[APP] Philips Hue - Transform the way you experience light

Rebooting homey did the trick

Has anyone gotten the Philips Hue Wall Switch Module to work in Homey?

My Switch module is set up as a push button in Hue and not a rocker button. When I include the module in Homey, it is set by default to type=rocker and I canā€™t find anywhere I can change this.

I have 3 Hue bridges run on 2 different networks (2 on home network, 1 on office network). I want to keep these networks separated, but I would like to control both networks with the Hue Homey-app.

1. Is there a way to get the 3 bridges over 2 different networks running in 1 Homey app?
  2. For that I probably need to set all 3 bridges to be controlled remotely. But at the moment I seem to only be able to allow 1 bridge (per account) to be managed remotely. Anyone knows a fix/workaround?
  3. If the above is currently not possible; are there more people in need of these features?

Isnā€™t it possible to use a vpn to the office lan from your router? Maybe this way you can present office bridge as a local bridge.

ANyone???

Or can someone tell me that its working right and the problem is only at my setup?

I think Iā€™ve had that as couple of times but not enough to worry me. Also fairly sure that when it has happened itā€™s when I have used Homey to set the colour and not Hue. Seems to report accurately when I use Hue to set colour which I do most of the time

The problem is that i want to use Zone Memory App voor Homey | Homey this app. But if the homey doesnā€™t read the right settings the app wont work correctly. The problem is in the Athom hue app.

I have contacted the homey support but there service is very limited. ;-(

I found that app very difficult to make work for Hue lamps, lots of variables to read and depending on when it reads them it may not get the ones displayed. Have a look through the thread for that app if you havenā€™t already, there is advice on rates for reapplying variables as they canā€™t all be sent at once. There is also mention in other threads about how commands are sent to hue devices, I think part of the problem is how Homey communicates with Hue and itā€™s Hues api. Also pretty sure Iā€™ve read about that changing

Hi everyone. In view of the comments in the last 2 - 3 months about Homey Pro and Philips Hue. Is it a good idea to invest in new Hue hardware? (Until now I do not have Hue in my system) I am considering to buy a few Light strips Plus v4 (basis) which I want to add in some advanced flows. Thanks in advance. Best regards, Jan

I have nearly 90 Hue lamps and 5 sensors, all connected to Homey via 2 Hue hubsā€¦ And as long as you set up your flows to use Hue scenes, it is excellent. I canā€™t imagine anything else working better

1 Like

Unless youā€™re looking for a setup that doesnā€™t require spending ā‚¬500 on 3 different devices that are each running their own configuration just to control some lights and sensors :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They are very easy to set up and interact with Homey and flows perfectly. Light response, seemingly no matter how many lights, its near instantaneous. Using hue sensors to trigger non hue devices works grand as well

1 Like

Thanks Philip. Then I will also make the jump :wink: (despite the money involved)

1 Like

There are comments in other threads about difficulties in using many lights of Hue or other brands via Homey and not a hub where the responsiveness is slow and not always as desired. Using the Hue app on your phone, set up whatever scenes you want and give them a name. Homey can see the names and then the scenes are set via the Hue hub. That way they work reliably. My kitchen has 3 Hue strips and 24 Hue spots and they all respond as one. Itā€™s brilliant. Added to that the Hue app itself is excellent

And since Advanced Flows have started, and Iā€™ve redone a lot of flows to use them, Homey response time to hue sensors has improved

Iā€™m sure that it will be improved a lot compared to Homeyā€™s rather limited Zigbee implementation, but at least for me personally, there are better working (and cheaper, and less limited) solutions.

1 Like

While connecting homey with Philips Hue I get an error (See Screenshot). As a result I canā€™t connect any of my three hue bridges.

The error is shown after selecting the Hue bridge in the hue App.

I use homey beta with no additional homey device.

Any help is much appreciated:-)

I tried a bit more to get hue connected.

After I deinstalled the hue App from my android device (12), I reinstalled the hue App in homey. Instead of the hue App being opened while connecting homey with hue, I now get a browser page to login to my hue account. After logging in, suddenly my hue devices of one bridge got installed in homey. I was also open to control hue lamps in homey.

Cool. Now I thought to proceed with the other two hue bridges the same way. But now when I try to add the second hue bridge, I neither get a login page nor do I get a page to select another hue bridge. Instead I am still logged in to the bridge I added in the first place. I have no way to logout or anything else.

At the end this also no solution.

So I removed the hue app in homey. Installed the hue app on Android, setup m bridges. Finally I reinstalled the hue app in homey.

Now I get the same error as reported in my initial post.

Deadlock :frowning:

Hi,

I am new to homey. I am trying to connect home beta (cloud) with hue, but I just donā€™t get it connected.

I posted already in q&a. But as I didnā€™t get any reply yet, I am posting my issue here as well.

I appreciate any hint to solve my issue.

Here the original post

And did you contact Athom support as well?