Advanced Flow — Ask Me Anything

ok, just wanted to let you know. And you know, we test betas… also for you :slight_smile:

Ha, I missed that mail between beach and dinner :laughing:
Very cool. Thanks Athom.

Thanks, Ruud.

Mmmzzz, it is not a good selling point, to say it nicely.

1 Like

It should be on the exact same page you’re linking in your post.
Just around here, where it says my Homey already got one… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Are you logged in with your Homey account on that site already?
Got a Homey Pro?

Why is only text color different in “notes” in darkmode? Darkmode needs the entire note to have its background in the different colors - not the text color.

If I set the not color to “green”, then it’s almost impossible to tell it’s a note.

No, just on your Homey Pro v8.0.0 like the standard flows. Nothing changes, you only need the WebApp to edit them.

I assume / I really hope all apps with flowcards can be used (App store / community store / CLI installs / personal local apps.

Thanks for your help. When I switched to my mobile phone I was immediately able to purchase the item on that page. On my laptop there was/is no buy option, despite being logged in. Strange… Well it’s fixed now.

1 Like

it is on that page just below the video and you can ONLY buy one at a time :wink:

Guess they don’t want sponsors…

But maybe as it is bought for a specific Homey :wink:

Simple question. Will t here be a storage upgrade available in t he future. Because my storage is already full. Love this kind of feature, but yeah. Can’t really use it

Physically impossible. That should be a whole new model Homey then, which we know nothing about yet.

Reasons i am looking into Home Assistant, Cause i’m literally just completely throttled by storage

Did you check what’s uses the most?

If you ever changed the language, new voices are downloaded , but never get removed when you change to an other language.
Speech files are pretty big (compared to the disksize).
And don’t forget sound files. Maybe you can lose some of them.
Note: my Homey is crammed full with apps, devices and flows. Only half the storage is used.
Note2: I once had an Insights file of 450MB.
Restoring a backup reduced it to the generic 55MB

This is a great update! Can’t wait to play with this :slight_smile:

Yes I have. Almost all of it is other. Which i assume is flows. Also the memory is almost at its limit which really frustrates me. Bought a €400 device would expect some service to upgrade

@Emile Unlike a number of others, I am extremely happy with this new feature. After some playing around I can only say that 25 euros as a one-time fee in my opinion does not even cover the load of all the work you have put into this. I can recommend everyone to make this purchase. I don’t mind the fact that I have to rebuild flows at all. It’s so easy to use and beautifully made, it’s almost enjoyable to recreate! I have one suggestion, but not a must at all. Still, I think it fits with how well everything works now and how well-organized the flows are now. I like logging errors :grinning:. What I’ve done now is made a separate flow with a text “start-tag”. Every error possibility of a flow sends the error by a text tag to the error flow to log it. So works fine. As a result, it becomes a bit messy. So perhaps an idea to think about is a general error card. All errors of the flow go there. Thanks again and be proud of the awsome new feature! I hope there will be many more updates like this and I have no problem paying for them as long as it’s a one time thing and of this high quality!

10 Likes

I have 750+ flows, and “Other” is 314MB.
So there’s something going wrong with your “Other” file so it seems.
You could ask Athom if they can take a look by sending a diagnostic report along with submitting a request

What does your memory overview say?
Hint: I disable apps which I only use every once in a while.

Question for the AMA:
Is there a speed/performance difference between “simple flows” and Advanced Flows?

Could I ditch simple flows and only use Advanced Flows from now on? Are there any downsides to using Advanced Flows, except current mobile unavailability?

2 Likes

Question: what happens if you use advanced flows and need to restore to a new Homey? Will they be restored, even if you don’t have the license yet?

By the way; I saw someone mention that some people are not happy with the new tool and I take that to say that I am happy with it but nothing is perfect and everyone has their wishes. It’s a good thing to give that feedback because only then they can improve it. So I’m still pro convert button and maybe it’ll inspire the developers. :blush:

1 Like

Are there going to be in depth youtube videos or tutorials?

2 Likes