[APP] Netatmo - Same home, just smarter. (by Athom)

Yes, still working here!

1 Like

So based on my finding seems this trigger (Know face detected) do not work if :

• you disabled recording for particular person (itā€™s OK though to have recording eg. On arrival)

Beware if you use also Netatmo location assistant, such person would never leave after timeout (eg. due to the given phone still at house), so you need to disable this eg. in case you would like to detect wake/sleep state.

Itā€™s a pity itā€™s not mentioned anywhere.

ā€¦suprise :

Dear Netatmo developer,

To improve the security of our products, we inform you that the Client Credentials grant type method will be completely removed. It will no longer be possible to authenticate with the username and password of the user.

The effective date of this update is October 2022.

How can you authenticate with Netatmo API ?
From this date, the OAuth2 authorization code flow must be followed for authentication.

2 Likes

Athom already uses Oauth2 for some time now (at least 2 years) for this app, so nothing will break.

6 Likes

Suspension of IFTTT services for your Security products

(eg. I was using Everyone left trigger via IFTTT)

A pity such functionality doesnā€™t exist in the official app, including light control for outdoor camerasā€¦

1 Like

Unfortunately, do not assume that the Homey app will be updated with possible new functions. :unamused:
I have literally been trying to convince Athom for 2 years to add the ā€œnewā€ modulating thermostat.
And adjust the app to adjust the radiator knobs in connection with the temperature. that these now give ā€œerrorā€ in combination with the relay / bridge for the modulating thermostat

2 Likes

Well, once I have convinced them to add Doorbel and that time the API hasnā€™t been official yet :slight_smile:

But generally I know what you mean :frowning:

Unfortunately Netatmo is not interested to take this over neither

1 Like

The last message Iā€™ve had from Athom is that they are negotiating with Netatmo to take over the app (but thatā€™s the 2nd time Iā€™ve heard this in 2 years time)

Now, I donā€™t know if this would be any progress, by the way! Netatmo itself is not super fast with development or support eitherā€¦

1 Like

I have asked Netatmo directly and they confirmed, 6 months ago?, that not. Best would be to have it taken over by community developer, as Homey platform have the best community developers from all the platforms :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s true! Letā€™s hope there is a volunteer who wants to develop thisā€¦ :crossed_fingers:

I wish there would be an available trigger for the Netatmo Smart Doorbell when it detects motion, so that I could use it to trigger lights outside when someone is at the door. The doorbell does detect motion, and through HomeKit it sends push notifications to our phones whenever there is movement. So I guess the functionality is there.

Also, another Netatmo request, would be to get Ā«AndĀ»-cards for the Weather Station. Like Ā«WHEN time is 12:00 AND temperature is 12 degreesĀ». Currently you can only do Ā«WHEN temperature is 12 degrees ā€¦Ā» (as far as I can see).

You can try contacting them via Support pages - I didnā€™t know however this is supported by APIā€¦ I gues it is not?

Thatā€™s possible already, just combination of two conditions

Is it not possible to connect more than one Netatmo Weather Station to Homey? I use Homey Bridge with subcription (newest version), as my Homey Pro havenā€™t arrived yet.

I bought a second Weather Station because the Outdoor Module broke on the first Weather Station, that I have had for many years. Itā€™s all setup nicely in the Netatmo app - no problems there.

But I cannot get the new Station added to Homey. The first is setup just fine. I use it in flows.

When adding new device, Homey says that devices have been found, but the list is empty. I cannot choose which devices to add and after a while this message appears:
ā€œSendMessageToApp(Com.netatmo)Timeout after 15000msā€

Can I be curious why you didnā€™t buy the outdoor sensor separately? as they do offer them separate and makes it way cheaper and you can still connect them to the main station as long as you delete the old one first.

And there is also only 1 version of Homey Bridge (which isnā€™t necessary for the Netatmo weather station BTW), so I guess everyone has the newest version :thinking:.

But donā€™t think they ever thought of people trying to connect a second weather station to Homey (Cloud nor Pro), so youā€™ll have to contact Athom which are the creators of the app, to add support for multiple weather stations.

Where I live itā€™s not possible to buy the outdoor module seperately. Neither from the Netatmo homepage. I think you confuse it with additional indoor modules. And one Weather Station only supports three additional indoor modules, so it is not that odd to have more than one, if you have a large house with many rooms. But yes, maybe they didnā€™t add the support for multiple weather stations. Hence the questionā€¦

Naah, definitely didnā€™t confuse with that.
Have a netatmo weather station myself, hence why I questioned not to buy a separate outdoor sensor as that is what I did after mine broke.
But there are just way cheaper options then buying 2/3 weather stations (ā‚¬159 per set + ā‚¬69 for any additional indoor modules without it being on clearance) to get all rooms in your house measured (most only care about temperature, humidity and luminescence), especially if you have a Homey (Bridge) (and soon Pro)

I appreciate youā€™re trying to help, but you have gone off-topic. I didnā€™t ask for advice on which devices to buy. I just want know whether or not it is possible to add a second Netatmo Weather Station to Homey. Thatā€™s it.

Guess you have to ask NetAtmo as it isnā€™t possible to add multiple Weather stations to one NetAtmo Account. You can however add multiple Presence (aka Smart outdoor Cams) to one NetAtmo Account. Not sure if that is limited, but you can add them all that way to Homey. (So not a Homey App Limitation)

And Yes another way would be to enable to connect multiple NetAtmo Accounts to Homey but that is imho a silly workaround as both companyā€™s define a sort of One Account for One Homeā€¦

Thank you for your reply Dijker.
It is possible to add at least two Weather Stations to same Netatmo account. Thatā€™s what I have, and it works fine. In fact there is no limit as per stated here.
I have asked the question to Homey Support, but hoped to get a quicker answer in this forum. But no worries, I will just await the answer from Homey Support.

1 Like

Ok, Thanks!
guess that is changed somewhere, didnā€™t notice it!
then it is up to Athom.