[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

Could you go to Homey Developer Tools, select the ONVIF app and change the Log Level to Detailed Information. Then restart the app so it gathers all the data from the cameras and go back to the log page to send the data. With so many cameras, the log will probably overflow so I might not be able to see all the information. If possible could you disable all but one camera on the NVR and one directly connected to reduce the amount of data. You can disable each camera in the Homey app by looking at the Settings (gear in the top right corner of you images).
You might also find that a different setting for ā€œONVIF Motion Notification to useā€ will allow you capture motion .

Well, I followed the steps and restarted the app to discover all cameras connected to the nvr started to show the motion sensor trigger, everything works fine now!
Also I tested one camera to switch the lights if theres a motion, worked fineā€¦ kept it for 1 hour then i canceled the flow coz it senses the trees ranches movement i guess! So the lights would be on all the time if this the case.

1 Like

I can confirm that the app is working great with UNV nvr model NVR304-32EP-B and all cameras with model numbers IPC2124SR3-DPF36 + IPC322SR3-DVSPF28-B + IPC2328SBR5-DPZ. Everything seems to be working just as expected. I have set the motion sensitivity on the nvr settings to 42% for all cameras, last time when i said it catches almost every movement it was set on 90%, now i using the motion sensors on all cameras around my villa to switch on the lights on particular area for 2 minutes between 23:01 to 05:00.

uniview website: https://global.uniview.com/

1 Like

Hello!!

Thanks for your work.

Imou cell 2 is not working!

Thanks

In what way does it fail?
Is there anything you would like me to look at?

1 Like

David, the cam has to support the Onvif protocol. I searched this site (imoulife.com/en/search?keyword=Onvif&type=All), but canā€™t find one indication.

Hello Adrian,
I have a socket hanged out error or a timed out message since 13/07/22.
When I reboot my camera it works for 1 snapshot (last motion picture still there) but same errors comes againšŸ¤—ā€¦
What can I do?
Thank you!
Here is my diagnosis report number:
c1bc93d1-ae4c-4be4-9191-7cf412597f04

Ps: motion detection still works, but without picture.

Has the cameraā€™s firmware updated?
If rebooting the camera fixes it then likely to be an issue with the camera.
Looking at the diagnostic log ,it seems the camera stops responding to network requests.
I can see an alarm message in the log for storage, could the SD card be full or faulty?

Thank you for your rapid answer.
Without any action it start working againšŸ¤—.

No firmware update, but the Sd card was full .
Thanks again for your reactivityšŸ™!

1 Like

hello homey friends,

i have a ptz camera, i have 2 doors in my shed and i want the camera to rotate to the door that opens.

Is it possible to make a function like this in the app by the developer? or can this be done in another way by myself?

The app doesnā€™t support the PTZ functions as I donā€™t have any cameras with it, so no way to test it.

Hello Adrian,

I just started peaking into the world of PoE, ONVIF and so on so I might miss something.

I stumbled onto your app and dived into it straight away as it seem to fill one of my biggest gripes with Reolink, missing snapshots in notification!

I managed to install the app and connect my RLC-811A without any bigger issues after some research.
I got my motion snapshot flow working nicely with notifications.

But, if I leave my RLC-811A on Motion (ismotion) I get a notification for EVERYTHING, drove me crazy and I had to turn it off.

My question, can it send only when the camera detects motion in the Detection zone setup in the camera? Or when the camera detects humans or cars within the detection zone?
Iā€™v tried the other Motion Notification to use but couldnā€™t get it to work, might have to restart some devices?

It depends on what ONVIF features the camera supports. If you open the Apps - ONVIF - configure app and set the log level to Full Information, then trigger the motion detection in the defined zone. If the camera supports the feature then you should see the message come from the camera.
If you then tap on Send Log i will get a copy and can take a look to see which setting might work.

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for assisting me.

Do I need to enter any specific ā€œONVIF Motion Notification to useā€?

If you use a setting that works for now, then any motion events should be reported.

A log has been sent :blush:

I have the log but Iā€™m not seeing any actual motion events, only subscription renewals. Did you walk past the camera to trigger an event while the log was enabled?

Cleared the log and sent a new

1 Like

The new log has the motion events but only ā€œtns1:RuleEngine/CellMotionDetector/Motionā€ is being sent.
That is the generic event so will trigger on any motion in front of the camera (as you have said).

If you can check all the camera settings to see if you can enable anything else, then you will probably need to look for the ā€œRuleEngine/FieldDetector/ObjectsInside:IsInsideā€ message in the log.

I have a couple of cameras that support the human detection feature for there own use but do not send a specific event for it.
My HIKVISION camera supports the zone option and it reports ā€œRuleEngine/FieldDetector/ObjectsInside:IsInsideā€ event.