[APP][Pro] Bluesound - Multi-room Music. The Hi-Res Way

v1.3.1 - 2019-04-18

• NEW: relative volume action card
1 Like

I have been using the bluesound app on Homey for a while. Sometimes somehow the connections is lost (the device gets a red triangle badge, and when you click it, it say the device is not available). One solution I used in such situations is to remove the device and add it again.

But now I enter the IP and press the button to test the connection and I get Unknown Error, and it says to check if Homey and the device are in the same network.

They are in the same network. On my phone, also in that network, I can browse that IP to get the diagnostics page of the speaker. I can also get the status on port 11000 using this url http://192.168.178.44:11000/Status

Behavior is the same for my othe bluesound speakers.

So now I am stuck as I can no longer use the app.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks,
Joep

In the Bluesound app there are diagnostics. It will give you a log file of the device. Scan it for issues. You should see something if Homey fires a command.

In your router you should have certain settings set correctly. Ask bluesound support for these.

But in general I do also have lost connections sometimes. Never found out why. I’m now on a different router, so it has to something with the app or Homey. No idea what. I’m already very happy with it working 80% of the time

If you know your way around the command line you could run the app in debug mode. It would tell me more on what is going on. I don’t own a Bluesound device myself so I can’t troubleshoot it.

Is there an instruction somewhere on how to do that?

Joseph, for a long time I had issues with speakers disappearing from groups. It had to do in my case with the old fashion wifi connection. I have them hardwired using power line units and no more problems with groups failing or units disappearing. Even a few second drop throws the sync off.
Mike

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issues as Joseph, bluesound devices not responding while they are responding outside Homey via the IP that’s been configured in Homey.

I succesfully installed the debug app, but I’m now looking for instructions what to do with it.

V Pre-processing app...
V Validating app...
V Homey App validated successfully
? Choose an active Homey: Homey (o
You have selected `Homey` as your
V Packing Homey App...
 - App size: 509.5 KB
V Installing Homey App on `Homey`
1 Like

You need to run the app from command line with the command athom app run. It will then spit out more logging on what is going on on the command line. If you run the debug version from the branch below it will even spit out more info. After you have done this you can post the output here and I can perhaps see what is going on.

If you guys figure it out. I love you. Have been to busy/lazy to do it myself.

@Phuturist is it possible in 2.0 to add cards to a device. You currently have 3 cards. A fourth would be nice in which I could choose a preset(favorite). I can give you the api commands.

I assume you mean the cards when clicking on the device itself. These cards are auto generated by the capabilities of a device. There is a possibility to add custom capabilities but without exactly know what you want to achieve it’s hard to tell if it’s possible. How would the extra card look like, what interaction should be possible and what should it do.

The card is a list of favorites. Personally I have only 4. When you click it an api cmd is sent to play that preset. There is also a cmd to get the list.

This is how it looks like in the BluOS app: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iRT_wfPaDLOwxavyrzahzn1Y2cpbIl9e/view?usp=drivesdk

As far as I can tell this is not possible. I can not add a custom capability that dynamically adds it’s options. I have asked on the developer channel on Slack to get confirmation.

[EDIT] Nope, not possible.

1 Like

Maybe one day

Did you figure it out why we see these time-outs?

At the moment it’s working. I had these issues once since I’ve reported it, but currently it’s working. If I see issues again I’ll run the debug app.

Could it be a difference between debug-version and production?

If I open the mobile app, I can see the device going offline continuously.

You should always make sure you have the latest production versionb of the Homey app. Debug versions are not maintained with updates.

One of my 4 bluesound devices now installs fine but homey then immediately says it’s unreachable. The other 3 devices work fine. I’ve restarted the app, the Bluesound devices and my WiFi. I have all the latest updates installed.

I don’t understand :-/

Is it continuously no response ? Or sometimes.

You could go visit the IP in your browser. It should open up a page