[APP][Pro] Life360

Looks like you are not authorized. Do you have the correct password and username?

Yes! Never done something with the passwords!

Life360 is down? It’s not possible to connect new phone either. Timeout session 300000ms

@Tor_Erling_Julusmoen I’ve had the same and given up using this app quite a shame because it seems quite useful to me. Tried different things from rest and again nothing helped, still the same error.

This is very wierd. I am still using it for my own purpose and do not have any issue with it. It looks almost that the ipa is blocked on some locations. The problem is I cannot reproduce it. I will look again if I have some time.

1 Like

Had the same problem this is how I got it working:

• insert username (email).
  • insert password (no specials characters).
  • save and get the mentioned error, ignore error.
  • check logs if you see the password.
  • reboot app from settings.
  • check log again, you should see a line with a Bearer token.
  • go and add the device
  • you should get a login page, after login in you will see your device(s)

Hope this helps someone :grinning:

3 Likes

Yeah, same here. I tried this app a year ago but struggled. Testet again, and followed @hknobbe guide, but no luck. And I don’t get the bearer token.

Maybe Life360 isn’t for me?! :joy:

I am from Sweden, I don’t know if that is a reason (Tor is from Norway, so more or less same region). However, the app itself is working nicely

1 Like

Is there a chance that this app will be available on/for homey bridge?

Best Regards,
Arjan

Not sure. I don’t have this homey bridge so i need to invest in this and will never use it. So not sure yet.

Correct me if I’m wrong @MarcelT but I believe the app communicates via the cloud in which case it won’t need the bridge, just Homey (cloud).
The issue is being allowed to publish it for that platform.

@MarcelT

Thanks for the app.
Now IFTTT is gone its. Replacement i should have used before

Just crossing my fingers it will be usable and updated over time

Great job :+1::+1:

Hello. I am not able to use the card Device left places… the places are not getting listed.

is there a solution for this?

Dear All,

The current app has all kinds of issues (which I cannot fix) and might not be working well anymore. This is because the app is based on an older nodejs component which is out-dates. Secondly, life360 moved to the cloud and there is the new functionality.

So I am thinking either I remove the app from the app store (I am using currently Home Assistant and Homey only for a few things) or I redesign the app and build my api to Life 360 myself (which cost me a lot of free time (research and building).

I am still doubting about this and I will let you, later on, know my decision.

Marcel
(The developer of LIfe360 :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I use the app every day. All my presence is based on it. I love the app and have no issues with it at all. I hope it can stay.

Same here. Wouldn’t want to live without it!

I must admit we only use it for presence detection (when people leave home of get home), we don’t use the other places we created in Life360, or at least not with Homey. But for merely presence detection it works flawless.

1 Like

Would be nice to try!!!

Please do, as I love to using Life360 with Homey. Much appreciated!

Yes, please continue. Use the app for homey and other information :ok_hand:

I have done a complete rewrite of the App life360. It might be still buggy as everything is changed. The app is now written for SDK 3 and a completely new API towards cloud life 360.
If you want to test this you can do this from Connect Life360 | Homey
But be aware that this app can be buggy, so do not use it if you depend on it!

6 Likes

Great work, thx @MarcelT! I use this app daily and am very happy with it!

(shouln’t the topic title be changed, now that this thread turns into the “official” apps discussion thread?)

1 Like