[APP][Pro&Cloud] Frient Zigbee App (v2.3.1)

frient Zigbee App (v2.3.1)

With this version of the app (2.3.1), all frient devices working on the Zigbee protocol are now fully compatible with Homey Pro and Homey Bridge.

enter image description here

Supported devices

All frient devices are now integrated with Homey. Please see the Athom app store to see the most recent list and the flow cards that are available.

Device Icon Brand Name Model ID Device Capabilities
enter image description here frient Intelligent Smoke Alarm SMZB-120 Smoke detection with built-in siren alarm. Temperature sensing and indicating. Possibility of connecting more than one smoke sensor together with Homey flow cards. Detection of current battery condition and alarm when low battery.
enter image description here frient Intelligent Heat Alarm HESZB-120 Heat detection with built-in siren alarm. Temperature sensing and indicating. Possibility of connecting more than one heat sensor together with Homey flow cards. Detection of current battery condition and alarm when low battery.
enter image description here frient Water Leak Detector FLSZB-110 Detecting the water leaks, and alarming with a built-in siren. Possibility of connecting more than one flood sensor together with Homey flow cards. Detecting the current battery condition and alarming when low battery. Possibility of extending the unit with a probe - for better installation methods.
enter image description here frient Motion Sensor MOSZB-141 Detecting and notifying about the movement. Detecting the current battery condition and alarming when low battery.
enter image description here frient Motion Sensor Pro MOSZB-140 Detecting and notifying about the movement. Detecting and indicating current light level. Detecting and indicating the current temperature. Tamper protected for avoiding manipulations. Detecting the current battery condition and alarming when low battery.
enter image description here frient Alarm Motion Sensor 2 MOSZB-154, MOSZB-156 Detecting and notifying about the movement. Detecting and indicating current light level. Detecting and indicating the current temperature. Tamper protected for avoiding manipulations. Detecting the current battery condition and alarming when low battery.
enter image description here frient Entry Sensor WISZB-121 Detecting the open/closed status and notifying. Detecting the current battery condition and alarming when low battery.
enter image description here frient Entry Sensor Pro WISZB-120 Detecting the open/closed status and notifying. Detecting and indicating the current temperature. Tamper protected for avoiding manipulations. Detecting the current battery condition and alarming when low battery.
enter image description here frient Alarm Entry Sensor 2 WISZB-132, WISZB-138 Detecting the open/closed status and notifying. Detecting and indicating the current temperature. Tamper protected for avoiding manipulations. Detecting the current battery condition and alarming when low battery.
enter image description here frient Smart Siren SIRZB-110 Warning with different sounds and volumes. Tamper protected for avoiding manipulations. Possibility of connecting with other devices with Homey flow cards. Having battery backup. Acting as Zigbee range extender.
frient Alarm Smart Siren SIRZB-112 Warning with different sounds and volumes. Tamper protected for avoiding manipulations. Possibility of connecting with other devices with Homey flow cards. Having battery backup. Acting as Zigbee range extender.
enter image description here frient Zigbee Range Extender REXZB-111 Reporting current power mode (AC power, battery power). Extending the Zigbee network. Reporting low battery events.
enter image description here frient Smart Plug Mini SPLZB-131 (Schuko), SPLZB-132, (FR), SPLZB-134 (UK) Physical and remote on/off switching. Measuring the power, voltage, and current. Detecting and indicating the current internal temperature. Acting as Zigbee range extender.
enter image description here frient Smart Plug 2 Mini SPLZB-141 (Schuko), SPLZB-142, (FR) Physical and remote on/off switching. Measuring the power, voltage, and current. Detecting and indicating the current internal temperature. Acting as Zigbee range extender.
enter image description here frient Smart Cable SMRZB-143 Physical and remote on/off switching. Measuring the power, voltage, and current. Detecting and indicating the current internal temperature. Acting as Zigbee range extender.
enter image description here frient Smart Cable 2 SMRZB-153 Physical and remote on/off switching. Measuring the power, voltage, and current. Detecting and indicating the current internal temperature. Acting as Zigbee range extender.
enter image description here frient Electricity Meter Interface ZHEMI-101 Reading the home electricity meter’s LED or IR. Measuring energy usage. Possibility of changing the pulse configuration. Detecting the current battery condition and alarming when low battery.
enter image description here frient EMI Norwegian HAN EMIZB-132 Reading the home electricity meter’s HAN port. Compatible with HAN-supporting electricity meters. Measuring energy usage. Measuring consumed energy. Measuring instantaneous energy usage.
EMI-2-LED frient EMI 2 LED EMIZB-141 Reading the home electricity meter’s LED or IR. Measuring energy usage. Possibility of changing the pulse configuration. Detecting the current battery condition and alarming when low battery.
enter image description here frient EMI 2 P1 EMIZB-151 Reading the home electricity meter's P1 port. Compatible with meters with enabled P1 port. Measuring consumed energy and instantaneous energy usage. Measuring meter's phases A, B, and C.
enter image description here frient Air Quality Sensor AQSZB-110 Detecting and indicating the current air quality. Detecting and indicating the current humidity level. Detecting and indicating the current temperature. Detecting the current battery condition and alarming when low battery.
enter image description here frient Smart Humidity Sensor HMSZB-110, HMSZB-120 Detecting and indicating the current humidity level. Detecting and indicating the current temperature. Detecting the current battery condition and alarming when low battery.
enter image description here frient Smart Button SBTZB-110 Acting as a panic button. Switching between on and off states. Possibility of connecting with other device with Homey flow cards. Detecting the current battery condition and alarming when low battery.
enter image description here frient Panic Button PBTZB-110 Panic button alarm. Triggering events. Possibility of connecting with other device with Homey flow cards. Detecting the current battery condition and alarming when low battery.
enter image description here frient Smart Din Relay SMRZB-332 Remote load switching. Phase dropout Alarming, Precision Meter (Class 2). Certified to perform under 16A of continuous load.
enter image description here frient Smart Din Relay 2 SMRZB-342 Remote load switching. Phase dropout Alarming, Precision Meter (Class 2). Certified to perform under 16A of continuous load.
enter image description here frient Intelligent Keypad KEPZB-110 Switching between Armed Out, Armed In, Armed Night, Unarmed, Emergency states. Tamper protected to avoid manipulations. Possibility of creating alarm systems by connecting them to other devices by Homey flow cards. Detecting the current battery condition and alarming when low battery.
enter image description here frient IO-Module IOMZB-110 Bridging wired devices and Zigbee networks. Having four digital inputs with dry contact, and two relay outputs with NO and NC contacts. On/off or pulse functionality. Having a 6–28VDC power supply, and alternative USB power supply.

