[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

i just send the detailed log, it is a small log…

Ok, I can see it is getting the date and services OK, but then failed getting the startup information. I will look when I get home to see what calls are made in that section.

thx!

There are 2 calls in callUpstartFunctions, one gets the profiles and the other get the sources. Both are using the media service but I can’t see which one is failing. The returned error, ‘ECONNRESET’, indicates the camera has terminated the call for some reason.
You could try the highest log level, Full Information, too see if that shows anything more.

Do you have a web link to the camera so I can look at the spec, etc?

i just send the log with full information.

The camera does not have a web interface (i could not find any), it can only configured using an app or desktop application.
More details regarding the camera:

I can setup a link to the camera, but as mentioned i cannot find any web interface to the camera, the default web ports (80, 443) do not work, i did a port scan and did not detect any web ports

I have published a new test version. The calls in upstart were being made asynchronously and I wonder if the camera is not capable of processing two simultaneous request. So this version make the calls synchronously to see if that helps.

I installed the test version and re-added the device and send your a detailed log.

Sadly it had no effect on the problem, the device is discovered, it can login and is added and after that it errors with the red triangle with the message that the device is unavailable.

As said i cleared the log and then started to add the device, so it s a clean up to date log which was send.

The strange thing is, when you try a repair then Homey receives a connection error

When browsing the log it errors on:
http://192.168.1.120:8899/onvif/device_service
A other camera als use a simular link: http://192.168.1.94:888/onvif/device_service

When i visit the link in the browser then on the other camera (94:888) i get a respond on that link, but when i visit the link of the camera 120:8899 then the browser answers: The connection was reinitialized

Does this help, this is what HA reports:
There were no H264 streams available. Check the profile configuration on your device.

The camera uses a H265 instead of H264 stream

That is the ECONNRESET error that the Homey app is getting.

Also the Homey app doesn’t use the stream so that shouldn’t becan issue.

The log does seem to get further now it ignores the error, but I think the last entry could be caused by the missing information.
I will have a close look later to see if I have any other ideas.

did you discover anything?
I currently removed the device because it is not working, i can re-add it if needed.
If it cannot be solved then it is bad luck for me…

I haven’t had any further ideas yet but I keep going back to it. I also have a strange issue with one of my other apps, so I am alternating between the two.

I have published a new version that fixes an issue caused by the camera returning a numerical version number instead of a string.
I found the issue after studying a log but I can’t remember where the log came from so, it might not fix your issue.

i updated the test version to 2.0.15
The camera does not error anymore, but sadly there is no snapshot/picture shown…
The camera does report in settings a snapshot url, but this seems not to work.

I think i give it up, luckily i got the camera working via my synology nas

Could you send the log after trying to refresh the image so I can see why that fails.
As it is getting closer now it would seem a shame to give up.

@Adrian_Rockall i just send 2 logs

Ok, so the error message is “internal server error” so I don’t know how to fix that one. Maybe you could contact the manufacturer and ask them why fetching the snapshot image causes that?

the manufacturer is unknown, is bought via alixpress, support non existing…
Last time i asked them for support on onvif, the answered i could send the device back if it no met my expectations…

Better i delete the device and use it via my synology nas

I hate being beaten but I think I have to admit defeat on this one.

something else.

I removed the device from Homey yesterday, then ALIexpress seller asked me something and i wanted to answer. I re-added the device today and i wanted to send them the error from the log.

I noticed that the error whats the app was reporting was from yesterday!
In the settings menu where the log is listed the log was running but with settings from the removed camera of yesterday… (i was playing yesterday with the snapshot url)
I noticed that the error listed the old snapshot url, but not the new added camera…
(i only have 1 onvif camera added)

So it seems the log part does cache or the settings are not updated well, only after i restarted the app in homey i got the log showing the url what the camera settings also shows…

Dunno if this is a ‘bug’ in the app but wanted to report it.

Alixpress seller has no clue what they are talking about, i asked them the snapshot url and why it errors, i get an answer back whats the onvif port is and what the rtsp stream is… As menionted earlier, the support sucks, i have also no hope it wil be fixed, lucky the camera works also via my synology nas…

Hi, I try an Avigilon Camera, type: 3.0C-H4SL-D1-IR.
The sanpshot works, but I can’t get the motion detection to work, I getting the errors below, every time motion detection activates in the camera

Could make sure the log is enabled (blue tick) then trigger motion and then tap on the Send log button.