[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

I didn’t do anything so just a strange coincidence. Happy it’s working now though.

1 Like

This morning it stopped working again ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Log sent

I can’t see anything wrong in the log, apart from the camera returning Unauthorised.
If you restart the camera does it connect OK for a while?

Still unauthorized

On another topic.

Is there a possibility to take the snapshot and motionsnapshot on the substream instead of the main stream?

Could possibly cut down processing time slightly

The app just uses the URL provided by ONVIF as it has to fetch an image rather than the video stream.

Dear @Adrian_Rockall,

First of all, thanks a lot for your incredible work with this app !

I would like to buy an outdoor camera fully compatible with your app but which is completely wireless (WIfi + solar Panel). Before buying such a new camera I want to be sure that everything will work with your app. Do you know already such a camera ?

If I buy something like this, do you think we can make it working : 360 Degrees Human Movement Detection Surveillance Camera Solar Auto Tracking Wifi Solar Power Sim Card Wireless Ptz Ip Camera - Buy Auto Tracking Solar Powered Ptz Camera,Surveillance Camera Solar,Solar Power Wireless Ptz Ip Camera Product on Alibaba.com ?

Best,
Jérôme

I’m not aware of any camera like that and I can’t see any mention of ONVIF support on the one you have linked to.

It’s written here:

Then it should work in theory, but no guarantees about it’s features via ONVIF.

Hallo Adrian, @Adrian_Rockall

I have a Reolink E1 pro Cam. Ist is connected as onvif Cam. My Problem is that no motion is detected , the Reolink App does, (in tried all 4 Motion configurations) and no snapshot can be generated. Did i buy the wrong Cam?

Thank you for your help!

BR Manni

Can you set the ‘Log Level’ in the Configure App page to ‘Detailed Information’ and the restart the app. Once it has started up, go back to the log and click on Send Log.

Hello Adrian

Log sent
br

1 Like

So the camera is reporting it supports MOTION and pull requests. However I can see the camera is also refusing the request to grab the image.
So you should be able to see motion events but might not get an image.
If you enter the following URL:
http://192.168.0.53/cgi-bin/api.cgi?cmd=onvifSnapPic&channel=0
into a browser, can you see an image?

The Answer is:

192.168.0.53 refused a connection.

and i can´t see motion events

Can you check all the camera settings to see if there is something set that is causing it to refuse connections. Maybe contact Reolink to ask them why it’s refusing connections.
Could you make sure the Event detection is enabled on the first tab of the device, the button with the man walking into the cone.
Also make sure “Prefer Pull Events” is enabled in the Advanced settings.

Event detection
and
Prefer Pull Events

are enabled

With the logging still enabled, could you generate motion events on the camera and then send the log again so I can see if anything is being sent.

Ok i think this is the answer.

Maybe the rlc-542wa will work?

Br
Manni