[APP][Pro] HDL Smartbus

Wow that was quick, really impressed with your turn around time!! Will test it later this evening.

1 Like

Hi Andreas. No pressure with that, Im totally satisfied with your current version - itā€™s really perfect! If you want anything test with thermo units, I can. You can put it to the test and i will try it. Or you can connect to my computer remotelly and we can try everything what you need to know. But I repeat, no pressureā€¦ In your free time :slight_smile: Itā€™s only icing on the cake :slight_smile:

The new version based on SDK 3 (Homey >= 5) is now live - hope it is running smoothly for everyone. A new test version is added here HDL SmartBus | Homey for a slight change to Universal Switches, documented here: GitHub - alydersen/hdl-smartbus-homey: Adds support for HDL devices to your Homey. Requires that you have an IP-module, and that its IP-address is at the same network as your Homey.

1 Like

Hi Andreas, how are you? Winter is commingā€¦ :slight_smile: :dash: :sweat_drops:
What about next development? I have pc with GIT and can try your code on homey (I edited another Daikin app to get better funcionality to my air conditionā€¦) so I can give you right feedback from your git versions. Can you save some your time to try it?

And the branch with thermostat - is there something to test?

Thanks for your work!

Would it be possible to get this fantastic HDL Smartbus app ready for the new Homey Bridge ? I do not know what it takes, but would really appreciate it :slight_smile:

Hi. I have problems finding dimmers, relays and sensors too, only finding theuniversal switch but it has only 1 button, did jou find any solution to the problem?

Hello

I am interested in using the Homey app for a HDL Wireless+Wired system. Is there someone here who has tested it with the wireless IP-gateway, relays and dimmers?

Maybe you get a reaction if you place your issue on github.

I have a question about HDL itself rather than Homey. I have not found an HDL forum but as you are all HDL ā€œexpertsā€ thought I would ask here. (hope you donā€™t mind)

Two of my sensors appear to have stopped working. That is they donā€™t trigger lights anymore. I can turn the lights on manually and/or via homey so the relays work fine, but neither movement or lack of triggers a change in state. Anyone had these issues or found a way to fix or test to see what is really happening? (or could it be the devices just need replacing?)

Hi HDL guys! I have great news, with my bro we finished support to floor heaters. I just sended our version to @AndreasL. I hope he will review our version and will add it to new version. Stay tuned! :slight_smile:

That is great news @horakmar! Sorry about the lack of response lately - been busy. Iā€™ll take a look at the code

Iā€™ve look into that a bit, but from what I see, there is no support for sending network requests from the new bridge

Just to follow up on the question about wireless systems (and any other requests for stuff): This is an open source project where anybody can contribute, answer and generally have opinions. Iā€™ve opened up the project so that more people can enjoy what changed my HDL installation into something more "modern., But just as you, I have another job which needs my main attention, family, dog, house, cars, etc. If you want to see things happen - make them happen. If you see questions - try to answer them. Iā€™ll still use this project and update the code, but my incentive is my own house - I have no affiliation with HDL or Homey.

@horakmar Did you check out the version I published to test?

Hi Andreas, thank you for remind me this. I tested it now and there is some bugsā€¦ Get status of SET semperature is OK - when i change it in HDL, homey show right temperature. Set of temperature doesnot work - when i change it in homey, HDL doesnot change temperature. ON & OFF doesnot work too.

Hi

Great integration :wink:

Iā€™ve been using HDL(cabled) for 10 years. Itā€™s working, but Homey brings a new dimension to HDL :wink:
Thanks!

I do also have a floor with HDL wireless. My issue is that when I set up the integration I have to choose what subnet/IF to the logic module.

My wired installation in like 10.0.0.50 and my wireless is 10.0.0.51
Subnet 200 and 1

So ATM I canā€™t get both parts integrated into Homey, any solution to that ?

Hi, that is not good news. Is this something we could request Homey to add? If I understand your reply correctly you can not fix this.

Can you be more specific and I will send a request to Homey, since this is the most important Homey integration for me. If not possible, I have to switch to an Homey pro (which I have at my cabin).

Hi @Yngvi , I think there is only one way for now - if you are a little bit IT lover, you can install to your local computer, get latest version from github of homey and change id and name in app.json and get it to the homey. It will create duplicate installation to your homey. You will have two apps in Homey.
But if Andreas release new version, you must make this again. Download newest version from github and install again. But there is no settings again, homey will remeber that.

install from pc: Getting Started - Homey Apps SDK
github: GitHub - alydersen/hdl-smartbus-homey: Adds support for HDL devices to your Homey. Requires that you have an IP-module, and that its IP-address is at the same network as your Homey.

@horakmar inspired by your work with the heating module I thought I would take a look and see what I could do. I start from zero competence :slight_smile: but assumed I could get by following the instruction videos you posted above and create a local copy to test. It seems to me that at some point the library caligo-mentis/smart-bus/blob/d783e67ffbe372217f9598547831a82fa13439c4/lib/commands.js#L1751 must get copied into the code, but how and where I cannot work out. Any hints appreciated

Is it possible for my Homey Pro at my cabin to control my HDL at Homey through internet? I currently use i3 (iridium project) so I have access to the hdl ip module remotely