[APP] Philips Hue - Transform the way you experience light

No lights anymore with 5.5.8.
Will disable automatic updates, because it seems that it is no testing before release.

1 Like

This is bullshit, because the latest update for hue bridge was April 4th. From Aprilt 4th till April 16th my lights were working fine. They stopped working after the Homey update for the Hue app from 3 hours ago.

1 Like

but this issue why not showing older version philips hue app? This is the big question…

yes!! i don’t understand why they don’t unpack the old version that worked

We need to wait till tomorrow to get this fixed.

Missing my automations , going on a holiday tomorrow can’t handle this right now.

and after I will stoped automatic update this is sure!

Because Hue has disabled a discvoerymethod for the Hue Bridge. They announced this back in 2021. Athom missed it.

" As per today, we deprecate UPnP as a local bridge discovery method, scheduled to be disabled in Q2 2022 ."

Therefore, reverting the Homey app will not change the outcome.

It would not have mattered in this case. The change was on the Hue side. Athom missed it.

and they missed it for 3 years already!! WTF?!

This is to be found at the app page:

Yes, here the same… not tomorrow. but in 2 days… the house will be dark, toilets are dark now also… What a huge fail! Missing this for years and years…

1 Like

But the last update for the hue bridge was April 4th? Between April 4th and Today my lights worked fine. They stopped working after the update of the hue app in homey from 4 hours ago

Have the same problem - bridge can’t be found since the homey hue app was updated a few hours ago.

@Peter_Kawa chat from another topic says it’s about hue and ahtom just comes late with it. and the message from the status page of @I_am_who
explained a lot just have to be patient.

Can you extract the backups and install the previous app ?

It’s the online Hue API. Afaik Homey connects through the online API to the Hue Bridge.

I found this out when my internet was down.

It is not related to the update. It is related to a change by Hue.

Restoring the app is useless therfore.

So why would hue deprecate something in the middle of the month? Why not April 1st, which is the start of q2. Strange story.

I don’t know their deployment schedule. It might as well check out. Athom seems to think so, see status page.

I know they do, but the timing for turning pf upnp discovery on April 20th is strange. While at the same moment homey released a new version of the app 3 hours ago.

I have a feeling Occam’s razor is applicable.

No, unfortunately not.
The backup stores info about which apps were installed via the app store;
when restoring, Homey downloads the latest versions from the app store.
That’s the reason if an app you use has been removed from the store, it doesn’t get restored.

1 Like