[APP][Pro] Easee charger - Small. Smart. Full of power

Is there anyone of you that has disconnect problems that can install the app via CLI and thus see output from the app of what goes wrong?
It is a bit messy though since it involves removing the chargers already added. This is due to me using an encryption key to encrypt the Easee account information when stored locally on the Homey, and of course, I don’t want to share that key.

I’ll see if I can put together a basic guide on how to do this and also put that in GitHub.

@Richard_B: I got impatient, and removed and re-added my chargers to try to fix it. That seeems to have worked, but now that I haven’t used the chargers for some days, I can see that there have been no updates to the different information elements for the chargers (like voltage) for days. I know for a fact that the voltage does change a little, so I’d have expected to see updates to that.

It would have been nice if there was a status indicator to show (and to use in a timer flow) whether the Homey app can actually talk to each of the chargers, so that I could detect if it has failed again. When it fails, it messes up the cost calculation which is done with another app that needs to know power draw for the chargers, and that’s very annoying.

Edit: I tried plugging in the car now, and it does update power draw and status for that charger, so it hasn’t failed again.

I so fare have en Equalizer connected, have a charger too, but not connected yet, hopefully it will be up an running in about a week. I have IT grid type and am willing to verify app changes when I have everything connected.

I noticed that someone requested “Would it be possible to have the ”power” summering to be updated every 5 minutes, instead of 1 hour” as a app review, I assume they mean the Lifetime power import wariable.

If my nett provider gets around to change the grid cost to be based on the months max hourly consumption, having the #Lifetime power import wariable updated every 5 min in stead of every hour would be wery usefull.

Is there something I’m missing here or do the app use “date” and not “dateHuman” for setting charge schedules? :smiley: I have to subtract 2 hours from start and stop to get it right when setting a new schedule.

You are trying to use the action called “Create a schedule, charge between start time and end time”?
It works, but the timing is off by 2 hours?

Could be related to Athom changing from the user’s timezone to UTC in the Homey runtime. I’ll have a look into the code and see what I find, won’t have time until the weekend though.

2 Likes

Correct. Before the adjustment of daylight saving it was 1 hours and now it’s 2. Thank you for looking into it.

in the flow sets this in Easee-app:

Hi @Richard_B FYI, following happens several times a week, app restart do solve it, not sure it happens also for others or not

2022-04-11T06:18:25.000Z
Error: timeout
    at ClientRequest.<anonymous> (/node_modules/http.min/index.js:70:16)
    at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:311:20)
    at ClientRequest.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:482:12)
    at TLSSocket.emitRequestTimeout (_http_client.js:714:9)
    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:417:28)
    at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:311:20)
    at TLSSocket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:482:12)
    at TLSSocket.Socket._onTimeout (net.js:478:8)
    at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:549:17)
    at processTimers (internal/timers.js:492:7)

Diag : 485550a5-a56f-412d-bd5d-bec3d0ebfca4

update Hmm, I thought it’s the error with actual time stamp but it’s several hours old…so maybe it’s not related :frowning:

update2 so actually I started receiving actual data from wallbox after restarting the unit

Hi, since 23.4. I’m not getting anymore updates on Voltage readings - can I influence it anyhow ?
Btw I was using version 1.3.1 and switched back to 1.2.9 to see any difference and it seems indeed 1.2.9 is working just fine

Do anyone have a flow suggestion for using power only from solar to charge the car, increase/decrease ampere to keep watt below 0?

Tryied to make a flow, or many flows but not had any sucsess.

I pushed version 1.4.0 to test just now. I have replaced the SignalR protocol with the plain REST API for updating the status of both chargers and equalizers. Charger updates every 30 seconds and the Equalizer every 15 seconds.

Happy to hear feedback from folks that had problems before with disconnects and similar.

1 Like

Released another test version, 1.4.1, which addresses the timezone problem

2 Likes

Thanks. :grinning: It’s working perfectly so far.

1 Like

I can also confirm it works great @Richard_B , also no more “device is not responding” issues, also voltage gets updated correctly, thank you !

Btw I wonder, is anyone using or can share any adv flow on dynamically checking the current house power utilization and dynamically set the charging capacity to lower the total load ? I’m thinking on reworking mine (as I set it to 16A,11A,6A…etc.) , as it’s not ideal but looking for some inspiration to get more granular control (eg. +/- 1 A but not too often etc.). Just in case someone have some good example…

2 Likes

So I’m not sure what has happened, but suddenly for last 15 days I get Voltage not updated anymore, not even during charging. So when Charger is not used, it is reported as Not responding device by Homey (which might be alao used as keep-alive preventive check so that automation works every time).
Anyone else have the same experience? It’s probably due to some change on Easee side, the original app still reports voltage fine. Thx

The app simply sets the values that the Easee API delivers. Maybe Easee disabled some features after their days of downtime a few weeks ago? I can confirm that Voltage also said 15 days since last update for me.

The Homey app reads from Easee cloud, then Easee cloud based on some internal logic controls how frequently the actual physical charger synchronizes its data with their cloud.

This I have not experienced. I have two chargers though.

1 Like

You might be right, because even original app strangely reports same values while real voltage is different…more over seems it’s not updating.

I will contact Easee. Thank you for additional inputs Richard.

I mean standard trigger “A device hasn’t reported for”, maybe you are not using it.

1 Like

They confirmed it has been limited on their side and restrictions were just lifted. Now it gets updated in the app as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have created exactly what you are looking for, but with a Go-e Charger. In my opinion, if the Easee app works as well as the Go-e Charger, you can easily adapt my flows. Have fun!
(Sorry I didn’t see I was responding to a very old post…)

Will this app be available for Homey Bridge in near future?

1 Like

I have a question about “Create schedule”-functionality. When I use the card the time is set as “Delayed start” in Easee-app, not as a schedule. It doesn’t matter if I use Repeat Yes or No. As I see it this only means that the charging will start at a time but not stop. Am I doing wrong?