[APP][Pro] ELKO Smart (deprecated)

Hi
Same problem for me… Does not report energy or effect.
Is there a solution to this? :slight_smile: @prj_84 ?

I’m wondering about the same

Does anyone know how to get the thermostat to measure Effect and energy? i have 5 x Elko smart home super termostat rs16. but seems like the App on homey is outdated.
is the app discontinued or somthing?

App is updated 3 months ago. So don’t think it is outdated.
Version 1.0.10

The app seems to only be able to adjust and display temperature.
effect usage and energy logging is not calculating at all.

so the app might not be outdated, but seems to me that it is not working correctly.
So if anyone have a solution, i would be be werry happy for some help :slight_smile:

Is the SmartStikk supported already? SmartStikk Enkel 16A Plus PH - ELKO proff

The supported devices are on the page of the Elko app. Normally when it is supported it is on that page.
https://homey.app/nl-nl/app/com.elko/ELKO-Smart/

I know, and since I could not find it there, perhaps it is being developed, or that it will work by selecting another existing device?

Sorry, I almost confirmed this to be working. But I was thinking about the smart plug 16A. Seems like the one you asked about is not supported yet.

I just replaced three old thermostats with Elko Super TRs. These thermostats are not connected to a floor thermometer, they just regulate the voltage.

I can easily add the thermostats to Homely, but at random intervals (e.g., daily) the Elko application loses connection with the following error message: “Device is unavailable. Cannot read property ‘maxFloorTemp’ of undefined.” Rebooting the Homey will make them reconnect:

This is quite likely due to the lack of the thermostats being attached to a floor thermometer, perhaps the thermostat is not always sending this information and the app cannot handle that it is missing?

I took a quick peek at Github, and my guess is that it does not correctly handle missing maxFloorTemp in when attributes are returned from ELKOSpecificThermostatCluster.js.

1 Like

Any updates on implementation of SmartPIR anyone?

5 Likes

If you have struggle with unstable connection between Elko ESH RS16 Super TR RF PH and Homey Pro.

My firmware was 1.2.5, and I asked Elko for the latest firmware that is 1.2.6. Updated the thermostat and everything has been working perfect after that.

Before update it disconnected very often after a few seconds.

Having trouble connecting the smartSensor climate. Anyone else?

Hi,
I have around 20 Elko devices - a good mix of ESH316 GLED dimmers and ESH Super TR thermostats. They all work great and the ZigBee network is really stable. However, when I try to add a new battery powered end node from a different brand than Elko (Aqara temperature sensor), the new device only works for a short period of time (few hours). Range is not an issue here, but the new device needs to connect through Elko nodes, and this is where I believe the problem is.

If I add a non-Elko 230v device, close to the Aqara temperature sensor, it all works great, and the sensor routes though this device. But if I only have Elko devices close by, then I see from the developer tools that the new sensor tries to use Elko devices as routers, but this fails after a very short time.

Has anyone else experienced the same (and have a quick fix)? Could this be something with the Elko Homey app that does not allow other devices to use the ZigBee network…?

I need support for SmartPIR too👍

Hope for implementation soon😊

2 Likes

Similar issue here. 3 new Elko Smart termostat ZigBee Plus Super TR RF PH installed without floor sensors today, and the errors prevented Homey from controlling them. Restarted Elko app and then it worked, maybe it will never happen again. But the very reason for buying these regulators is because we don’t have floor sensors, and it will not be easy to get sensors installed either. The app and the regulators seems to be top notch on all other areas (usability and so on)!

Pinging @prj_84

Do you plan to continue to support the Elko application?

Can we do anything to help you fix the error with Smart Termostats?

Update : stable connection to all three regulators (regulator mode). But one serious issue in energy calculation. Every time the regulator is set to 0% (during high price hours), the energy is increasing dramatically (and no actual heating, so it does not use energy).

How did you manage to get stable connections to the regulators?

Hi,

Does anyone else have issues with connections to their Elko light switches after homey update 7.4.1?

After my homey updated three days ago, I lost connection to all my light switches and get connection timeout if I try to control them through Homey.

I have tried to restart the Elko app and the Homey, but I have not had the time yet to remove the connections and reconnect the switches.