[APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.43, Test 1.1.48)

Hello,

just bought 4 of the “plus” temperature meter, in BLE
It connected fine to the BLE app on my mobile phone.

But i can’t get it to connect to the homey
I went close, then verrry close
And then left the Homey off power for 15min and tried again
The homey app, when choosing BLE temperature, just says it hasnt found any

Any idea what i missed and i could try out?

Thanks!

All I can suggest is to keep trying or get a Switchbot hub. Homey’s BLE is not very good, especially if you have one of the homey4d models or the Homey bridge.

Thanks! which protocol does the hub use to connect to the homey?

It uses the Internet with Webhooks.
If you want a local only connection and you have a bit of technical patience then you could get an ESP32 module and install my code on it.

Good afternoon, I’ve just received the new Switchbot Blind tilt, ordered from kickstarter. It would be great if you can add it to the app, so i can control it from homey.

@Adrian_Rockall Do you need any information to add it to the app?

Thanks in Advance,

WIth kind regards,
Mark

I have been trying to get one of those to play with.
Can you go to the Configure App screen, tap on detected devices, when the list fills, send the log.

I’ll get the error, No 0auth2 client found. Maybe that it’s the problem that this is my first device in Switchbot? I tried to login again, but nothing changed…

Only on the log tab, in full information is a long log file, but there is everything on bluetooth in my enviroment.

Could you try adding one of the hub devices (even though you don’t have one) as that should ask you to log into your Switchbot account so it can search for devices. When it comes up and says no devices found, go to the Configure App screen and try again.

I have a Switchbot Blind tilt and a Switchbot Hub. I’ve send the log and I can see that my device is present.
Hope it helps. If you need more information I’m willing to help.

I tried that, but it wont help. I could send you some temporary login credentials so you can try it?

I have the log from @Chromoris so I can add the device from that information.
I have also requested a unit from my contact at SwitchBot so I can test it before I publish an update as the command to tilt is a bit strange. If I don’t hear back in a few days I will publish a best guess for you both to test.

Any way to speed up the switchbot bot? Have it in a flow to press my garage door opener, but sometimes it either takes forever for it to start. So you start the flow twice, then door stops because it was already going.

Or you actually have to press twice, because flow to turn on bot isn’t run.
Any tip on getting it more reliable and speedier?

How far is the bot from the controller?
The controller would be Homey if you are using BLE or the Switchbot hub if you are using that.

I’ve send an additional log. Also made a compilation of different positions for the slide (only direction & slidePosition changed):

Closed up: “direction”: “Up” & “slidePosition”: 100
Opened Up 30%: “direction”: “Up” & “slidePosition”: 85
Opened Up 76%: “direction”: “Up” & “slidePosition”: 62
Fully Open: “direction”: “Down” & “slidePosition”: 50
Opened Down 60%: “direction”: “Down” & “slidePosition”: 30
Opened Down 46%: “direction”: “Down” & “slidePosition”: 23
Closed down: “direction”: “Down” & “slidePosition”: 0

From what I can see the tilt works in steps of 2%. Fully opened is at the halfway point. And it makes sense since horizontal blinds can be closed in 2 ways, so those are at the endpoints.

1 Like

Aha, that’s helpful as the command to control has 0 at each end with 100 in the middle, so up;0 is tilted up, up;100 and down;100 is in the open position and down;0 is tilted down. So I wasn’t sure what to expect for position on the status.
I will publish a test version based on this information when I get back to the PC.

I don’t think up and down do very much. From what I can see the scale goes from 0 to 100, where 0 is fully closed down, 100 is fully closed up and 50 is open. Since Tilt in the app works in steps of 2%, it makes sense: a change in slidePosition of 1 represents a 2% change in the app.

Not sure what Direction does, some experimentation has also excluded that it might be the last direction the wand has been turning. Probably a quick indication to which side the Tilt is opening/closing.

1 Like

Using the hub. Might be 5 meters, from basement to first floor

Hmm, with a floor in between that could be the problem. The hub communicates with the bot using BLE which has a limited range (Bluetooth Low Energy). Could you try moving the hub closer to the bot to see if that helps?

1 Like

A floor in between will definitely not work. The range of Bluetooth is too small for that. It depends not only on the distance, but also on the nature of the walls and ceilings. If the hub absolutely has to be in the basement, buy a second hub for the first floor and register the device with it.
You can simply test it by moving your hub to the first floor for a short time.

I have curtain bot which is maybe 10+ meters. First floor and hub in basement. No issues with that one :person_shrugging:.