[App][Pro] PaperTrails Log - Advanced Logging and Log management (v0.6.3)

Works flawless here on v5. So that shouldn’t be the problem…

Hmmm, just tried it again, and…
https://homeybackup.web.app/ gives me no additions to flows where there were no Papertrails cards before too.
Can there be something wrong, @Dijker?

So:

• I log on to the backup/Papertrail site
  • Press add in the Papertrails config
  • I see the site (re) loading
  • But no cards are added to my flows. Nor in THEN, nor ELSE (even nog with the wrong naming for ELSE… :frowning:

You probably have an broken flow,
First repair all flows. The errorhandling for that is still missing.

Sorry, overlooked it. You were absolutely true!
After repairing the broken flow, it works flawlessly again!
(except for the ELSE entries, but you already knew that)

Thx, @Dijker!

okay, i have a broken flow too. I will try to fix it and then see if it works again. thanks for the tip.

Try this

1 Like

This is works great Dijker.
I have 4 flows that was broken. luckily these are all test flows so I can easily remove them. And then I can try it again.

Thank you it works broken flows fixit,
and now i can get logs on any flow. :slight_smile:

I have successfully linked the Paper Trails log to a free Papertrail on papertrailapp.com.
On every line it shows Trails as the first key word (app name?)
For several additions i added a $ in front of a common key word, thinking it would be used as an alternative App name, as stated on the config page. (Where Trails is set as the generic app name)
I see that keywords prefixed with a $ have dissappeared.

How to use this feature? Could there be a bug?

Similar issue was posted at #38, but was not addressed.

As far as I’ve seen in the syslog, the first word in your log line text ends up as the subject (not sure if that’s the same as keywords in your log setup).

Correct. But if you put a $ in front of the first word, it is omitted from the log.
The word in front of the subject (or whatever it is called) remains “Trail”.
i would have expected (based on the config screen) that the application name “Trail” would be replaced with the word with the “$”

After successfully connecting the PaperTrails app to my Qnap syslog server, I am looking for two applications to evaluate the message remotely.

First, a terminal/console app that I can use during development (vscode) to analyze the issues. And secondly a tiny web app to have an overview of my system on daily use ?

Can someone help me ?

I know that, but that’s just the server, what I’m looking for is the web app for the visualization.

I’ve some problems with papertrails, multiple times every day I get a pause symbol and papertrails stopped working. After a reboot of the app it works again. I’ve made a flow to restart papertrails every night, but unfortunately I’ve got the same problem.

The problem started with homey v7 or 7.0.1.
Is there a way to fix this?

Homey early 2019
Homey V7.1.0
App V6.8.0.743
Papertrails V0.6.3

What an awesome app!

I’ve implemented the connection to my.papertrailapp.com, and things are showing up in /events when I am using the flow-cards.

However, if I am using the functionality in homeyScript to post a log-event, it only shows up on the log-screen of the app itself.

Is this a bug / missing feature, or am I configuring something wrong?

I have selected the “Enable syslog for all log additions” option.

Hi Arjan, it happened here too the other day.

The cause in my case was a recent created flow, which triggers and logged every minute.
Alongside all the other logs being written in the meantime, it was too much I think (every flow writes a log here).

Homey decides to pause the app, to prevent Homey or other apps from going down; the criteria used are unknown to me.

So when I removed the log card from the ‘1 minute flow’ the ‘pause problem’ was gone.

Thanks Peter,
I’m gonna look for the flow that write allot of times. For me it’s the same, almost every flow have to note the flow name on papertrails.

1 Like

Hello Geurt,
EDIT
Everything is OK again since 3AM.
Homey was yesterday evening at 7PM soft rebooted by my.

Papertrails suddenly gets paused every time the last (half) hour, I can’t find or think of what I’ve changed.
The memory useage of PT goes up to 130MB’s.

I took the liberty of sending a crash report (although it did not “crash”).
Diag.ID: 52cd088a-e012-49e2-95e8-81fdeddc91cf

Insights:
24h:

Month:

Thanks for this great app and no hurries.
Peter

Any news yet on adding the THEN description to ELSE flowcards when adding them by the Papertrails website, @Dijker?

Sorry for asking again; it’s just that the app (and site) is so damn helpfull… :slight_smile:

Doesn’t this work, Henk?

No, in the ELSE Papertrailscard, THEN is written.

1 Like