[Abandoned] deCONZ

The repository is back online: GitHub - MadMonkey87/HomeyCONZ: deCONZ app for Athom Homey smart home controller

So a CLI install should be possible.

1 Like

Yes, I knew that, but since recently Philippe released some updates to the app, I hoped (wished) it was sorted out. But according to the quote of @Le_Cactus apparantly not. That’s too bad!

Fortunately the repro is back online, archived but at least it’s online. I created a copy, just in case.

@MadMonkey really unfortunately you have quitted development for this app, although I fully respect your decision I don’t like it ;-).

Nevertheless, maybe some other developer can take over the development or even create a new app. Fingers crossed… I don’t want to move back to Zigbee of Homey while it’ll probably never be as reliable as deConz.

6 Likes

Deconz instantly solved my Zigbee issues with Homey (60+ devices), but with quite some added complexity that could potentially cause issues: Conbee2 stick, Docker Deconz, added wifi websockets link to Homey, HomeyConz App. But it turned out te be surprisingly stable for all these added moving parts though. :slight_smile:

Sigh… I also really don’t understand why AtHom doesn’t put a decent Zigbee chip in their devices. IMO a huge missed opportunity with the Homey Bridge!

To be honest I would have gladly paid for a new Homey Pro, if it just had a better Zigbee radio that supported 100+ connected devices (and ideally a better cpu + better support for generic devices)! For me Homey still offers the best combination of advanced features, a user friendly UI + Automation, Android App and device support (433MHz screens) in one ugly device.

2 Likes

Hello,
I don’t know if it’s still the right place to ask for a question regarding deConz on Homey.

I was able to install Conbee II on a windows PC and manually add the credential on the Homey app (the automatic way stuck on “searching” even if i press the “authenticate app” button before “discover & authenticate” on the Homey app).

After that from there all worked, but running deConz on a windows PC was only a test.
Then I installed Hass.io on a pi 4 and installed deConz addon, then restored the backup made on windwos with some test devices associated.

From Home assistant I forwarded the ports 40850 (API backend) 5900 (deConz via VNC) and 8081 (websocket) from the Home assistant extension.

Now if i change the port and IP on the deConz Homey app I can’t add anymore new devices or control the already added ones from Homey, but the homey app is still updating the devices state (ex. ON or OFF) when changed from elsewhere like Home assistant or Phoscon.

I suppose that the API token I got when I installed deconz on windows is changed but now I’m not able to receive a new one again using the post command shown here:

Webpage guide

If i run the command : https://phoscon.de/discover I get:
[{"id":"xxxxEFFFF07BAA5","internalipaddress":"172.30.33.0","macaddress":"xxxxxEFFFF07BAA5","internalport":40850,"name":"Conbee II","publicipaddress":"xx.xx.11.176"}] that is the IP from the deConz addon (so it’s reachable only because the port 40850 is forwarded from the home assistant IP 192.168.1.35)

Is there anything I cand do?

Ok writing all this stuff made me think and find a solution, I’ll leave the answer here so maybe can be helpful for someone:
the POST command to send is a little different from the one on the guide:

http://192.168.1.35:40850/api

the body is still the same

{"devicetype": "myapplication" }

And as stated before you need to press “Authenticate App” on the Phoscon app before sending the POST.

Now I have only to solve a danger sign on Home assistant on the Conbee II integration (not the addon) that says “failed to setup” even if everthing is working, but I’ll have to find the right place to ask.

:grinning:

That’s because the guide doesn’t know you’re running deCONZ inside a Docker container that uses a custom port (which may change after a reboot, not sure).

Also, is there a reason why you’re using Hass.io? If your intention is to run Home Assistant at some point, fair enough, but if you just want to run deCONZ a standalone install is much easier and requires much less resources.

The port should not change since I rebooted a couple of times and it’s still the same.

Initially my intention was to run only deConz as standalone install on a rapberry but then I saw that all the SONOFF sensors I use aren’t recognized from the deConz homey app even under the “generic sensor” tab.
deConz and Home Assistant are recognizing the sensors with no issue, so in order to be able to see those sensor on Homey I have to add them as “binary sensors” from the Homey Home Assistant app.
And honestly this can be a nice chance to star messing with home assistan since a lot of users are suggesting it.
Also the ability to backup and restore all the deconz associated devices is very convinent if I mess somenthing (like the Conbee II integrantio) and I need to start from a fresh install again

Backup/restore can be done from deCONZ’s web interface (Phoscon) directly. But if you want to run HA, Hass.io is a good choice :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I didn’t explain well, I was referring to the backup and restore function on Phoscon not in Home Assistant.
Home Assistant is a little more less intuitive than Homey but since I need it to use some sensors that aren’t present on the deConz homey app, I think I’ll start to mess with Home assistant soon :laughing:

Thank you for your patience

I have a couple of Alecto motion sensors. They are just re-branded tuya sensors. Can you add these please? Let me know if you need any further information.

Is there btw no option to create a generic motion alarm in order to be able to add more motion sensors in the future?

The developer said that he’ll not support this app anymore due to problems with athom team, acually I’m using a workaround (is too early to talk about it’s reliability but it’s working at the moment). If a sensor paired with deConz is recognized from Home Assistant you can add this sensor from the “Home Assistant” homey integration. The downside is that you have to run Home Assistant too…

That’s old news as far as I know… Those problems has been solved and the app is being actively developed again…

Thought so too, unfortunately this isn’t true anymore read a few post above.

Ha app isn’t maintained or supported either. It’ll probably work but it is a bit cumbersome.

Wow Athom, i think it is time to look for an alternative for Homey. Why bother and keep the users happy?

1 Like

Nobody knows what’s going on. Don’t judge based on nothing. Pointless

3 Likes

You made a copy of the repo, am I right? Is it possible to publish it to the commu ity store for backup and restore purposes?

Agreed, nobody knows what is going on.
But most of us wish that start with the homey “ideas” themselves.

About “not judgeing based on nothing” though, how else are we supposed to judge an “idea” that alternates between “doing nothing” and “barely doing something, in the worst way imaginable”?

Trust me, I wish this product could be used as adviced, but the “ideas” either have no intention of ever doing so, or they lack the ability to make it happen. The end result is the same.

Looks like as long as the app is installed on Homey, deCONZ still works fine. Fingers crossed…

1 Like

Fuck Athom. I would be very happy if @MadMonkey developed its app further and made it available to the Community Store. That way he could annoy Athom the most and we’d all be happy!

Yes, it works fine!
Otherwise there is still the way: deConz - Home Assistant- Homey. However, this method will induce some to switch completely to Home Assistant right away. Very clever from Athom!

2 Likes