[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

Hmm, strange it reports the information if it doesn’t support it.

I can’t see ONVIF in the spec for the 542.

Have a look here:
ONVIF

All Reolink cameras and NVRs except for battery-powered cameras, cameras in the NVR kits, E1 and Lumus

Ill try the 542

1 Like

Hello Adrian ! @Adrian_Rockall

the RLC-542WA is working, after overcoming a few hurdles like enabling Onivif in network config and choosing the right motion notification, some app and cam reboots .
It shows motion pics, snapshots and generates motion triggers and alarms on homey with your app

thanks for your app and support!

br Manni

That’s great news, thanks for letting me know.

Hello All,

I have EZVIZ C8C, C3A and CV310 cameras.

I wonder if I can add them to the ONVIF app in Homey? If yes, can you please let me know how (where is the username and password of these cameras since I added them to the EZVIZ app by scanning the QR code)

Thank you all

If they are ONVIF compatible then you will possible find options in the app to enable it and create a password.
I am out at the moment so not able to research those cameras, but will look later and let you know if I find anything useful

Thanks a lot!

I can’t see any mention of ONVIF in the camera specification or on the EZVIZ website so it doesn’t look promising. I think the answer is it is not compatible with the app.

I had the same feeling… i researched from my side too. Thanks anyway…

Hi Folks, I used my camera Techange TA-511SB for several years. The montion function worked without any issue but few months back the montion function stopped. Others functiona are ok and also the setup which was mentioned in this form is Ok. Will you able to help me ?

It would be worth restarting the camera just in case it has got confused. Also, restart the ONVIF app.
Then, could you enable the log as described in the first post of this topic, then enable the motion for the camera in the Homey app, then go back to the log and tap on Send Log.

The log file was sent. Log ID: 2022-09-18T13:50:09.589Z

Everything looks OK in the log. The event is being registered so it should come through. Can you keep the log and the motion enabled and then walk in front of the camera to create an event so we can see if it is picked up?

I’ve just updated log and sent it to you. I can see in the log that snapshot works but when I tried to test montion function nothing was captured. Anyway, montion showed me comulative time when was activated. Log was sent to <5b23e749-96e1-87fb-203b-9b9421598031

I have received your log and a quick look on my phone seems to show events being received. The issue might just be the ONVIF notification type to use setting. I will examine the log more closely later to verify that but maybe you could try different settings to see if it makes it work.

Ok. Just one more comment from my side. The push notification about montion are sucessully triggered via standard app which I’m using for that camera.

It looks to me that montion is permanently activated in your app (sending screen shot) and cannot detect any action (that’s why I was not able to seen anything in log file). Btw, the same result was for official ver. 2.0.12. from setup point of view, I went through this forum and configured device like it was commented here.

If motion was active, the alarm would be showing. The button in your post is how you turn detection on and off and that is in the off state.

In the log i can see both motionalarm and digital input become active.

Sending configuration. Is anything wrong in it ?

Make sure the ONVIF Motion Notification to use is set to MOTIONALARM

Sorry for troubles but that change doesn’t work. Updated log was sent.