[APP][Pro][Deprecated] Arlo - Security Camera

So have digged into testing functions with my Arlo Pro setup.

Have tested notification of cam photo
Have tested siren
Have tested request snapshot
Have tested battery info
Have tested charging state and signal quality
Have tested audio and movement alarms
Have tested arm states
Have tested the trigger cards.

All have worked :slightly_smiling_face:

Only thing i have found is the thing i wrote about in previus post. :slight_smile:

Everything works fine with all my pro 2, amazing !

Thanks for this great update,my arlo pro caméra are discovered and works perfect.Thanks Jamie to exist in the Homey ’ world😆

I want to extend my Arlo essential cam in Homey flow. The app from Jamie Peake doesn’t support the arlo essential cam. Is there a chance to add the arlo essential?

1 Like

adding support for “Arlo Essential Spotlight WLAN” would be fantastic.

2 Likes

The Arlo Essential also works with a Base Station. Does the APP recognises Essential then?

Maybe a stupid Q but I as a newby don’t understand how to create a separate user with knowledge of my cams to be used for Homey. Is there a more elaborate explanation of the setup?
Thanks in advance.

Can I use the steps below:

Here are steps on adding the extra user account as a friend through your main account:

1. Log in to your Arlo account (main account)
  2. Click Settings > Account Settings > Friends > Add
  3. Enter the information for the extra user account
  4. Click the cameras you want the friend to be able to access.
  5. Click the administrative rights you want to assign to the friend .
  6. Click Send Invite .
  7. The person designated as a “Friend” will be sent an automated email with a link to create a new Arlo account. However, since the extra user account has an existing account, you will simply need to login with the extra user account information that you already have.

@Jamie would you have a solution for Arlo Essential ?

@Frankie sorry for the delay, yes that sounds right to me.

@thobu @feRon @Vincent_DURR I don’t own one, adding devices I don’t have access to is tricky. Also with all the negative reviews i’ve gotten just because a device is missing, im kinda over publishing my apps and may just pull it. People are pretty rude.

I also have started getting spammed by arlo to turn on multi factor auth :frowning: I wonder how much longer until they force it …

In other news I recently bought an Arlo 3, so I am may update the app with support for that.

Can imagine that happens a lot. Remember that there are those that appreciate your work and contribution to the community.

Arlo 3 support sounds amazing! :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture::sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Jamie, no problem taking a bit more time. It is all volunteer work, right? I have got it connected now and should be able to work with it in flows. Really would like support for the Essential as well, but assume they are not fully similar. Get the impression people think you are working for Homey and don’t understand the opensource/voluntary aspects of it.
Keep up the good work…

For everyone complaining on the Internet, there are least 20 that appreciate it, in silence.

1 Like

Arlo 3 support is going well, now added. But i’m now just working on backwards engineering control of the LED light (in the arlo3)

I would also like to bring in control of some of the other settings into the device settings of homey.

2 Likes

Now that I have an arlo3, I’ve just released a new test version of the arlo app :

This adds a new device the ‘Arlo 3 Pro’ or VMC4040P as well as support for the spotlight which is attached to the camera. The plan is to update the assets perhaps add some additional properties before roll out.

You can trial it here : arlo | Homey if someone has an arlo3 I would really appreciate help testing it.

Thanks

2 Likes

I ordered a Arlo Pro base station and a couple of Arlo 3 Pro cameras. today. I will test and let you know when it arrives on Monday.

Hey Jamie… Updated to the new version and noticed today that it stopped talking to the hub sometime between my upgrade yesterday and today. Restart of the app solved it but going to keep an eye on if it happens again :wink:

The Cameras themself worked thow.

// Ted

No trouble @Jamie , thanks for your job. I think many people thank you in secret, don’t Care about the minority.

Finally, I think I’ll look for a Pro 2 :wink:

@Jamie I had a look at some open source projects and a couple of them seems to have an approach to using 2FA with the Arlo API.

Is there a technical reason with Homey where A2F can not be used? Timeout for the Token? Something else?

1 Like

Im not aware of any solutions to this problem nor do I understand how you could work around it unless arlo change their approach to mfa. It’s not a “homey” issue.

Which open source projects have managed to bypass 2fa and how did they go about it?