[APP] Philips Hue - Transform the way you experience light

Yes, sorry, I was to tumb to copy the link using my mobile…:roll_eyes:
I would like to make an API call as Kevin describes it. But instead using HueLabs I want to use automation. Unfortunatly I dont find the automation nowhere in the Api

The app says it supports the ‘Module’ is that equal to to the Philips Hue wandschakelaarmodule? Just want to know for sure.

Hello im new here i got a homey pro and bought a couple of hue dimmers v3 didnt manage too add them too homey so i bought the hue bridge too use the hue app that needs the bridge couse i thought it was better as it had better rating then the hue app without the bridge

Now too the problem when i try too add a hue light or a dimmer switch too the “bridge app” it just says “follow the instructions” then it rapitdly blinks through a couple of pages that goes so fast that i cant read them then it stopps on “no new units have been found” and nothing happens

The orginal hue app on my phone works fine have 2 dimmer and one light installed

When i search on google and youtube i find that when i add a light in homey with the hue app im supposed too get instruction too add the bridge and then import the light too homey but as i explained earlier thats not at all what happens too me

Anyone have any suggestions?
English is not my nativ language so sorry for the rambleing

Managed too fix it on my own by logging in too homey webb app and it all worked great from there so i guess this is an android app bugg

Bad experience with hue integration.
I find the hue integration very unreliable. Resulting in lights turned on all night, etc.
Before I controlled the hue lights with node-red for years without problems.
Also when I want to change color and dim-level I have to delay one of them otherwise only one of them comes through. But the delay is very annoying.
With node-red is did send all changes in one message.
Maybe Athom should open source the plugin.

That problem isn’t related to the Hue app, it’s an internal Homey issue: sending commands to multiple devices from a flow will often result in some devices not getting the command. The only solution for that is using delays.

You mean the messages get “lost” in homey, even before sending?
In node-red I did send 7 messages (7 lights) at once to the hue bridge and it always worked.

That’s what it looks like, yes.

Yes, this issue is Homey-specific and it not related, or limited, to Hue.

Did you notice that with other type of devices also?
From the other types I have (mostly Z-Wave, but also some ZigBee), I do not have them in the same flow, so I didn’t notice it and was hoping it was the hue app which then could be improved.

You can try by creating a test flow that uses your different devices, but if you search around the forum you’ll find that it happens for all kinds of devices (Zigbee, Z-Wave, WiFi). Adding delays is how people “solve” this issue.

I’ve a gen 1 hue bridge, with 3x A19 bulbs that came with the gen 1 starter kit. The set works fine with the Philips hue app (not homey), but homey can’t detect any of my hue devices even after I deleted the bulbs from my hub setup.

Do I need to upgrade the hub or bulbs to a newer ver to make them work with homey? Sure hope not!

Support for the Hue Bridge Gen. 1 was ended by Phillips on April 30th, 2020. This bridge can only be reached locally and can no longer communicate with Homey. Buy a Gen. 2 bridge and Homey will recognize it.

Thanks! I’m going to try the gen 2

1 Like

I have two and honestly, Homey makes it easier than Philips to control 2 hue hubs

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the Homey Hue app since the last update of the app 2 days ago? Homey can’t control my light anymore. Testing a flow results in the below.
Already rebooted both Homey, the Hue App and the Hue bridge.

And

The [object Object] “error” is something that should be mentioned to Athom, it’s a bug in their app: support@athom.com

Yeah that’s what I already did. I find it a bit odd that online I don’t see anyone else with the same issue. :grinning:

Hi,

How can I add a hue Dimmer switch or Sensors in homey?
If I add hue Devices I only can add plugs and lights.

Best

1 Like

I guess you mean Homey Bridge? If so, the Hue functionality for that device is currently limited to plugs and lights, for other types of devices you need a Homey Pro ór wait for Athom to add support for them to the Bridge (however, there’s no public timeline or even a suggestion that they ever will).

Okay, thanks. Yes, homey bridge.
Then I think it is the same with shelly 2.5 Roller shutter?
I only see relays.