[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour [Feature Requests]

Hi Gruijter, I like to make a flow where I can tell via a push notification to my household when it is the cheapest time to charge (bicycles, car and run dishwasher). this can be spread throughout the day. Like to have something like. User XYZ the best (cheapest time) to run your equipment in the next x hours is the following order : 23:00 16:00 2:00 3:00 1:00 ect. (in this example 23:00 cheapest and then increasing)
Any suggestion how to create something like this making use of your app.

Br Mark

I can do that, but it means that all power devices will always show up during pair. Even the ones you already added. Is anyone against implementing this? Then let us know, otherwise I will put this on the todo list

Yes, is the same as #2. Will put it on the list.

This is the current functionality already. Or do you mean something else?

This you can already do now using a flow to set day/night tariff.

This is indeed a pretty complex one. I will not put it on the todo list yet. Maybe when I get to start working on the Sessy app I will reconsider. Sessy thuisbatterij - wie heeft interesse in een App?

1 Like

I fully understand your request. But creating configurable push messages in a user friendly way is not easy in Homey, and I am struggling with how to do that.

What I do myself is send a whatsapp message to myself and my wife when a cheap hour starts. Also Homey then says: ‘It is now a good time to start the washing machine @ xx euro/kWh’

Secondly, I send a whatsapp message to myself whenever Homey receives new tariffs. I created a flowcard especially for that. It will give you all tariffs for the day, startting at 0hrs. It is not very user friendly, but at least I can see all tariffs of the day by opening the message.

I might create tariff update groups. So that from the DAP device you can select which Summarizer group to update. And in the summarizer you should then also be able to select which tariff group to use. Or would that be too complex to setup as a user?

1 Like
2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)

No, for me the upside is way better than the downside

3 Likes

New version is ready with some of the feature requests implemented :partying_face:

v4.6.2: https://homey.app/a/com.gruijter.powerhour/test

• Added ability to add same summarizer multiple times.
  • Added maximum price and hour as capability.
  • Added average price tomorrow as capability.

@Dijker @Peter_Kawa @Toremann @Orodreth This version is especially for you :heart:

2 Likes

Question on #2 : add fixed monthly cost.

I am thinking of doing it this way:
It will be part of the summarizer device, not the DAP device.
In the device settings you can optionally set a fixed amount that is added start of every month, and a fixed amount that is added start of every day.

Would that cover the needs @Dijker @Schenkie @paxus42 ?

2 Likes

I just made a flow like that. Maybe it’s useful to you.
You can import it right away using the Device Capabilities app settings “Templates” section:

Flow impression:

1 Like

v4.7.0 is ready: https://homey.app/a/com.gruijter.powerhour/test

• Added ability to add same summarizer multiple times.
  • Added maximum price and hour as capability.
  • Added min/max/average price tomorrow as capability.
  • Fix currency migration.
1 Like

Really looking forward for this. Then I can continuesly compare my electrical cost with, how it would be if I choose(d) flexible price - at least I assume that I can do this with this feature! :wink:

1 Like

Am i missing something? I’m not able to update one device with high/low tarifs and the other one with DAP tarifs. What am i missing?

This will be possible once I implement #13 tariff groups

2 Likes

v4.7.1 is ready for testing: Power by the Hour | Homey

• Added tariff update groups.

This implements #13 tariff groups. So now in your flows and DAP devices you can set for which group you want to update the tariff. In the summarizer devices you can set which group it belongs to.
@Walter_vande_kerkhof @Ronni

I have done my best to make migration work automatically without breaking existing tariff updates via a DAP device or via a flow. I hope I was able to tackle all the possible use scenario’s. But when updating to this version please check if the tariff update you had setup before is still working correctly.

Works like a charm, no update-issues over here. Will test DAP later

1 Like