[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

Thanks! Good to know there’s more gear with this option!
I adjusted my post.

So my apologies, I should write:
As far as I know [my message]. Correct me if I’m wrong.
Because I don"t have all the gear and the knowledge of their functionality :wink:

Cheers

Hi and thanks for a great app!
I’m grouping a couple of electrical heaters and noticed that the power consumption reported under Energy in the Homey app doubles as a result. Any ideas on how to avoid that?

Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter, sorry I contacted Athom about this issue but they were unable to help out here.

If we can ever fix this issue I’ll jump on it.

Thanks

Thank you for a quick reply @Jamie!
Maybe it could be a possibility to add an option to register a group as a cumulative energy device? That should (at least in theory :slight_smile:) make the group an energy meter instead of at device that consumes energy.

1 Like

Wow, thanks for that I wasn’t aware that it had been added. I’ll check it out

No problem :slight_smile: Not sure that it works completely as intended though. I have a Shelly 3EM that I have installed in a “sub-zone” in my house and it only reports power consumption on the top-level of my home, not in the zone I expect it to report to…

Cumulative energy meter might still not be what you need. As I read the comment it will then mean the consumption is added to other cumulative meters, such as the P1 meter. I think that is even worse.

I read it like you should be able to have cumulative meters in different “power groups” that I hope is the same as zones. But I might be wrong…

Ahh, I missed the power group part. That may make ll the difference for a Group app :slight_smile:

A few days ago i installed the Group app. I Like the idea.
I have created 2 groups. one group with motion sensors and one group with door/window sensors.

But since then i have had 2 times a invalid signal from the app (And the last was tonight, that was not pleasant :woozy_face:)

The first was that, for some reason, the app was deactivated by homey (Maybe excessive memory usage, I don’t know). But when i reactivated the app i gave an invalid signal of both groups. That was not big issue because my alam was disarmed.
Tonight i had the second issue. My homey was restarted automatically and when it came alive and the Group app was started again it gave again a invalid signal. Now it was a problem because the alarm was ARMED. So i, and i think my neighbors, had a terrible night

Well… You now learned to test first, and if you get the result as expected for 25 times, then enable the sirens.
I think the app you’re looking for is Heimdall: https://store.homey.community/app/com.uc.heimdall
The issue you encountered was known to me, but I just get a notification***, it doesn’t bother me. I never heard of someone arming the alarm with it🙃

***) ( @Jamie ) I have all battery sensors grouped, when the app restarts, or Homey, it reports an almost empty battery, quickly followed by a 'battery is full again" notification:

Device settings:

@Jamie. I want to report an issue, but none of the github.com links are valid:
https://github.com/hive/com.groups/issues

ISSUE: As stated above here, when sensors are grouped, and Homey or < group > app has been restarted, it triggers a sensors alert, followed by an 'all sensors OK" alert

Quote:
eg. Group all your contact sensors and be able to see if any doors or windows have been left open

@Peter_Kawa, Thanx for your comment. I’am a developer so i know how to test. But i also know that not everything works always as planned.
I know heimdal but my alarm is working perfect so i don’t use it. The only thing is that I have a lot of door/window and motion sensors. And since a flow can only have one trigger, a have lots of flows just for that. So i thought i could use the Group app for that.

I understand you were surprised by this issue which doesn’t occur when things just runs fine.
And because a single sensor doesn’t report an alert followed by an “all fine” signal after a app crash or reboot, and the < group > app does as we have discovered.
To me this is a bug, or a feature which can’t be enabled/disabled.

An alternative way is using the native “devices” trigger card…
Then you’ll need just 2 flows.

1. If device type is sensor and ‘sensor type’ is movement alert
  2. If device type is sensor and ‘sensor type’ is contact alert

@Peter_Kawa, the limitation of the ‘All Devices’ card is that it only works with all devices which support a specific trigger (Globaly or in a specific zone)

I don’t get it, b/c this is exactly what Heimdall accomplishes, so you can use one flow for arming your alarm monitoring all your sensors

We don’t understand eachother, so I’ll quit. Nothing personal!
Good luck finding a solution.

1 Like

Is it possible to add changing a group of lights to a (random) color over a period of time…?

Probably yes, you can change the hue for the group of lights.
With the app Chronograph you can create transitions.

And maybe the app called Spline is interesting for you.

To set it to random colours, you can create a logics Var, type string, and enter this as text:
{{round(random(1,100))}}
Everytime you call this variable in an actioncard, it returns a random number between 1 and 100