[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour [Feature Requests]

v4.7.2 is ready for testing: Power by the Hour | Homey

• Added fixed costs per hour/day/month for summarizer.

@Albin_Hultgren @Dijker can you please test?

2 Likes

Sounds perfect! I’ve downloaded the current test version and added my monthly and daily cost.

1 Like

Looks good, now finding all costs that they put in to calculate next month the difference for a contact at fe ANWB / Tibber vs a monthly / fixed price. :wink:
Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes it works! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got the daily fixed amount added at midnight. :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

I added it to the list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t how I did it but before I was able to add several “energy summer” on same “power meter” but no I not manage to that?
Should it not be possibel?
I can make it work by use a “virtual meter” so no big problem.

/Albin

Yes, I added using the same device for multiple summarizers last week.

Okay, then I have some fault because my energy devices is not in the selectable list after the have been added once?

Mmh indeed. I have the same. Will investigate. Thx!

2 Likes

Dear all in the dev team, what an amazing job you are doing here with PBTH. Thank you so much! :heart::heart::heart:

Now to the issue I can’t seem to resolve, probably because of my own incompetence.

Since your update introducing the ability to add extra summarizers I would really like to be able to measure e.g. the total energy of several individual devices.

I just installed four different groups of facade lighting on my house and now want to track the energy data for them. (Controlled by fibaro z-wave dimmers with built in energy meters)

I’ve tried a virtual meter and then pushing the energy data from each dimmer via a flow but it seems the energy summarizer only saves the last device to send its data.

Is this already possible to achieve and Im just doing it wrong?

To summarize my need:

1. Be able to choose several individual devices to record energy data from.

2. In addition to 1 above: to include all energy measuring devices in the zone where the PBTH-meter is added with option to include parent- and/or sub-zone

Once again, big thanks for this app! :muscle::heart_eyes::+1::pray::house_with_garden::zap:

Best regards,
/Rikard

Hi Rikard, afaik this can easily be done with a < group > app device as in-between. It can group devices with matching capabilities and it sums the values without flows.
When you add a group app device, and select ‘power’ as matching capability, you’ll be able to select your individual power devices.

Now, you can add a power summarizer, and select the group device as input.

As example, I added the “1.Growatt”, another 2 Growatts (not in screenshot) and “4.SlimMeter” power sensors to a group device called “3.Power devices.”
Then the summarizer “3.Power devices” shows the total power of the grouped devices:

2 Likes

:rofl:

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs:

Groups app is indeed the way to go for you. Or alternatively update the virtual PBTH device with a flow where you update it with the kWh sum of all devices.

3 Likes

I added it to the list

@jeehaa I will put your request on the list

request: add all day ahead gas prices from powernext: Spot market data | Powernext

This is now fixed in version 4.7.6

feature request: handle Daylight Savings Time (DST) when clock moves forward. (Note: DST handling when clock moves backwards is already implemented in v4.7.6)

Hi @JeeHaa I am testing now with adding Homey Energy as source. You can add the totals for

• Solar Panels
  • Smart Meters
  • other devices

as seen in the Homey Energy tab in the mobile app. I will let you know when I have a test version ready for you somewhere this week probably.

Cool, thanks! Do you mean it can use the total consumption for “Home” as configured in “Homey Energy”? So including calculations for virtual On/Off devices and dimmable devices (e.g. 8W bulb at 50% = 4W)?

I just want to compensate for some unmonitored devices by creating a virtual device with an estimated daily average consumption, maybe measured for a few days of typical use. want to risk connecting a freezer to a smart plug and finding out during a holiday that the plug died. :wink: