[APP] Netatmo - Same home, just smarter. (by Athom)

Any idea when the smoke detector will be added?

I filled in a form so they can add them.

1 Like

For quite some time ago I asked them to add humidity to the Netatmo healthy home coach, and they fixed the issue just about two weeks later, so sometimes you’re lucky!

2 Likes

Do I need Netatmos own gateway for the valves?

Thx!

Yes.

Looks like there is a bug in the netatmo app insights (also reported to athom support).

My netatmo app did not show my outside temp.

But homey insights still reports a (unchanging) temperature.
Pressing the line show timestamps with temperature

Rest is working fine:
Homey does know its out of reach:

IF Flows will not trigger because the temperature is not changing
AND flows will not run, they do give an error on the temp reading

I have also sent several requests for various devices, including the Netatmo Smart Smoke Alarm. I haven’t received any response either.

Is it the general experience that Athom is very arrogant and don’t communicate with the users that keep them alive??? I predict a short life for them if this is the case.

Just the last few years.

1 Like

You need a lot of patience

Hi Per, did you ever get a solution for that? I bought the Valves recently with the starter pack and although the device connects successfully over the API / Bridge i am not able to control the temperature. This is a little bit disappointing to be honest as i thought i can control the schedule via a homey flow.

Edit, i was able to figure it out, so am able to control the valve successfully.

Same problem here. It never worked for me. Why is there no information about this function anywhere…?

Hi! I will be very grateful if anyone is able to tell me where and why my setup fails.
To make it easier to build new flows, I’ve attempted setting up different indoor air quality indexes, like excellent, good, poor etc. The approach I’ve taken is to define different boolean values, by setting a higher than and lower than value for the CO2 levels reported by my Netatmo indoor weather station.
For example will the boolean value “Air quality is poor” automatically be set to =True, as long as the CO2 levels fall between 2100 and 4000.

I wanted the LED ring on the Homey to indicate the air quality by colour, and my google nest mini to tell me if the air quality gets really bad. All over it’s working ok, but it seems like there’s a glitch somewhere, cause every now and then the LED turns red and the speaker tells me that the air quality is horrible. After a second, it returns back to “Air quality is good” again.

If this is caused by some kind of glitch when it’s polling for new information, would it be possible to make it wait a bit, or calculate an average value over a couple of seconds or something? I’ve tried adding a delay, but it didn’t work

With a logic card, you can easily calculate an average:
(in this case, 11 measurements are taken into account)

(Gemiddelde = Average ; Energie = your Tag CO2)

1 Like

Thank you! This looks perfect, but I don’t understand where in the flow this card should be placed.

I’ve googled a lot, but I still can’t figure it out. I found this guide, but the average function is displayed in blue, like it’s a predefined value, just like in your example. Can you please help me understand how I can put in the average function?

Create a new numeric Variable for Average (W-Gemiddelde in my example)

You have to change the first card of your flow “Logikk -5 ------”, into a Card “this flow is started”

then you make a new flow starting with a Card (same as just replaced) “The CO2-level changed”.
In the action part of this flow, (Then column), you place the calculation Card, from my example,
( replace Energie with CO2 card, from your CO2 device )
and place there also a card: Start Flow “Logick - 5 - Poor air quality”, with a delay of 1 second, for calculation.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m starting to wonder if my mother dropped me on my head when I was a kid, cause I’m struggling with this. I must have missed one of the first logic steps here. I’ve read Getting started - Logic variables as well, but I’m still not getting it right.

This is what I’ve done:

1. Created a logic variable called “CO2-Average” and assigned it the number value 1.

2. Created a new flow called “Average CO2 living room” set the “When” card to “The CO2-level has changed”

3. Set the “Then” card to “Logic: Calculate a numeric variable”. Selected the logic variable “CO2-Average” in field number 1. Written {{“CO2-Average”*5+“CO2”)/5}} in field number two. The words in “” being the selected variables.

4. Sent a test message to my phone, with the “CO2-Average” value.

The message I receive says that “CO2-Average” is 1.

I’ve tried starting the “Then” section of this flow with “Set a numeric variable”, and setting the CO2-level to be the value of “CO2-Average”, but then the flow returned a number that was way too low.

I think I solved it. The LED ring has kept the right colour through five CO2 changes now, and the “CO2-Average” value reported to my phone seems correct.

The mistake I made was to not use the local CO2-tag (the one on the top), when selecting the tags for “Logic: Calculate a numeric variable”, but instead using the CO2 level from the device, further down on the list.

Now the variable “CO2-Average” is updated with the right value each time the flow “Average CO2 living room” runs.

I also set the “When…” card for each of the different air quality indexes to “Logic: CO2-Average has changed”, and the “And” card to “Logic: CO2-Average is greater than…” and “Logic: CO2-Average is less than…”

The “Then…” card of each flow is set to adjust the appropriate boolean value to =True and “Else” boolean value to =False.

Your calculation is not good: you used *5 and /5

This must be 5 and then always devide by 1 higher, so /6 , because you add 1 (CO2)
x
5 + 1 = 6

The Send Card should also have a delay of 1 sec. otherwise the calculation maybe not finished.

Thank you for helping me with this! When I do it like this, I constantly receive values that are way off the actual value.