[APP] Netatmo - Same home, just smarter. (by Athom)

I guess it is unlikely related to Homey as for what I know Athom uses the Cloud API for NetAtmo (I don’t have a Thermostat, only Welcome / Security Cam and Weather station).
So Homey talks to the NetAtmo Servers and not to the Thermostat direct.

But you could test by disconnecting the Thermostat in Homey for a couple of days.

Thank you for the reply @Dijker

What you say makes sense but still I think there might be something linked to interferences. I have not seen documented which kind of connection there is between the thermostat and the relay but due to some “spec clues” I guess it must be most probably 433Mhz. As Homey supports it, this is why I think there might be interferences within the frequency (I have somfy RTS blinds handled through Homey so I am using 433Mhz in real life).

I will disconnect it as you suggest in order to troubleshoot it but I think that if there are interferences the issue might be still there (the issue happens randomly, sometimes several times a day, other times once a week).

Thank you for the reply, @Hugo.

When you say you just reconnect, what you mean? You restart the relay?

I have tried restarting the relay when having the issues (unplugging it), it seems to work as the connection is reestablished, I have been also thinking about handling it in Homey through a plug but I don’t like restarting devices cutting the electricity because the device can be broken.

As far as I know the relay doesn’t allow a “soft” restart so the only way you can restart it is unplugging it.

I also have that thermostat and reconect maybe twice in a year. with me, that relay is also almost next to the router.
how did you hook it up? directly on the boiler or over the old thermostat which I have done.
I still think it’s a shame that you can’t make a flow when it clicks to heat or cool.

@HuisCHovens I have the thermostat over the old thermostat, in the living room.

If you only reconnect twice a year (this is what I used to do in the past), does it mean you don’t get it disconnected normally? Reconnecting you mean unplugging / plugging again?

The netamo app in Android. he has sometimes lost connection. all I do is unplug relay and wait a minute and plugin again. Homey has never lost until now. i think it is to netamo’s server itself. every time I log into the netatmo website on my pc, it asks if I am the owner

What’s new in v5.2.0
Doorbell now has an image tag in Flow.

…working well, just implemented on Google Nest Display :slight_smile:

Thank you Athom !

Works fine with Face++ - it might tell you eg. on Google Nest who is ringing :wink:

I can’t find the image tag.
@Sharkys can you share you’re flow?

It is directly in the “The doorbell has been rang”, there is IMAGE tag…

Found it!

Thanks

Seems much more events are already available… hopefully those will be implemented some day.

@Dijker The issue I had with Netatmo has not happened again during the last 2 weeks.

I have 2 differences, both linked to Homey. One is that Homey Netatmo APP has been upgraded, the second one is that I had to change temporarily my Homey device due to some works I have done at home. Netatmo Thermostat and Relay firmware has not been upgraded recently by Netatmo and I have changed nothing on that side).

Since I am going to change Homey back to the original location (it is not only more convenient for me but as well better to receive signals from my devices at home) I will confirm whether the issue is coming from Homey location (interferences I guess) or from Homey netatmo APP (in that case what might happen is that the APP was indirectly provoking some kind of lock in the communication between the relay and the thermostat).

You can set-up the NetAtmo Presence camera to only monitor if nobody is at home, but only if you also have another indoor NetAtmo camera. Is there any way that the Presence camera could get the presence satus from Homey?

That API is available yet not implement by Athom if I’m not mistaken.

I have a Netatmo Weather Station and I noticed, that there is an insight missing from my indoor module. It’s the CO2 value that is not visible… it’s only visible for the station inself, but the indoor module has a value too.

Would be nice to have that in place… someone else experiencing same? :slight_smile:

Nope, no problem here with CO2 - try maybe the “repair” function and if it will not work, then re-add device.

1 Like

Removed the netatmo station and added it again and then it appeared! Thanks for your help :smiley:

@athom Is it possible to add the floodlight of the Netatmo Presence to the Netatmo app?

1 Like

I have a flow that looks like the set temperature has changed. If so, send a message. It works well, only this flow is grayed out, how is that because of the thermostat?