[APP][Pro] Balboa

I’ll make some changes to the library and to the celsius calculation in the app itself :slight_smile:

New app update (TEST: 1.7.3):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: recover after API outage
2: NEW: use response data

FIXES:
1: FIX: temperature issues
2: FIX: login error (pairing)
3: FIX: wrong button handler for tempRange
4: FIX: dynamic thermostat min/max based on tempRange Low/High
5: OPT: update library

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - ControlMySpa - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Don’t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version → ControlMySpa App for Homey | Homey

@OH2TH hope this works.
One thing I was not sure about is the responseData when you set the temp for example. As I don’t have a test account anymore I couldn’t test. :stuck_out_tongue:

if you want to check the changes: FIX: temperature | OPT: update library | NEW: use response data · martijnpoppen/com.balboa@377bcfe · GitHub

and feel free to create a PR ofcourse :smiley:

Test version seems to be restaring continuously. Device flashed as unavailable momentarily every couple of seconds.

Ah i see. Strange behaviour. Because that should have happened in the previous too. Unless its looping due to the recent changes. Will have a look!

@OH2TH New version is in test (1.7.3

1 Like

Oh yes, first test looks good. High/Low range toggle works. I’ll test a little more when I wake up.

1 Like

Something is a bit off with the target temperature now.
CMS Mobile shows target as 36.5C and CMS Homey shows 37, as requested.

@OH2TH I do some rounding in de Homey app. Not sure if CMS allows steps of 0.1?

I’ll grab the source and do some testing for this bit

CMS returns three values, but only when it has been recently active, i.e. when CIRCULATION_PUMP is HIGH

"desiredTemp":"93.2","targetDesiredTemp":"93.6","currentTemp":"94.1"

After a while when it has gone OFF, CMS returns only targetDesiredTemp. What I do not understand what is the actual difference to desiredTemp and targetDesiredTemp.

Once I figure out how it acts, I’ll send a PR for you.

1 Like

Oh, but I can’t test. I need to set the SECRET in env.json. Is that a string and how many characters?
I guess I will need to configure an other balboa device for testing with locally installed app.

@OH2TH I’ll send you some instructions in a DM.

1 Like

New app update (TEST: 1.8.0):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: temperature fixes (@OH2TH)

More - apps - ControlMySpa - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Don’t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version → ControlMySpa App for Homey | Homey

Thanks a lot to @OH2TH for fixing the Temperature issue! :smiley: :tada:

1 Like

New app update (LIVE: 1.8.0):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: temperature fixes (@OH2TH)

Heater Mode is mixed up with HEATER status

These relate to Rest mode vs Ready mode:

• Heater Ready mode - Maintain the selected temperature
  • Heater Rest mode - Only heat during filter cycle

What would you, ControlMySpa users, think of a change:
Remove measure_runmode as it just duplicates measure_heater_mode, removing:

• Trigger (When) card: Is ready state changed
  • Condition (And) card: is ready

You can still use Heater has changed (should be renamed to Heater Mode has changed for trigger and heater is ready (should be renamed to “Heater is in Ready mode”).
And the “Toggle Heater on or off” action (then) card will stay as it is.

Github issue opened heaterMode is mixed up with HEATER status · Issue #6 · martijnpoppen/com.balboa · GitHub

After above changes, it would be doable to introduce Heater Status if is ON or OFF, Showing that the spa is actually heating or not.

@OH2TH

The way I see it:

• change measure_heater_mode to:
  "title": {
    "en": "Heater mode",
    "nl": "Verwarmings modus"
  },
  • change action_heater_mode to listen to the HEATER component. That button will also toggle the heater to ON/OFF

• leave measure_runmode as is. As it does take another key from the API and we don’t want to deprecate this as it might be different on other spa’s

Made a PR for this: FIX: heater and heater_mode by martijnpoppen · Pull Request #11 · martijnpoppen/com.balboa · GitHub

After some tests and reviews on the PR, it is starting to look good. I think some of the options that are in the app now, will start making more sense soon.

One thing comes to mind more. Not sure if everyone would agree, but here goes:
Tie the “uiQuickAction” to action_heater_mode, this would mean that the device tile would start acting like on/off toggle button.

Might be possible, but not sure if that’s clear for everybody. This could lead to accidential heating of the spa

Yes, that is also true.

1 Like