correct token
Restart app

Still the user list is empty

So I deleted the bot from Telegram, Created a new one.
Registered my user, now it works again.
But the naming convention is shown differently

That’s my bad! I didn’t though of that. I changed the internal saving, since 1.0.5 support group chats and superchats now (Group chats with permissions). It should have been enough to clear the users and do /start again on the Telegram chat.
Thank you for letting me know!

Yes I changed the naming from the Telegram username to the first name and as backup the username.

Would I be able to help you create a Dutch translation?

1 Like

I send you a PM :slight_smile:

Hi.

If I understand the mechanism correctly, it would be possible for any Telegram user to add my bot, if he can guess the correct name. And thereby I would not be notified.

If this assumption is correct, would it be possible to let Telegram Notification have a ‘When’ card ‘A new user has been discovered’?

best regards,
Twan

1 Like

Yes, that’s true.
I was thinking about to add a “password” to the /start command, but at the end I was against it. Since you have to choose a user at the flow.

I can add that :slight_smile:

Check out the test version :slight_smile:

v1.0.9

• Added ‘A new user/chat has been discovered’ flow card
  • Added support for a password for the /start command
3 Likes

Hi, even Telegram Bot works for me, the reason it hasn’t been updated for such a long time and as it reports me some error about ‘reading slice’, I decided to try out Telegram Notifications but now I see it can’t send picture - do you plan to implement it please ?

I’ll take a look at it. Should be possible, but not sure how long it will take :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @Sharkys

I just pushed a test version with support to send images.
You just have to enter the URL of the image to the flow card and the rest will do the app.
The Images wont get saved to the Homey.

If you found something missing or not working, don’t be afraid to tell me! :slight_smile:

Best regards.

2 Likes