[APP] Philips Hue - Transform the way you experience light

No, unfortunately not.
The backup stores info about which apps were installed via the app store;
when restoring, Homey downloads the latest versions from the app store.
That’s the reason if an app you use has been removed from the store, it doesn’t get restored.

1 Like

Could be. But I doubt it.

no have bridge in the app new version!

The app gets re-initialized, and probably tried to discover the Hue bridge, with no result.
Maybe if the app wasn’t updatet, a power outage / Homey restart would end with the same result: no hue bridge found

I think somebody working with the Hue API must be able to tell if the really deleted the deprecated function -today-. But as said, I think timing is strange.

Anyway, if it is a broken update, or a missed deprecated function in the API, both are incredibly stupid from athom.

I was fucking around with my homey this weekend and restarted multiple times. The app update triggered a rediscovery probably

It occurred this afternoon as you can see at the post timestamps. Before today, (during the weekend so to speak) the bridge could be discovered as it should.
But ofcourse it can be the case only an app update causes a bridge re-discovery.

5.5.8 is broken!

It started working again.
I saw my light flicker and looked in the app and all triangles disapeared.

I restart the app and all hue work again

Same here a minute ago…

Just about 3 minutes ago it started working again. The light in the kitchen went on. Hopefully everything will work again in the right way and we won’t have this shitty situation again. All the triangles with exclamation marks disappeared :slight_smile:

yep i confirm this, all hue devices came suddenly back online again.
I was surprised when i opened the hall door that the light went on again, hahaha

wow that was quick

It works again without reboot ?

Yeah, my message was on hold for 4 hours, nice comment, dbag…

1 Like

As for why the app stopped working today for a lot of people, official statement from Athom in another topic:

Philips hue - broken on 5.5.8 update
Emile
Signify, the company behind Philips Hue, suddenly added rate limits without letting their partners (us) know.

We updated the Hue app very quickly to avoid the rate limits. Unfortunately, because this automatically restarts the app, and many users already hit the limits in their previous app session, the new app session couldn’t find the hue bridge. Well, shit.

However, the new app is compatible with the new rate limits. Within 24h everything should be back to normal.

2 Likes

As of an hour ago it is all working for me again. All my flows involving Hue work and all my Hue lights connect via Hue Hub

Strange, because the API Terms and Conditions from Signify state that they can (and actually will) impose rate limiting:
" API Calls . For purposes of service stability and user experience of the Philips Hue ecosystem, Signify limits the number of remote API calls. The limit is currently set to a total of 50000 calls per day"

This is on the T&C page from August 2020, so it’s not a recent change:

Was the same here. Everything suddenly was working again. Just woke up and problems are back! No connection to devices. Red triangles everywhere.