[APP][Pro] Norwegian Electricity Bill (Strømregning)

From where does this app fetch the prices? Nordpool seems to want a lot of money for API access, and scraping isn’t allowed, so I guess it isn’t from Nordpool. Entso-E has a free API, but prices needs to be converted to NOK, so fetching the current rate NOK/EUR is also necessary.

This is a really useful app, and I hope it will stay around and continue working indefinitely. :slight_smile:

I’ve been using the new functionality of updating with energy instead of power, and it seems to work fine. I’ve been testing with two Strømregning-devices, one being fed power values and one being fed energy (source device supports both), and the one getting power values seems to accumulate slightly higher numbers than the one receiving energy measurements. The difference isn’t large though (around 5% in my test).

1 Like

What is the advantages with update with energy (kWh) instead of power (W) ?

For some devices using energy (kWh) might be better, if power (W) is not reported by the device regularly.

1 Like

@balmli
Would it be possible to show my actual average price for the day?
Would be nice to see if I am able to “beat” the marked average price.

@Torbjorn_Melbye I ended upper adding two devices one for spot price one for fixed .

Ok, but the average marked price is different every day. Do you update this every day at midnight?

Edit:
To clarify, I want to see if I can beat the average spot price for the day. Like today, the average spot price is 195 øre, but there are a few hours that drag up the average. So if i use most of my power in the cheaper hours, I should be able to get a lower average. And that is the information I’m interested in.
For instance: I only keep my water heater on the 12 cheapest hours of the day. This should bring my average price down. But it’s hard to calculate how effective it is.

Hei! Tusen takk for strålende app!

Det hadde vært supert om du kunne lagt til en label for gjennomsnittspris gjeldende døgn. Og kanskje en label for strømpris neste time, slik at man kan benytte denne timen til oppvarming, hvis neste er høyere.

(Kanskje også en med laveste og høyeste strømpris dette døgnet?)

Sorry for the Norwegian post. Translation:
It would be really nice if you could add the following labels:

• average price for current day
  • price for next hour, so that you can use this hour for heating.
  • (highest/lowest price this day)
1 Like

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate and help you. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards/categories:

Norsk (Norwegian)

Can the app be used for Denmark also. Is it possible to change the area for electrical prices? thx.

This app is only made for Norwegian spot prices. But, you can use a flow to feed it from any price source, with amount / kWh

Any Price source what do u mens by that?

See Install #5 on the top of this page.

I’m not sure if adding more capabilities is a good idea… Have to think a little about it

I’m updating a “Strømregning”-device with energy from a device that provides this. However, this device apparently reported a spurious energy meter reading that was much lower than real. I don’t know how this could have happened (it’s a Z-wave device), but it totally ruined the stats for costs:

“Strømregning” received this spurious lower energy measurement, and when it went back to normal, the positive difference was calculated as instant consumption. While the spurious reading isn’t Strømregnings fault, my stats are now ruined (which is very annoying).

It is probably best to use power instead, because then these things can’t happen.

Edit: If I export the energy measurements as CSV, there are two erroneous readings recorded by Homey:

I will say that perhaps “Strømregning” should disregard any energy readings that are lower than the current value, effectively filtering out spurious readings like this. Now, there’s of course no guarantee that there will not be spikes going the other way as well, so perhaps best to just stick with power, at least spurious values (if quickly replaced by normal values) isn’t going to ruin the cost calculation.

Thanks for a really useful app.
Is it possible to manually add values to bring cost and energy consumption up to date for monthly and yearly calculations? If not, is that something you might consider implementing?

No, it’s not possible now.

And I’m sorry, but I don’t think that will be implemented :slight_smile:

Hi, i was wondering if it would be possible to add average power usage per hour, per month, and per year? I have a flow for it now but would be great to have it in the app.

Could be interesting to implement automatic update of the grid-prices and also meter stand from the grip operator-API.

kostnad

Pardon me if this has been previousely answered. But Tibber and your app do not agree about the energy cost? They both use the same price, so what can be the hickup?

Can not show the comparison, as I am only allowed to post one embedded image. But Tibbers cost at the same moment was 3,31 kr incl VAT.

Are the energy (kWh) values in Pulse and Strømregning equal ?