Feedback and requests

Here, you can share your opinions regarding the app, devices, and the way they perform. Any feedback is appreciated! Besides that, you are welcome to let us know when you have some brilliant ideas about what could be added, changed, done differently, or basically, what you would like to see in future updates.

Support

If you encounter any issues while using our devices together with Homey, and you cannot find anything helpful in our FAQ (https://frient.com/faq/) – you are welcome to submit your question here. Our support will do their best to solve your problem.

Useful links

7 Likes

Changelog

Add “Stop warning” flow cards for the smoke / heat / water leakage alarm and siren.

Add support for the new Electricity Meter Interface 2 P1 (EMIZB-151), Alarm Motion Sensor 2 (MOSZB-154, MOSZB-156), and Alarm Entry Sensor 2 (WISZB-132, WISZB-138).

Fix the issue with HMSZB-110 sensors not working.

Add support for the Smart Cable 2 (SMRZB-153), Smart DIN Relay 2 (SMRZB-342), and Smart Humidity Sensor (HMSZB-120).

Fixed inclusion instructions for EMI 2 LED device.

Add support for the IO Module (IOMZB-110) and Electricity Meter Interface 2 LED (EMIZB-141).

Fix triggering of the warning on the Intelligent Smoke Alarm, Intelligent Heat Alarm, and Water Leak Detector.

Fix triggering of the warning on the Intelligent Smoke Alarm, Intelligent Heat Alarm, and Water Leak Detector.

Fix temperature reporting issues on Intelligent Smoke Alarm, Intelligent Heat Alarm, and Water Leak Detector.

Add support for Keypad, Siren, Panic Button, Smart Button, and DIN relay. Enable the option to trigger the siren of the Heat Alarm, Smoke Alarm, and Water Leak Alarm.

Add support for Homey Bridge.

Add support Air Quality Sensor and fix the binding issue(s).

First app store release compatible with Homey v5.

Update inclusion instructions.

App store release of the Develco Products app.

Cosmetic changes.

Addressed review comments by Homey, merged three smart plug types (Shucko, Danish, and French) to SPLZB-13x, and added a driver for Electricity Meter Interface.

Added the artwork and new images

Hello,

I have the frient keypad.
However when i activate/arm the heimdall alarm with my phone, the keypad doesnt know that the alarm is armed, and when i come home, i cant deactivate the alarm over keypad:
If the keypad doesnt know the alarm is armed the keypad doesnt accept the disarm keypad code.

Would it be possible to have a “then” card on flows that can change the keypad state to either armed/disarmed

Hi.

Thanks for reaching out, and thank you for the valuable feedback!

It appears, that currently there is no option to switch between the alarm states in the way you described.

However, by creating a flow, it is possible to switch between Heimdall states, by selecting the modes on the Keypad.

