[APP][Pro] Easee charger - Small. Smart. Full of power

Saw your diag report but my reply bounced (pretty common problem).
You seem to have set your max charger current to 0. The dynamic charger current is set to the min value of your passed dynamic current value and max charger current. As the docs say, you should ideally never touch the max charger current value.

Hi.
My max charger current is set at 12a. I think that it maybe is a third party app that is causing the problem her.

I had some issues with the Easee charger but also found out that I can’t set states anymore on the charger and need to work with enable / disable.

When I plug in my car it will immediately start charging, what have you done to stop charging when a car is plugged in? Apparently, this flow (based on the electricity rates) doesn’t work anymore:

This is a general “problem” and one we have discussed quite a few times over the past months. Nothing is changed in this version of the app related to this behaviour. Change access of the charger to locked/key only - this will prevent it from charging when you connect the car. Then use turn on/off when you want to start or stop charging.

Enable/disable of the charger using flows is not recommended, it writes to the flash storage of the charger and might wear it out.

1 Like

The device log. Would it be a problem to allow more lines before history is wiped? I guess there is a limit based on number of lines? Piggy adjust the current a lot, I get max 3 hours of history :sweat_smile:

I did add more logging in Piggy itself, you should get the same info there now if you go to the help-menu and click the option Troubleshooting then you can select the Easee charger and get a ton of logs. :slight_smile:

Since I while I have issues with the Easee app, it does work till the token expires after a week or so. I can press “reconnect” and says it’s successful, but I still can’t access the charger.

After reconnecting I get an HTTP 404 error (page doesn’t exists?) for example if I want to start charging (Failed start charging! get ‘/api/commands/chargerID/48/638060822469422000’ failed, HTTP status code ‘404’. Anyone a clue how to fix this?

Deleting and readding the charger works, but in that case I have to replace all my cards in the flows and after a week I have the same issue again.

Do you see an error message that the token is expired, or you relate that to the 404 error?

This is unfortunately a known problem. The action works (start/stop/etc), but the commands API that is executed afterwards to check if the charger accepted the command fails. Easee has done something to the commands API endpoint that the app use and it returns a 404 error. I have tried to contact them but they don’t even reply back. There is a github issue for it, Change state cards fail · Issue #39 · ricott/homey-no.easee · GitHub

1 Like

I have both issues; after a few days it will stop giving status updates to Homey (like voltage and power consumption) and I am unable to control the charger anymore.

I get the 404 errors.
The charging doesnt start.
And I dont have access to the easee charge at the moment because my old phone is lost.

I have easee integrated with my tibber app, and that doesnt seems work so great either.

Is there any workaround when i get control over my ease charger again?

After I got the easee-app configured and fixed my flows it all works with the exeption of the 404-error.

1 Like

Got hold of Easee today and they were quick to apply a fix, we should be back to normal with no 404 errors. I will also issue a new release which will check if we get a 404 and in that case try again.

4 Likes

The summarizer for each prize point seems to be wrong. When changing prize point from for example “Billig” to “Normalt” the power that has been used during “Billig” is added to “Normal”.

I need more context :slight_smile: There are no price calculations in the Easee Homey app.

Haha, sorry. Wrong forum

1 Like

Hi @Richard_B , if I set Max. circuit limit via app (screenshot below - Charging current / Current limits), it equals to Current allocated in the Homey app and it can’t be changed anymore from the Homey (above?) this limit (which is fine I would say). Sometimes I’m using limit in the Easee app to force slow charging but it collide with dynamic power allocation I’m using to prevent overload of the house (via Set dynamic Circuit Current).

Is there some way how to distinguish between max. charge allocation set via app and via Homey app integration ? Using Easee Home charger. Just asking if I’m overlooking something. Thank you

@Richard_B
I would love to get “authenticated” as a trigger.
In my flow I have the possibility to flip a bool to force charge ignoring price.
I would love to flip the bool with the trigger of a tag is read and authenticated on the charger.

Is that available in the Easee api?
Would it be possible to implement?

Not sure I follow, but there are two dynamic current settings; one for the circuit (affects all chargers on the circuit) and one for the charger. You can see all possible limitations in the easee app by clicking on the flash symbol in the red rectangle below.

This will show you the below. The dynamic circuit current can in the Homey app only be changed via a flow. The dynamic charger current can be changed using the slider or a flow. The max charger current is also possible to change via a flow in Homey, but it is not recommended to change this setting regularly.

Access locked in the easee app or authorization required as it is called in the API is a “static” setting. Not sure, but assume there is a property that is changed when a charger is “dynamically unlocked”. Currently, I don’t know which one. If a car is plugged in and the charger is authenticated, then I guess it will start charging immediately?

Thank you, so actually I’m now even more confused, please take a look on the screenshots - as you can see I’m using/changing via the flash icon, it sets the Max circuit limit actually and it corresponds to the “Current allocated” in Homey Easee app - probably my confusion is caused by the fact, that I’m checking Current allocated, while changing Dynamic Circuit current - but why Current allocated is changed via Dynamic Circuit Current as well ? …anyway, I’m going to use Dynamic Circuit Current from now on, that’s probably the way to go, right.

obrazek

Its true.
My case might be a edgecase, but I have a variable (logic) for forced charging. My flow effectively turns of all unintended charging if the price level is below X or the logic for force is set to yes.

In my case a auth with tag on the charger (without any connection to homey) would immediately be blocked and no charging will start.
Therefor it would wanted to be able to flip the forceCharge variable with the trigger of “the charger was authenticated by tag” (or similar)