[APP][Pro] Heatit Controls app [v3.6.5]

Version info attached, looks like 0.12. It’s unmodified from new - I don’t know if it can be upgraded using Homey…?

No, not possible.

Hi i have two Z-TRM2fx thermostat one with firmware 3.4 and another with firmware 3.6
the one with 3.6 are not updating temperature, effect etc, to get updated information on this i need to restart the app, and then i recieve updated data on this. both are included non secure. change setpoint, modus is working fine. is it the updated FW that makes these problems?

with another thermostats i have with FW1.92 i always got error and check the pincode during inclusion. any tips to “hack” this issue?

@HeatitControlsAB Is there any indication that a newer firmware will solve my problems with a) Z-Relay becoming unavailable and b) Z-Relay external temp sensors not working?

How can I upgrade the firmware?
Thanks

Update 23. Dec:
Due to the relay failures I can’t risk it turning permanently off when I’m away for the holidays. So I have disabled flows and in the device configuration set it to “Always on” mode, so Homey is unable to turn it off. I verified this. Still, when it went offline last night, it also turned off the relay! This should not be possible. It’s expensive to have an electrician come and replace it, but I have to consider if I should demand my money back for this relay.

2nd Update 23. Dec:
After the last time the Z-Relay went offline, it is now impossible to add it back to the z-wave network. The inclusion process fails, saying “something went wrong” or some such message, no error code. I have tried power cycling and factory reset several times, no luck. The led lights up and blinks as expected. The inclusion process goes to the point of having two green dots in the app, then the app “thinks” for a while, then fails.

3rd Update 23. Dec:
Nevermind, I got an electrician to rip out the Z-Relay. I’ll contact the dealer for a refund.
Just to not be all negative: The Z-TRM3 keeps working fine!

Hi!

The heater was working really good for a week.
Now is the connection lost, what can I do to fix this issue.

Thanks

So, I,ve spent à LOT of time with my Homey trying to figure out why it won’t work as it should - even with the new app.
Lastly, I resorted to the ”reboot everything” solution and that have me the missing link apparently…
It seems like the themostats themselves freeze up from time to time and for no apparent reason. When cutting power to the one that froze and reconnecting it immediately - it just started working! I repeated for all my bon-communicating heat-it units and it is confirmed.

So, my take is to stop looking at the app. The hardware is at fault here.
Any thoughts on solutions @HeatitControlsAB ?

Hi,

Could you take some screenshots of the association groups on both of these devices and attach them here?
That thermostat is an older version, it’s called the Heatit/Multireg Z-Wave. Shouldn’t be an issue including this device. What’s the distance to the Homey from the thermostat?

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear of you’re issues with this device.
I will forward this to our development team and get them to look into this issue.

Hi,

Which device are we talking about here?
A thing you can do regardless is to reinclude the device and when it asks for the DSK code just type
0 0 0 0 0 instead

Hi,

Just to confirm, these devices were included unsecure?

Hi, I used the z-trm3. I tried this, and the controller is connected. Hopefully this is the solution! Thanks

Hello. I can confirm that my Z-TRM3 works after including them unsecured, ie “00000” when asked to enter code, Otherwise, they only work a few hours with homey

A few days ago all 3 of my 230V smoke detectors started seeing motion when nobody is there.
I’ve stood outside the room and watch as the motion sensor get’s triggered by nothing, so now the lights in the basement are on all day since i got them triggered by motion.
I even tried to replace one of them with an unused one that i’ve had laying around, but it’s the same result.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

I have the same problem as OlavF with FW1.92 when trying to add this older thermostat during inclusion the way to enter pincode never shows… It just goes to the error “check pincode” without any possiblity to enter any pincode.

Hi,

I’ve forwarded this to our development team and we’ll get back to you once we have more information.

Hi,

Could you send a screenshot of the error message you receive?

My homey is set to swedish so all the text is just swedish… :slight_smile:

But this comes a small while after the two green icons are done and after it says its waiting for adding the device…

And it does this without you using the DSK code?

It never gives me any option to input any code… It goes from the screen where you will get the 2 green icons to “Waiting for adding your device” to the screen i sent earlier…

I have also a Z-TRM2fx when it was included earlier today i got the screen for entering the pin… But with my to older thermostats with fw 1.92 it wont show.

I have tried to restart the homey, reset the termostats and restarted power to thermostats…

Any solution to the problem? Or do you want some more logging from my part when i try to include it?