[APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom)

@DirkG Ok, so I think I just figured out a potential issue:
I have here two manuals:
a) https://manuals.fibaro.com/walli-switch/
b) https://manuals.fibaro.com/content/manuals/en/FGWDSEU-221/FGWDSEU-221-T-EN-v1.0.pdf
Both for the same product as I have (FGWDSEU-221)

Manual a mentions, at parameter 20, the option for 2 way switching. Manual b does not… Is there perhaps a newer and older version of this device, usefully labelled with the exact same serial number and product name?
Or does the device need to be updated? I don’t have a fibaro homecenter however (and not really willing to buy one, as I have a homey to fulfil my needs)

Alternatively, I also noted that this product FGWDSEU-221 is not mentioned on the Athom Fibaro github page https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro. Perhaps it’s a simple case of this device being incorrectly recognised by the app? Could someone check whether it’s supported, and whether it contains 3 options for parameter 20 in single switch mode? @RalfVanDooren @Caseda @TedTolboom @Priknr1
Many thanks, I feel we’re getting closer to a fix/answer.

First of all, I would like to say that I am not a Z-Wave or SmartHome expert. The other mentioned people have much more experience and knowledge.

The two different manuals are for different firmware versions of the Walli Switch, FW 5.0-5.1 and FW 5.2 and higher. But this could be the point. Please go into the advanced device settings or in Developer and find out which FW do you have, it should be 5.2.
If necessary i could update your Walli Switch because I have a Fibaro HC2, but probably shipping is too expensive, i live in Germany.

Ah, that determines it then… The switch currently installed is FW 5.1.1.
Fortunately I have another switch with FW 5.2.1. I’ll swap them and see how it turns out :smile: (as the other one currently installed is a normal double switch, so nothing fancy)

Would really be useful if FW upgrades were possible without homecenters as well… But I guess that’s Fibaro protecting its intellectual property or something…
Will get back to let you know how it turns out.

EDIT: the switching did it. So it was a firmware issue. Many thanks to @fantross for helping me figure this out!

1 Like

It is now, but you will found it under Nice app :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, I’m relatively new to Homey / Fibaro.
I’ve installed the Fibaro Dimmer 2 with two dimmable LED lights.
The total load of the two LED lights is 20W, so I’ve added the Fibaro Bypass as well.
The Fibaro Dimmer 2 is installed with the 3 wire setup.

Problem now is that the 2 LED lights won’t dim. I’ve performed multiple re-calibrations, both with and without the Fibaro Bypass, but that didn’t help. I still wasn’t able to dim.

Therefore, I replaced the 2 LED lights with one incandescent light bulb of 100W, just to check if the problem is the Fibaro Dimmer 2. After a re-calibration, the light bulb of 100W was able to dim.
Without changing the configuration in the Homey/Fibaro-app, I replaced the 100W light bulb with the two LED lights. I performed no re-calibration. Now I can dim the two LED lights, without any flickering and to a very low power level (5W according to the Homey/Fibaro-app).

This means that the Fibaro Dimmer 2 doesn’t detect the two LED lights correctly.
If I’m correct, it is possible to overrule the parameters determined during auto-calibration.
However, those option parameters are not present in the Homey/Fibaro app.

I’m looking for the following parameters:

Any idea how to change those parameters in the Homey/Fibaro-app?

With raw configuration.

There are several ways to do this:

• Developer → Tools → Z-Wave (with the long code as described in the linked post)
  • Advanced settings of the Dimmer 2 → Raw Configuration
  • Flow, in the “Then…” section → add card “System/Z-Wave” → Send unprocessed command (or similar)

Afaik, it’s not possible to change parameter via raw configuration if the device is secured included.

Hi fantross,

With regards to your last sentence, does that mean that I cannot change parameters using raw configuratie, as the Dimmer 2 already is included into Homey?

No, the Dimmer 2 has to be already included but unsecure included.

If the device is secure included it doesn’t work. Then you have to exclude the device and include it again in unsecure mode.

Hello,

I recently noticed that my Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 does not return status when I operate it with the connected switch. Example: I close the shutter with the connected switch instead of the app, but the shutter is displayed as open.

Previously it always worked, what can be there?

If i switch parameter 3 to Z-Wave Report Protocoll it reports correctly, there must be a bug in testversion 3.04?

Greetings

Philipp

Is there any way to change the icon for Fibaro relays to icons for the devices they control, e.g. lights, fans, etc. rather than these rather unhelpful pictures:

No its not possible. You can create virtual device with custom icon and link it to Fibaro device (quite a work if you have many devices) or you can use emojis in label. Emojis have one benefit, they will sort same type of devices together if emojis used at the beggining of label.

You are welcome to join the feature request. The more users who want to have this feature, the greater the chance that Athom will eventually implement this feature (if it is technically and contractually possible).

Thanks for emoji recommendation (struggled to find an appropriate one for fans).

Did anyone set up an official feature request for custom icons? using the form ?: Feature request for Homey

:dash: or :wind_face: :wink:

More infos about the “new” sort of feature request you can find here:

I just got a wall plug (UK) and it’s been detected as a “Basic Z-Wave Device” and doesn’t seem to do anything…
The wall plugs say they are supported - what gives?

Here de same. Today a brand new wall plug but homey didn’t see him. Delete an old working plug and try to connect him again but no way.

1 Like

Well, that means it is not being recognized by the app. It tries to recognize based on ID’s provided by the plug. And if they haven’t been added to the app, they are not being recognized. So my advice would be to open a support ticket with Athom and provide them with the correct id’s.

Hi, i use several fibaro motion sensors and have 5.0rc62 and fibaro version 3.0.4 installed . Since rc62 i have the problem that if “motion detection pulse counter” set to 1 the motion alarm i s more or less always active, after cancelation time it goes shortly off but after one second its activated again. Before 62 it wasn t a problem. Do someone have also this problem? (in meantime i set it two 2 pulse)