We will look further into adding that possibility in the “Then” cards.

Regards,

Gabriel.

Hello,

Heimdall states changing by flow will not help here, i need the keypad to accept my disarm code on the keypad even when he thinks he is already disarmed. (disarm keypad then sends a flow to disarm heimdall)
I need the frient keypad to be able to recieve the information that he is armed over a flow when i arm heimdall

thanks for looking into it!

Hi again.

I am not sure if I understand correctly, but it appears that what you have described - “disarm keypad then sends a flow to disarm Heimdall” is possible to achieve by creating a flow that looks more and less like that:

However, yeah, the thing you’re requesting would be easy to achieve by having the possibility of changing the keypad state in the “Then” part.

We’ll look into it.

Hi,
take the screenshot above and inverse it, thats what i need
When Heimdall state changed to armed
Then set keypad to armed

“disarm keypad then sends a flow to disarm heimdall” → doesnt work for me as it is only possible when the keypad knows he is armed
Because the frient keypad does not accept the disarm keypad code when the keypad is not in armed state

I need the frient keypad to be able to recieve the information that he is armed over a flow when i arm heimdall with my mobile app

@Jodk [answering your question in the Frient app topic] This is a known issue.

A new (firmware) version of the smart sensors has a different trigger to activate the smart warning.
We’re testing an app update that should be able to fix this issue on short term.

2 Likes

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I’ll be awaiting the update then. Is there somewhere we can subscribe to receive news on the update or will it be automatic?

Hello @TedTolboom,

You mentioned the following:

How can we get firmware updates on Frient devices? Will this be done via the Frient app on Homey? Thanks!

Hi @dthiemann,

I think what Ted means is, that newer devices come with a more recent firmware, and this has changed the way the App needs to talk to the device.

Note: IMHO there will not be a way to update the device firmware from Homey.

Roger

1 Like

You can have automatic updates switched on for the app.
Open the Frient App settings and make sure that “Update Automatically” is switched on.
Then it’s just waiting.
On the timeline you can see when the app is updated.
You could also write some scripts to notify you when this happens.
Best of luck!

Based on the updated frient software i purchased 5 intelligent smoke detectors. I allready have one heat detector. I added all smoke detectors to my homey pro (2019). I suppose i have to add flows to connect the alarms to one another. However, the flow states the device isn’t switched on. The zigbee network view shows this

I have two setups: smoke detectors connected to homey pro directly and smoke detectors connected to a lightbulb. It seems flows are not working, no responses to Interviews. All devices are paired using the frient app2.0.1, I am lost here. I have no clue what so ever. Any suggestions?

Hi Alex. Yes, we are aware of current issues with manual and flow triggering of the siren in our Smoke and Heat alarms. We are working now on fixing this issue, and the fix will be introduced in a new frient app update rather soon. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

Any news on the following issue?

What is needed:
When Heimdall state changed to armed
Then set keypad to armed

“disarm keypad then sends a flow to disarm heimdall” → doesnt work for me as it is only possible when the keypad knows he is armed
Because the frient keypad does not accept the disarm keypad code when the keypad is not in armed state

I need the frient keypad to be able to receive the information that he is armed over a flow when i arm heimdall with my mobile app

Hi, frient community!

We are happy to announce now, that the issues with the manual and flow siren triggering of the Smoke, Heat, and Water sensors are now fixed!

Now, you should be able to create a flows within Homey, that will allow you to connect the units together, and trigger the built-in siren in the above-mentioned products depending on the events of your own choice.

We are looking forward to feedback from you!

2 Likes

Hi again.

The feature you are describing has not been implemented yet.

However, thank you for the valuable feedback, and some good ideas regarding our future updates!

Hi

I’d really like this feature also. Until there’s a way to update the keypad from Homey, there’s limited value to it.

It’d be really compelling to see the sort of flow that’s possible with Home Assistant, where there’d be “Advanced Flow” triggers for alarm change requests from the keypad, that pass “[Arm Change] with [PIN]” and “[Arm Change] with [RFID]” and populate tags with the PIN and/or RFID fob.

We’d then have actions for “Respond with Invalid Code”, “Respond with Disarm” etc.

In that way, a centralised set of RFID tags and codes can be tracked in Homey (e.g. with Heimdall) and the keypad becomes an incredibly value human interface to Homey, vs something that’s trying to manage an independent state.

1 Like

Hi Alistair.

Yeah, the Keypad integration with Homey is very new and recent, therefore, naturally, it has some limitations now, and its functions can be considered as basic.

We are collecting all the feedback from our frient community, and we will be working on improving its capabilities with time, so it can meet all the demands.

1 Like

Version v2.0.3 has indeed fixed the issue. Great respons, thank you so much.
Best regards, Alex.